Vitamin K2 And Thyroid

TruthSeeker

Dear All,

I have been lurking for a while but never posted so far.
I wonder if you could shed a light on the connection between vitamin k2 supplementation and thyroid in case of autoimmune thyroid (male 43, subjective hyperthyroidism with TPO through the roof - being 3.648 - but T3 and T4 almost within the range).
Any time I supplement with K2 (Carlson) for more than a few days I get clear signs of increased thyroid (heat, mouth dryness from decreased salivary output in particular). Could it be from tanked estrogen? Might any additional calcium help?
I buy into RP view of autoimmune disease but hardly get any improvements.
Thanks for any suggestions you'll give.
Bye

BigChad

Dear All,

I have been lurking for a while but never posted so far.
I wonder if you could shed a light on the connection between vitamin k2 supplementation and thyroid in case of autoimmune thyroid (male 43, subjective hyperthyroidism with TPO through the roof - being 3.648 - but T3 and T4 almost within the range).
Any time I supplement with K2 (Carlson) for more than a few days I get clear signs of increased thyroid (heat, mouth dryness from decreased salivary output in particular). Could it be from tanked estrogen? Might any additional calcium help?
I buy into RP view of autoimmune disease but hardly get any improvements.
Thanks for any suggestions you'll give.
Bye

How much vitamin k?
Several people have noted increased hair loss and shedding from mk4.
Not sure what causes it. But it is concerning

japanesedude

I get same reaction from topically applied MK4(3mg) too.
Vitamin A and D does the same.

OP
T

TruthSeeker

I take only 5 mg.
Fot the first few days no problem but after 3 or 4 days I get that effect. Not completeley but quite sure it's the K2. I also take d3 (10.000) and sparingly a (5.000). Other supps that I regularly take are selenium, zinc and niacinamide.
I've juat started a trial with bromelain. The goal is to lower TPO autoantibodies.
Bye

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals