Vitamin K2 From Bacillus Subtilus Spores?

Jesilyn

I am wondering if supplementing with MegaSporeBiotic, which contains B. subtilis would provide sufficient K2? I just started supplementing with aspirin and am receiving noticeable benefit, but I am concerned about internal bleeding. Will K2 help prevent this and could B. Subtilis provide it?

Lollipop2

I am wondering if supplementing with MegaSporeBiotic, which contains B. subtilis would provide sufficient K2? I just started supplementing with aspirin and am receiving noticeable benefit, but I am concerned about internal bleeding. Will K2 help prevent this and could B. Subtilis provide it?
How much aspirin are you taking? If over 600mg a day, I would personally use K2 at least every other day. Some would say to take daily. I doubt the megasporebiotic will provide enough K2, but could alternate days with k2 which could work well for you.

OP
J

Jesilyn

I have been taking over 600 mg most days, but I’ve only been doing it less than a week. The doctor I am working with suggested to use it only very minimally to avoid bleeding, but I’ve been using more in need of immediate relief. I haven’t gotten a chance to ask her about K2. Is the idea that k2 is enough to mitigate the risk of bleeding?

Kvothe

Probably all B.subtilis strains are very good producers of different menaquinones.

"Presently, the preparation methods of vitamin K2 typically use chemical synthesis and microbial fermentation, but natural K2 can only be obtained by microbial fermentation6. Bacillus subtilis has become the most important microorganism for vitamin K2 fermentation, due of its fast growth, easy cultivation, and high vitamin K2 content7. It is one of the ideal strains for industrial production of vitamin K2." Economical production of vitamin K 2 using crude glycerol from the by-product of biodiesel | Scientific Reports

"MK-7 is produced by fermentation with Bacillus species and can be obtained from food products such as cheese, meat and fermented soybean, but the concentration is very low. Natto is a traditional fermented soybean food in Japan; it contains comparatively high amounts of MK-7 (about 800-900 µg/100 g natto) compared with other foods (Sakano et al. 1988). Since the strains of B. subtilis used for manufacturing natto are edible, they are among the best sources of MK in the food industry" Enhanced Production of Vitamin K2 from Bacillus subtilis (natto)by Mutation and Optimization of the Fermentation Medium

Lollipop2

Probably all B.subtilis strains are very good producers of different menaquinones.

"Presently, the preparation methods of vitamin K2 typically use chemical synthesis and microbial fermentation, but natural K2 can only be obtained by microbial fermentation6. Bacillus subtilis has become the most important microorganism for vitamin K2 fermentation, due of its fast growth, easy cultivation, and high vitamin K2 content7. It is one of the ideal strains for industrial production of vitamin K2." Economical production of vitamin K 2 using crude glycerol from the by-product of biodiesel | Scientific Reports

"MK-7 is produced by fermentation with Bacillus species and can be obtained from food products such as cheese, meat and fermented soybean, but the concentration is very low. Natto is a traditional fermented soybean food in Japan; it contains comparatively high amounts of MK-7 (about 800-900 µg/100 g natto) compared with other foods (Sakano et al. 1988). Since the strains of B. subtilis used for manufacturing natto are edible, they are among the best sources of MK in the food industry" Enhanced Production of Vitamin K2 from Bacillus subtilis (natto)by Mutation and Optimization of the Fermentation Medium
Thank you for this. I am now better informed. Interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals