Vitamin K2 Dosage Recommendations Seem High

Maljam

About 9 months at that consistent dose. Before then I just used grassfed butter, assuming I was getting enough through that. But I was probably deficient. I also experimented with natto a couple times but it tasted like crap and has way too many bad fats in it. I tried Throne's product first, then I switched to Kuinone. I would give them both a thumbs up personally. Many K2 supplements on the market is filled with cheap crap.

Why would you assume that everyone joining the forum has health complications? I mean, I just joined to meet more like minded folk. I find your logic of reasoning here to be extremely backwards. People are less likely to leave if they're experiencing positive results, lol. The people that leave, more often then not, many of them probably gave up. Not because they corrected there issues. Or maybe life just got too busy for them and it had nothing to do with their health at all. You're being highly speculative and making bold assumptions.

Additionally, not everything mentioned here directly comes from the mouth of Ray Peat himself. For example, Ray has never given general guidelines to everyone for macro ratios. In fact Ray is constantly reminding people things are highly contextualized to different individuals. In a clip on YT he mentioned "most people" (which is just a ballpark estimate) will probably do fine with about 200-250 grams of carbohydrate. This is hardly a "extreme high sugar diet" you mention.

The main point to Ray's work in this regard is to suppress FAO, which can be induced by diet, but also (and perhaps more importantly) induced by stress hormones. You can eat a low-fat diet and still be in a high state of fatty acid oxidation by hormonal imbalances.

How much vitamin k do you think is in butter? Self nutrition says there is 15mcg per 227g. Nowhere near the supplement doses you talk about. Were you eating kilograms of butter a day? I also wouldnt personally call 9 months "a real long time."

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/0/2

If all the healthy people stay, where are they all? A quick browse of the forum shows either unhealthy people or people with a personal stake in being here I.e a business or blog, which is fine of course, but you should pay attention to how many healthy people are in a particular community.

Straw man argument. I never said Ray Peat pushed the extreme high sugar diet. I simply said the people that left the forum arent following the extreme high sugar diets, which I still believe to be true.

Ray has also absolutely presented a dietary template over the years.

Jessie

How much vitamin k do you think is in butter? Self nutrition says there is 15mcg per 227g. Nowhere near the supplement doses you talk about.

Exactly, which is why I was deficient in the nutrient. You're not following what I'm saying very well are you.

If all the healthy people stay, where are they all? A quick browse of the forum shows either unhealthy people or people with a personal stake in being here I.e a business or blog, which is fine of course, but you should pay attention to how many healthy people are in a particular community.

Unhealthy by what metric exactly? Does asking for advice on a particular subject make one unhealthy? Furthermore, what purpose do you have for being here, other than trolling of course? There's unhealthy people everywhere regardless where they belong on the nutritional sphere (paleo, keto, vegan, carnivore, standard diet, calorie counting, etc.). You clearly have no argument.

Ray has also absolutely presented a dietary template over the years.

Never said he didn't. But a template is not the same thing as macro ratio guidelines. If I tell you it's okay to eat X,Y, and Z but make no comment on how much of each you should eat I'm not very well giving you guidelines, just pointers. So again, you have no argument here, and appear to be doing little more than surface trolling.

rei

They list medicinal dosages. 1 drop daily should be plenty for maintenance. After some time i would probably take it every second day.

Maljam

Exactly, which is why I was deficient in the nutrient. You're not following what I'm saying very well are you.

Unhealthy by what metric exactly? Does asking for advice on a particular subject make one unhealthy? Furthermore, what purpose do you have for being here, other than trolling of course? There's unhealthy people everywhere regardless where they belong on the nutritional sphere (paleo, keto, vegan, carnivore, standard diet, calorie counting, etc.). You clearly have no argument.

Never said he didn't. But a template is not the same thing as macro ratio guidelines. If I tell you it's okay to eat X,Y, and Z but make no comment on how much of each you should eat I'm not very well giving you guidelines, just pointers. So again, you have no argument here, and appear to be doing little more than surface trolling.

I assume you have blood tests to prove you had a vitamin k deficiency?

That is true, unhealthy people are everywhere, but there are countless posts on here where people have become obese, or created health issues which they didnt have before such as fatty liver. There is almost almost 10,000 members on the forum and 129 posts in the testimonials subforum. I would like to present advice that has helped me fix the problems that I created by being on the "Peat diet" which I see so many threads about on the forum.

Macro ratio guidelines are just buzz words for a template lol. Peat has absolutely given macro guidelines in the past, not saying this is wrong by the way, but it's just a fact. He has said 200-250g carbs, 100-150g protein, 50-90g fat from saturated many times in different places.

GelatinGoblin

Tf is this thread! K2 MK-4 is plenty safe, and don't bother with MK-7, contamination makes it a non physiological form of MK-7 aka 'cis' and not 'trans'.
Better to get a NĀTTO starter and ferment some soybean.

"For the first time, the cis/trans isomer content of menaquinone-7 in food products has been identified and marked. A novel method of marking isomers of vitamin K2MK-7 in dietary supplements was developed and validated. Five different isomers of cis/trans vitamin K2MK-7 were identified. Identification of cis/trans isomers was performed by HRMS-QTOF, whereas their quantities were determined by using CAD and DAD detectors. In the majority of cases, the content of biologically active all trans vitamin K2MK-7 was below its declared content. The content of all trans K2MK-7 was in the range between 5.5 and 49 µg in pills. In one of the studied supplements, this vitamin was not found, regardless of the claim on the product label. The content of cis/trans isomers in certain dietary supplements exceeded the content of all trans K2MK-7 by up to 3.7 times."

And as for MK-4, I really don't see why you wouldn't dose 5-10mg (5-10 drops respectively) minimum.
Just be sure to use it after a high fat meal and without supplementing another Vitamin. Vitamin K is very fat demanding, the most fat demanding fat soluble Vitamin if I recall correctly.
And as for Vitamin D, just get plenty of sun with as much exposed as possible, important that your chest'd be exposed. Sun between 12-3 at that. If you live high north or for some reason you fear the sun you can supplement with it, 6000 UI should be fine. Just be sure it has no contamination. Also don't forget Liver for Vit. A or the ratio will be messed up.

serling78

Wow. I opened this thread simply looking for dosage recommendations for K2, not endless bickering. The search continues....

Ben.

I have the same supplement but i can't tell you what a healthy dosage would be. I guess 1-3 drops for general health should be enough. Maybe even only taking it 2-3 times a week. I think there is some fat with the Thorne supplement so it may not be as problematic being taken without a fatty meal. But why risk it, lets eat something with fat along with it.

I usually go with 10-15 drops as recommended. But im taking that dosage (which i agree seems very high) as it was supposed to help with tinnitus. I also use tauring with it. To my experience it realy is helping with tinnitus. The user Gl:tch.e who reported this didnt use more than that either. But his taurine dosage imo is kinda high. I am using Taurine from the Pure brand and that one was realy expensive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals