Vitamin K1 And Thrombosed Hemorrhoid

Frankdee20

This is an embarrassing question lol. Any correlation between developing a hemorrhoid that has not subsided for 3 weeks continuously (severe pain after BM) and vitamin K1 ? Assuming it’s thrombosed, could K 1 have contributed to forming a clot there ? I take 2 Aspirin a day to help with pain. I was using E and Aspirin occasionally when I was taking Life Extension Super K. So it’s not like I didn’t have anything to counter the K 1 then. I took the K to use with the D. I’ve had these things before, but never for 3 weeks straight, it’s unbearable every day.

ddjd

I used to take life extension super K I developed shingles, I'm sure it was connected.

I think too much k1 isn't a good thing at all. It can definitely raise stress levels.

I would stop the k complex, just use k2 mk4 which is very safe, and take lots of aspirin till the problem subsides

paymanz

What dosage?

I used up to 10 mg k1/d without any problem.

Also if you look at some primate animals diet they eating a diet very rich in k1 , so i dont think there is any concern.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

What dosage?

I used up to 10 mg k1/d without any problem.

Also if you look at some primate animals diet they eating a diet very rich in k1 , so i dont think there is any concern.

Yeah I mean it’s tough to say that’s what did it. I only used 1 capsule with my D, so that had like a gram of K1.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

So I’ll keep using Aspirin for the pain and hopefully the blood clots will dissolve but I doubt it

Mossy

So I’ll keep using Aspirin for the pain and hopefully the blood clots will dissolve but I doubt it

Hey, how did this turn out for you? tia.

I would be curious as well, to know if the hemorrhoid effect from K1 persisted. There is some discussion lately that Ray takes K1, not K2.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

It didn’t persist, perhaps all the magnesium I was taking inflamed the intestine and colon. Who knows, straining can flare it up occasionally.

miquelangeles

I am taking K1 and my experience is exactly the opposite.
On two occasions after taking amoxicillin/clavulanate I developed bleeding hemorrhoids that wouldn't go away for weeks.
Last time I tried Vitamin K1 and it resolved it completely within 2 days when everything else failed. Aspirin and E would always make them worse.
The gut flora contributes to more than 50% of the vitamin K requirements, and deficiency happens very often after a course of antibiotics.

Mossy

It didn’t persist, perhaps all the magnesium I was taking inflamed the intestine and colon. Who knows, straining can flare it up occasionally.
Thanks for the follow up.
On two occasions after taking amoxicillin/clavulanate I developed bleeding hemorrhoids that wouldn't go away for weeks.
Last time I tried Vitamin K1 and it resolved it completely within 2 days when everything else failed. Aspirin and E would always make them worse.
The gut flora contributes to more than 50% of the vitamin K requirements, and deficiency happens very often after a course of antibiotics.
Interesting. Do you have any experience with K2 with regard to this type of reaction?

aniciete

Only k1 helped, not k2?

miquelangeles

Only k1 helped, not k2?
Yes, only K1.
But at that time I might have had only K2 MK7 available, and I don't believe it's safe in high doses.
MK7 supplements are never 100% pure, they always contain some small amounts of MK5, MK6, MK8.....MK13.