Vitamin K=Pale Stool. Calcium=Brown Stool. What´s That About?

Max23

I generally have green stool. When I take Vitamin K on consecutive days the stool goes orange or white. When I take calcium carbonate 1g, the stool goes to brown and feels very normal. Antibiotics (cefadroxil, ciprofloxacin) have made the stool brown also. Any ideas what the mechanism could be?

SOMO

Green would indicate bile in the feces or high green vegetable consumption.

I would be concerned if my feces were green.

I believe feces will somewhat match the color of the food, for example when I eat mangoes my poop is somewhat yellow-orange.

White feces generally indicates fat malabsorption.

lvysaur

I have noticed that on vitamin K, my cravings for fat go waaaay down.

So perhaps your body is not digesting the fat?

OP
Max23

Max23

Green would indicate bile in the feces or high green vegetable consumption.

I would be concerned if my feces were green.

I believe feces will somewhat match the color of the food, for example when I eat mangoes my poop is somewhat yellow-orange.

White feces generally indicates fat malabsorption.

Thanks for your reply! My health is very bad right now, a lot of concerns. I wonder how to know for sure weather there is a fat malabsorption problem? The stool is also floaty and has air bubbles in it. When the bubbles fly out, the feces sink. This, I read, indicates a bacterial problem, that produces gas. I´m pretty sure I have low stomach acid also. Iron is low every time I measure it and bilirubin elevated.

OP
Max23

Max23

I have noticed that on vitamin K, my cravings for fat go waaaay down.

So perhaps your body is not digesting the fat?

I didn´t notice any effects on cravings with vitamin K. With a fat rich food I often get a sensation like blood pressure in my head has risen, some nausea also. One of my theories was that bile is needed to bind vitamin K. Vitamin K uses that bile and nothing is left for the fecal color. That logic doesn´t sound right?

SOMO

Thanks for your reply! My health is very bad right now, a lot of concerns. I wonder how to know for sure weather there is a fat malabsorption problem? The stool is also floaty and has air bubbles in it. When the bubbles fly out, the feces sink. This, I read, indicates a bacterial problem, that produces gas. I´m pretty sure I have low stomach acid also. Iron is low every time I measure it and bilirubin elevated.

White stool can imply fat malabsorption.
Floating stool can imply fat malabsorption.
White AND floating stool is probably fat malabsorption.

Green poop can indicate bile in the feces and bile is supposed to aid fat digestion.

It seems you MAY have an issue with your gallbladder/fat absorption.

I would try a bit of ACV and salt with your meals.

I would also try a Lipase and Ox Bile supplement.

Those are the first things I would try and if that doesn’t resolve the issue, I would DEFINITELY go to a gastroenterologist.

OP
Max23

Max23

Diet?Foodchoices? Protein intake?

I have dairy and gluten allergy. So I don´t eat those. I get protein from mostly meat. Around 100-160g per day. I eat a lot of potatoes, like every day. In the morning I usually eat rice, millet or oat bran porridge. Lunch is mostly potatoes, meat, coffee, sweets. For dinner I eat meat, fruit, potatoes and rice, mostly. Sometimes I eat also fish, like 2-3 times per week. I don´t eat a lot of greens. With this diet the only thing I definively don´t get enough is calcium. I eat like 3000kcal a day. The situation is rather hypermetabolic. If I had more money and health I would eat more diversely. Now I don´t like my meals a lot of the times. I hate my breakfast. That is certain.

I have dairy and gluten allergy. So I don´t eat those. I get protein from mostly meat. Around 100-160g per day. I eat a lot of potatoes, like every day. In the morning I usually eat rice, millet or oat bran porridge. Lunch is mostly potatoes, meat, coffee, sweets. For dinner I eat meat, fruit, potatoes and rice, mostly. Sometimes I eat also fish, like 2-3 times per week. I don´t eat a lot of greens. With this diet the only thing I definively don´t get enough is calcium. I eat like 3000kcal a day. The situation is rather hypermetabolic. If I had more money and health I would eat more diversely. Now I don´t like my meals a lot of the times. I hate my breakfast. That is certain.

Cook meat beforehand and substitute the porridge and any grains with eggs.that could be the solution already.No Grains,no one can accept grains,just tolerance is possible in some.

Lewistx

I'm sick too I eat and have a explosive bowel movement 1 hour it's oily. hpylori was detected I'm on day 2 of antiboitics from gastro. Doc flagyl. And clarirhromycin no improvement what so ever but I have to take them for 2 weeks

OP
Max23

Max23

White stool can imply fat malabsorption.
Floating stool can imply fat malabsorption.
White AND floating stool is probably fat malabsorption.

Green poop can indicate bile in the feces and bile is supposed to aid fat digestion.

It seems you MAY have an issue with your gallbladder/fat absorption.

I would try a bit of ACV and salt with your meals.

I would also try a Lipase and Ox Bile supplement.

Those are the first things I would try and if that doesn’t resolve the issue, I would DEFINITELY go to a gastroenterologist.

I have a bottle of unopened ACV in my cupboard. This I will definitely try. I use Betaine HCL with Pepsin frequently. Think I have developed a craving for it. Sometimes it changes the stool to brown, sometimes not really.
Lipase and Ox Bile I´ll put on my list of stuff to try. I just have so many supplements right now. I don´t know if I´ll ever be able to eat them all. I just started trying serrapeptase and methylfolate.
I have appointments to a urologist and dermatologist and my recovery from surgery of septoplasty isn´t going well so I need to go to an ENT as well. I have reflux and blood after buttwiping pluss prostatitis. Those call for an gastroenterologist for sure. I just hate communicating with my family practitioner. She is arrogant and mean.

OP
Max23

Max23

Cook meat beforehand and substitute the porridge and any grains with eggs.that could be the solution already.No Grains,no one can accept grains,just tolerance is possible in some.

I always cook my meat. Tried the egg solution already. They seem to have a benefitial effect for my muscles. I have a muscle disease as well. Eggs create an allergic effect for me, which seems to be cumulative. Eggs, dairy and gluten all contain complex proteins. So I always thought I have trouble digesting protein, fat never entered my mind.

OP
Max23

Max23

I'm sick too I eat and have a explosive bowel movement 1 hour it's oily. hpylori was detected I'm on day 2 of antiboitics from gastro. Doc flagyl. And clarirhromycin no improvement what so ever but I have to take them for 2 weeks

I had hpylori tested. Don´t have it. Antibiotics don´t have a positive effect for me either. Exept stool brownification. Trying to score a very peatian doxycycline from an urologist.

schultz

The real question is, why do babies have stools that smell like freshly baked bread and/or parmesan cheese (cheese bread maybe)? :???:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Regarding H. pylori: it can come from an infected tooth or a root canal treated tooth! My wife had a root canal treatment and also was on therapy for an ulcer & H. pylori, there I became suspicious and searched on the Internet. Read:

Abstract
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) has long been found to cause gastric diseases such as gastritis, gastric ulcers and gastric cancer. The transmission medium of this bacterium has yet to be determined, though several studies have speculated that the oral cavity is a reservoir for H. pylori. Others have also reported that the oral cavity may be a source of both transmission and gastric reinfection; however, such results are controversial. We reviewed the literature and selected studies that report an association among H. pylori detections in the oral cavity (dental plaque, saliva, tongue, tonsil tissue, root canals, oral mucosa) in humans and in animals, as well as in the human stomach. The oral cavity may be considered the main reservoir for H. pylori. There are a correlations between H. pylori infection in the oral cavity and periodontal disease, oral tissue inflammation, H. pylori transmission, and gastric reinfection. We believe that the mouth is a reservoir and that it plays a crucial role in both H. pylori transmission and gastric infection.

Helicobacter pylori and its reservoirs: A correlation with the gastric infection

Regards,

Stephan

baccheion

The real question is, why do babies have stools that smell like freshly baked bread and/or parmesan cheese (cheese bread maybe)? :???:
Same thing would happen if you fasted, were magnesium/chlorophyll sufficient, and consumed nothing other than breast milk.

D

danishispsychic

Here are my thoughts. I have Celiac and anything that triggers it will mess with my gallbladder. Oats are the devil for me. I can have dairy but not oats or any gluten. I pretty much fixed my bile/ liver/ gallbladder by eating one meal and day and one snack at night, adding TONS of coffee with milk and sugar and a big ol COKE a day. The coke sort of dissolves stuff in the gut . Not sure if you are totally committed to your diet but how about cutting down on the food part and adding in more coffee, milk, OJ? I am not a fan of ACV at all. Some people love it. Coffee enemas are a sure fire way to get your bile going.

OP
Max23

Max23

Here are my thoughts. I have Celiac and anything that triggers it will mess with my gallbladder. Oats are the devil for me. I can have dairy but not oats or any gluten. I pretty much fixed my bile/ liver/ gallbladder by eating one meal and day and one snack at night, adding TONS of coffee with milk and sugar and a big ol COKE a day. The coke sort of dissolves stuff in the gut . Not sure if you are totally committed to your diet but how about cutting down on the food part and adding in more coffee, milk, OJ? I am not a fan of ACV at all. Some people love it. Coffee enemas are a sure fire way to get your bile going.

Eating relieves pain for me. In that sense three times a day is good. Now that the autumn is here I try to monitor my liquid intake because it makes me more cold and I pee it out even in greater amounts than consumed, so I could get dehydrated. Freshly pressed OJ I love, but it is expensive. The store OJ is very acidic and breaks my tongue, so I try not to drink it. Coke is great, but I usually drink fruit juices.

Yesterday I tried ACV the first time and I liked it. Will be trying more of it. Coffee enemas increase my torticollis. Though have great mood benefits.

OP
Max23

Max23

I was thinking that if I have fat malabsorption why not try two teaspoons of coconut oil and see what happens. I got a strong nausea and was barely able not to throw up. Felt sick for the whole evening and also had a strong headache. This isn´t supposed to happen? Right? I have previously had similar results with butter. I could redo the experiment, but I think the same thing will happen. The next day I have disgust for fat.

This could really lead to or be the lead cause of my disease. Wish I had thought of it sooner. I´m just stupid. Right now I´m thinking how to research it further? How can a problem with fat malabsorption cause a muscular, neurological disease?

OP
Max23

Max23

Tested vitamin D (3000IU) for a week. At first I got very positive results like better muscle function, better posture, increased heartbeat, heat, sweating, spinal crackling. Now the effects have diminished and I get torticollis like with vitamin K. Also my feces have gone pale. My theory is that the bile can´t get out, bilirubin enters the blood and somehow it causes the torticollis. Kernicterus is a disease that has this effects. Also coffee enemas and methyl B12 definitlely cause this temporary problem. They both have a connection with bile. Gluten causes vicious spasmodic torticollis. Does that block the flow of bile? It can´t be, I would go yellow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals