Vitamin K2 MK4 Hairloss

rw39

So I've been steadily taking Vitamin MK4 (via both kuinone and carlson labs) 5MG for 2 years now. I can confidently say it's causing recession at my temples.
I'm taking it with Vitamin D ---- and wait hours before I take vitamin E.
I'm also taking zinc and calcium with it. I could probably be better w/ the dosing of the calcium as I'm inconsistent.
I'm peaty diet.

Any ways to combat this? Probably going to have to give it K up all together. It's a shame because it makes me feel great and singlehandedly cured my acne and other skin problems. I just know it's causing hair loss.

So I've been steadily taking Vitamin MK4 (via both kuinone and carlson labs) 5MG for 2 years now. I can confidently say it's causing recession at my temples.
I'm also taking zinc and calcium with it. I could probably be better w/ the dosing of the calcium as I'm inconsistent.
I'm peaty diet.

Any ways to combat this? Probably going to have to give it K up all together. It's a shame because it makes me feel great and singlehandedly cured my acne and other skin problems. I just know it's causing hair loss.
I need vitamin k to combat my thin blood, but I just can’t bring myself to buy another bottle of it knowing food sources are much better. So I made a big batch of broccoli soup today with my chicken bone broth. I hope your hairline can recover now that you are stopping the supplementation.

A

Adf

Quoting my post from another thread, as one possible reason.

Here's a possibility.. There's a guy on Youtube Rob English who thinks much of men's hair loss is caused by a tight scalp, caused by stressed and tight facial muscles.

The theory is the tight scalp both restricts/strangles the blood vessels to the hair follicles and also causes inflammation. The body responds to the inflammation by sending DHT the scalp, so his theory is that DHT is a response to what is causing the hair loss, not directly causing hair loss in itself. You can think of it like a chicken or egg situation, which comes first?

He has successfully regrown his hair by massaging his face and head muscles every day. as a daily routine. However, he also mentions a study done to test his theory. The study was done on bald men and they were given botox to forcefully relax facial muscles around the forehead and side of head. I believe it was 75% of the men saw significant hair regrowth from Botox alone.

See here: A Pilot Study to Evaluate Effectiveness of Botulinum Toxin in Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in Males

"Of 10 patients, 8 had good to excellent response on photographic assessment. At the end of 24 weeks, 1 patient showed poor and 1 showed fair response to treatment. As per self-assessment, 7of 10 patients showed good to excellent response. Two patients had fair response and 1 patient showed poor response to treatment."

So if there's any truth to this theory of Robs, your hair regrowth may be from a reduce in stress, and the powerful anti-inflammatory effects of TRT.

You can also get started with this video here to learn more..

If there is any truth to the claim that hair loss is caused by tight muscles/inflammation in the scalp therefore suffocating the hair follicles, it's possible the coagulation effect of Vitamin K could also cause suffocation of the hair follicles. Hair follicles, like everything else in the body, need adequate blood flow.

Do you take aspirin? If not, it may counter the coagulation of blood to allow proper blood flow to hair follicles.

MarcelZD

Could it be an effect of decreased estradiol? I feel a bit weird with high dose supplementary K2-Mk4, but I am not sure why it has that effect either.

MarcelZD

I need vitamin k to combat my thin blood, but I just can’t bring myself to buy another bottle of it knowing food sources are much better. So I made a big batch of broccoli soup today with my chicken bone broth. I hope your hairline can recover now that you are stopping the supplementation.
Does this work just as well as supplementation for you? I would also prefer not to take a supplement, and well-cooked broccoli in a soup just sounds great.

Does this work just as well as supplementation for you? I would also prefer not to take a supplement, and well-cooked broccoli in a soup just sounds great.
Yeah well cooked broccoli, wheat grass, dandelion, and just even a few greens like arugula alongside some meat is better than supplementation.

laleto12

I would say this is excessively lowered estrogen. Same thing happened to me.

Ras

I'm peaty diet.

Maybe you were going to recede anyway.