Vitamin K MK4 Restless Legs

Jing

I have been taking MK4 for 3 days now first two days I took 1mg today 2mg, first day and second day I felt the annoying tickly feeling In my legs and arms but wasn't too bad, today with 2mg the feeling is worse, I've had restless legs feeling before but not for a long time so I'm sure it's the MK4 that has caused this, why would MK4 cause this?

meatbag

I have been taking MK4 for 3 days now first two days I took 1mg today 2mg, first day and second day I felt the annoying tickly feeling In my legs and arms but wasn't too bad, today with 2mg the feeling is worse, I've had restless legs feeling before but not for a long time so I'm sure it's the MK4 that has caused this, why would MK4 cause this?

Are you using orally or topically? What brand?

OP
J

Jing

Phoenix nutrition .. orally .. I tried some magnesium and it seemed to go away .. wonder if k2 uses up magnesium?

baccheion

I experience stimulation (after an initial sleepiness) from vitamin K2 MK-4 when I take it without vitamin D. Restless legs is associated with lower dopamine.

Vitamin K could be increasing serotonin, lowering calcium, exerting antibacterial action, and many other things that could trigger a negative response.

docall18

I get increased serotonin from K2. It causes stomach sensitivity, insomnia, anxiety etc.

Im guessing the K2 should be minimised for people with sensitive or leaky gut or IBD.

K2 like caffeine, can increase bile production, so maybe this is irritating the gut.

meatbag

Phoenix nutrition .. orally .. I tried some magnesium and it seemed to go away .. wonder if k2 uses up magnesium?

It might be worth while to check some of the latest interviews with Peat, he seems to be pretty concerned about a lot of the additives and processing aids used in manufacturing and packaging supplements. I know he has stated that when trying a new supplement he applies a small amount topically to gauge its effects

Igorevich

How is your experience so far? Do you still take MK-4?

lampofred

I would guess that's because of excipients and not the K because I think K is strongly pro dopamine

Igorevich

I have pretty terrible episodes of akathisia in the past. So I really do not want to trigger something like this.

Gustav3Y

I've also experienced chest pains/stabs from K2 MK4 almost every time I have tried it.
Topically from the preferred forum source.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals