Vitamin K Dosage For Smooth Teeth

What dosage have you guys found gives you the long lasting smooth teeth feeling?

Particularly interested if anyone has achieved it using topically or swished around the mouth. Cheers!

baccheion

In my case, it happened at even 1 mg K2 MK-4. It was from a D + K supplement with 5,000 IU D3, 1 mg K1, 1 mg K2 MK-4, and 100 mcg K2 MK-7.

Trambak

2 drops of Idealabs Kuinone, swished about the gums with my tongue each night, seems to do the trick for me. (Each drop is 1,5 mg I think.)

Aladdin

I have taken various brands and forms of Vitamin K but never noticed smooth teeth. Then, deciding to try high potency patented products for the best price/mcg, I tried 300mcg MenaQ7 (Now foods MK7) but did not feel smooth teeth either. Recently, I tried Healthy Origins 100mcg MK7 and my teeth became very smooth quite rapidly. I wasn't taking these supplements for the teeth effect, but for cardiovascular health. But the slipperiness of my teeth was so noticeable it was hard to ignore. The Health Origins is made by a well known Italian company (Gnosis) and comes in sealed gelatin pills. The Now product is a powder in a capsule and the MenaQ7 is also made by a reputable Scandinavian company and backed by research. So this led me to the conclusion that depending on the encapsulation method by the American manufacturer, the product might be degraded by the time it is in your hands. My understanding is MK7 is unstable and HO's gelatin encapsulation may be why it's more effective at a much lower dosage. If I'm not mistaken it also passed Consumerlab's testing. I don't know what the implications of smooth teeth are, but if it is a surrogate marker for calcification of tissues, then many people taking K2 supplements may be wasting money on poorly packaged products, hoping K2 is helping to regress their coronary calcification when it is doing little benefit. What this also tells me is it is one thing to see pure products performing well in research labs under carefully controlled conditions. The results may not duplicate in real life unless you can get your hands on the same pure undegraded product.

I have taken various brands and forms of Vitamin K but never noticed smooth teeth. Then, deciding to try high potency patented products for the best price/mcg, I tried 300mcg MenaQ7 (Now foods MK7) but did not feel smooth teeth either. Recently, I tried Healthy Origins 100mcg MK7 and my teeth became very smooth quite rapidly. I wasn't taking these supplements for the teeth effect, but for cardiovascular health. But the slipperiness of my teeth was so noticeable it was hard to ignore. The Health Origins is made by a well known Italian company (Gnosis) and comes in sealed gelatin pills. The Now product is a powder in a capsule and the MenaQ7 is also made by a reputable Scandinavian company and backed by research. So this led me to the conclusion that depending on the encapsulation method by the American manufacturer, the product might be degraded by the time it is in your hands. My understanding is MK7 is unstable and HO's gelatin encapsulation may be why it's more effective at a much lower dosage. If I'm not mistaken it also passed Consumerlab's testing. I don't know what the implications of smooth teeth are, but if it is a surrogate marker for calcification of tissues, then many people taking K2 supplements may be wasting money on poorly packaged products, hoping K2 is helping to regress their coronary calcification when it is doing little benefit. What this also tells me is it is one thing to see pure products performing well in research labs under carefully controlled conditions. The results may not duplicate in real life unless you can get your hands on the same pure undegraded product.
How many capsules of the Healthy Origins are you taking each day?

Aladdin

How many capsules of the Healthy Origins are you taking each day?
I was taking 2 softgels but later reduced it to 1 and the effect was the same. I am not 100% sure it is the vitamin K that's responsible as I've also started taking Codeage collagen powder. However, I don't think the latter has this effect on teeth, but it does seem to have made my nails slippery.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals