Vitamin K2-Mk4 Now Available!

CoolTweetPete

@healthnatura Dr. Kassner, could you address tara's question regarding the oil base? Curious about this as well.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

More than happy to answer all your questions.
Oil Base: The oil base in the 95% purity product is residual oils from the source plant material. All my supplier will say is that it isn't soy. As for the diluted products like the 1mg/drop, ADKE and K w/D3 the base used to dilute the product is the same MCT I use in all my other oil based products.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

I wonder how this compares to kuinone from idealabs.
It is not my place to compare my product to another supplier that I don't wish to criticize as I have heard wonderful things about Idea Labs products. The main difference I see is I offer it as a single supplement as well as in several blends. I'm open to suggestions for formulations as well.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Congratulations on this state-of-the-art k2 product. I appreciate this efforts to shine light back about supplements dark side and trying to offert the best product to the customers, not relying on marketing gimmicks used by most of the big supp industries.

Ill be pleased to support small growing companies like yours instead of the big ones, and benefiting of better products at the same time.

Now my fears after reading about this k2 background. Please, tell me you sell this gem on glass and not plastics, bpa-free "safe" deceitful plastics and that stuff to cut 1-2 buks.... please, please please!!!

I have decided to make the initial offering in my plastic dropper bottles that I have done extensive research on for safety. The main reason being two fold. One it has a flow regulated dropper to yield a precise dose. Second 95% of my customers select 1'st class shipping and the breakage rate is higher than say priority mail or UPS ground. I'm happy to offer glass if there is enough demand though.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Have you tried this yourself? Any difference to note?
Thanks.
I personally have not had a need to use vitamin K2. I have used it with my clients though and a reliable result in the past has been hit and miss even within the same brand. I have not had this product long enough to say with certainty that it yields better results but I do anticipate that it will. I primarily use it in cases of bone density and circulatory concerns.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Do you deliver to the UK?
Edit: just seen you do :D definitely gonna try some out. What benefits have you noticed from your formulation?
I ship orders to the UK every week without incident.

Agent207

I have decided to make the initial offering in my plastic dropper bottles that I have done extensive research on for safety. The main reason being two fold. One it has a flow regulated dropper to yield a precise dose. Second 95% of my customers select 1'st class shipping and the breakage rate is higher than say priority mail or UPS ground. I'm happy to offer glass if there is enough demand though.

Theres no problem with glass at all. I always get my orders shipped International First-Class. Bear in mind we are talking relatively small bottles, around 1-2oz. Do you know how hard is to break those? 32oz bottles would be more risky and should be bubble wrapped, but the little ones?

Did you see the generic glass bottles like the ones Thorne uses for its liquid vitamins? They all have dropper; I've been using Thorne K2 for long time, shipped in a box unwrapped and never had a problem. Still you could add a little bubble wrap for extra security, but as I said, 1oz bottles are hard to break inside a box with minimun cushion.

And if Thornes k2 is a cheap source as you suggest, I dont get how can you put your awesome k2 in cheap plastic. How much difference could it be for one of those little generic glass bottles, <1$?? I would gladly pay for it. Whats more, using glass when available, is in my opinion a sign for a distributor who takes seriously his stuff.

12 New, High Quality, 1 oz Amber Glass Bottles, with Glass Eye Droppers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Theres no problem with glass at all. I always get my orders shipped International First-Class. Bear in mind we are talking relatively small bottles, around 1-2oz. Do you know how hard is to break those? 32oz bottles would be more risky and should be bubble wrapped, but the little ones?

Did you see the generic glass bottles like the ones Thorne uses for its liquid vitamins? They all have dropper; I've been using Thorne K2 for long time, shipped in a box unwrapped and never had a problem. Still you could add a little bubble wrap for extra security, but as I said, 1oz bottles are hard to break inside a box with minimun cushion.

And if Thornes k2 is a cheap source as you suggest, I dont get how can you put your awesome k2 in cheap plastic. How much difference could it be for one of those little generic glass bottles, <1$?? I would gladly pay for it. Whats more, using glass when available, is in my opinion a sign for a distributor who takes seriously his stuff.

12 New, High Quality, 1 oz Amber Glass Bottles, with Glass Eye Droppers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
I have no issues offering the product in glass. In fact I buy glass by the thousands at a time and have them in stock at all times. Some of my products I believe warrant glass or are not compatible with plastic. I just consider the plastic bottles I use a better choice in this instance. There is a misconception promoted in the industry that amber glass has better light protection over other types. Amber glass has a rather high clarity rate (an opacity of 10%) with poor light blocking properties. White plastic blocks a larger percentage of the light spectrum that damages sensitive products with an opacity of 50%. The highest protection from light that has a 98% opacity is black resin dipped glass bottles. I can get these if there is enough demand but the upgrade would increase the price by about $5. My minimum order for them is 500.
On the breakage issue the first class rates I quote for are based on shipping in flexible bags not boxes which would drive up shipping fees that I like to keep low. Packing for glass is possible in this shipping type, it just comes with a higher breakage rate compared to zero. I will post an amber glass option shortly for those who wish it. I'll put together a brief article on the subject shortly.

I think some of the options being worth hundreds if you put them in glass you're forced to do insurance for every shipment... I don't know if that is feasible.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

I'm posting a new thread on the subject of glass and plastic.

Drareg

I noticed on your webpage it now says MK 7 is also in the vitamin k2 product.
I was curious as to why?
Thanks.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

the K2-Mk4 I use is naturally sourced and to prevent the Mk4 from getting damaged it isn't overly refined leaving a residual Mk7. The Mk7 content has been disclosed starting on the launch date.

If pure undamaged Mk4 doesn't exist and there are two forms of Mk4, what did they use in the famous experiments?

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

When the early experiments were done the sophisticated process now used to produce ultra pure Mk4 didn't exist. Also at the time tests accurate enough to differentiate traces of Mk7 from Mk4 was also poor. My assumption, a less purified form was used. As to the question of the source material I haven't found any info that would allow me to speculate.

Damn guys, can we get some testimonials in here or what?

Agent207

Im waiting to get this delivered soon, so I'll coment about it. I've been using thorne k2 and finished my last bottle and I think wont go thornes anymore, after discovering the truth about k2 supps "backstage". I wonder with how many supps this sort of things may happen too...

Mjhl85

To me this is the ultimate K2 product. My liver health has finally changed after 2 weeks using this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals