Vitamin K2 (MK4) And Aromatase Inhibition

High_Prob

I have seen it posted on here that MK4 is an Aromatase Inhibitor yet I cannot find any studies stating that this is the case. Haidut has mentioned that there are studies showing that this is the case but I cannot find these studies linked on the forum.

Does anyone have links to specific studies that show that MK4 is an Aromatase Inhibitor.

Note: I already know of studies that show that it blocks estrogen through other mechanisms. I am looking for studies that specifically show that it blocks estrogen through the inhibition of the Aromatase enzyme.

Kunstruct

What is with the latest claims that it is an 5AR inhibitor?

Something can be an aromatase and 5AR inhibitor at the same time, just that there is so much contradiction and so much pick and choose in studies and claims and anecdotic stories with various other substances.

OP
H

High_Prob

I don't see any studies stating that MK4 is a 5AR inhibitor, just studies stating that MK7 and K1 are.

As for MK4 and Aromatase Inhibition: I really don't think there are any studies out there stating that it inhibits Aromatase. @haidut is typically on point though which is why I was requesting some links to confirm (assuming that I am not searching efficiently).

Can anyone please just post some links to studies (if there are any)?

Kingpinguin

I don't see any studies stating that MK4 is a 5AR inhibitor, just studies stating that MK7 and K1 are.

As for MK4 and Aromatase Inhibition: I really don't think there are any studies out there stating that it inhibits Aromatase. @haidut is typically on point though which is why I was requesting some links to confirm (assuming that I am not searching efficiently).

Can anyone please just post some links to studies (if there are any)?

not specific aromatase inhibitor. Think maybe the word of mouth has twisted the real posted study.

Vitamin K2 binds 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 4 and modulates estrogen metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

Subsequent experiments showed that vitamin K2 binds 17beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 4 and decreases the intracellular estradiol:estrone ratio, which resulted in the inhibition of the amount of estrogen receptor alpha-binding to its target DNA. These results suggest a possible novel role for vitamin K in modulating estrogen function.

So vitamin K2 reduces the estrogen load of cells and it binding and modulatory effect estorgen has on cells.

this is the only haidut study ive seen on the subject

estrone is much weaker than estradiol

Mark Nissel

Looking for ways to increase Testosterone levels and ran across this:
Menaquinone-4 enhances testosterone production in rats

But...am very concerned about this:
The MK4-containing WD diet increased plasma levels of LDL and triglycerides, hepatic steatosis, and mRNA expression of genes required for triglyceride and cholesterol synthesis. MK4 diminished levels of several cytokines and chemokines in liver, including IL-6, TNFa and MCP1, as measured by hepatic cytokine array. Consequently, MK4 may exert non-beneficial effects on circulating lipid levels, especially in hypercholesterolemic individuals.