Vitamin K, D and A bind to the SARS‐CoV‐2 spike protein

Mauritio

This study shows that Vitamin K, D, and A very effectively bind to a certain part of the SARS‐CoV‐2 spike protein (fatty acid binding site) .
Through this mechanism it inhibits viral entry, because it blocks binding to the endogenous ACE2 enzyme.
At least this is how I'm reading it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Interestingly vitamin K2 was the most effective out of all the substances they screened! Vitamin D and K were also up there.

"Vitamin K2 is the highest ranked compound overall; vitamin A acetate is ranked 17th; vitamin D (calcitriol) 24th; vitamin A 38th and vitamin K1 70th."

"Furthermore, the implication that, by binding to the spike FA site, fat‐soluble vitamins may stabilize the locked form of the spike and inhibit viral entry suggests that these compounds could also play a more direct role in protecting host cells from viral infection. "

I'll include a list of the 100 most effective substances they found.
Most of the molecules I've never heard of (maybe @haidut knows some of them) ,but a quick google search shows the third most effective is an analog of vitamin D2 and lowers PTH . Squalene is also mentioned.
(Doxercalciferol - Wikipedia)

Screenshot_20211121-214409_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20211121-214426_Drive.jpg

(Molecular Simulations suggest Vitamins, Retinoids and Steroids as Ligands of the Free Fatty Acid Pocket of the SARS‐CoV‐2 Spike Protein)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Some interesting mentions : Testosterone enantathe ,Glycocholic acid, (conjugate of cholic acid with glycine) and some anti-depressants . So maybe that's another reason why some of them have been shown to help with covid . @Gustav3Y

YourUniverse

And we know vitamin E helps with covid19. So, its the fat solubles we need - liver, cheese, butter, eggs, sunlight, even OJ, mushrooms and carrots - a Peat inspired lifestyle. Who'd have thunk?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

And we know vitamin E helps with covid19. So, its the fat solubles we need - liver, cheese, butter, eggs, sunlight, even OJ, mushrooms and carrots - a Peat inspired lifestyle. Who'd have thunk?
I was surprised that they didn't list any tocopherol ,but maybe they didn't test for it.

Gustav3Y

Some interesting mentions : Testosterone enantathe ,Glycocholic acid, (conjugate of cholic acid with glycine) and some anti-depressants . So maybe that's another reason why some of them have been shown to help with covid . @Gustav3Y
I see.
It seems hydroxyprogestrone caproate is also on the list, given to females to preserve pregnancy.

BearWithMe

Mindblowing how Peat knew this all the time.

I'm surprised FDA has not banned vitamin D yet. Europeans already did that. Vitamin K is next I guess.

Awesome find, thanks for sharing @Mauritio !

TomS

I'm surprised FDA has not banned vitamin D yet. Europeans already did that. Vitamin K is next I guess.

@BearWithMe
What do you mean Europeans already did that.
I buy 14.000 IU 120 capsules Vitamin D3 free from any internet based apotheke in Germany.
Its price is 8 Euro, iHerb sells 5.000 IU 240 capsules at higher price.
Vitamin K2 Komplex with 1000 mcg MK4 and 250 mcg MK7 100 capsules wholesale price is under 15 Euro with the manufacturer directly.

BearWithMe

@BearWithMe
What do you mean Europeans already did that.
I buy 14.000 IU 120 capsules Vitamin D3 free from any internet based apotheke in Germany.
Its price is 8 Euro, iHerb sells 5.000 IU 240 capsules at higher price.
Vitamin K2 Komplex with 1000 mcg MK4 and 250 mcg MK7 100 capsules wholesale price is under 15 Euro with the manufacturer directly.
Yeah Germany is the only exception to this.

Vitamin D tablets with more than 2000 IU are considered a drug and needs doctor prescription in vast majority of Europe.

In Germany it is also coming to an end, btw

LLight

A single high dose of vitamin D requires a doctor prescription but this is not the case for all vitamin D supplements in France.

BearWithMe

A single high dose of vitamin D requires a doctor prescription but this is not the case for all vitamin D supplements in France.
Exactly. The definition of "high dose" is set so ridiculously low it bans all meaningful vitamin D supplements.

TomS

Thank you for the info, I use this product. It was my luck that I found it in Germany, as German Customs Cleareance would seized 5 or 10.000 IU D3 arriving from Iherb.
By the way, last year I bought it in 3.000 IU form from bodyfit.de

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

You're welcome! very important study imo , especially the vitamin K thing . We're all exposed to spike proteins in some way ...
I'm planning on sending Ray this study, to ask what he thinks of it.

BearWithMe

You're welcome! very important study imo , especially the vitamin K thing . We're all exposed to spike proteins in some way ...
I'm planning on sending Ray this study, to ask what he thinks of it.
I'd be super curious about his response. Please, let us know!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I'd be super curious about his response. Please, let us know!
I will. But dont get your hopes up. Sometimes he just doesnt reply or isn't really interested . But I'll post it here anyways.

Drareg

Great find.
Would be interesting to know the dose needed for k2.

johnwester130

This study shows that Vitamin K, D, and A very effectively bind to a certain part of the SARS‐CoV‐2 spike protein (fatty acid binding site) .
Through this mechanism it inhibits viral entry, because it blocks binding to the endogenous ACE2 enzyme.
At least this is how I'm reading it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Interestingly vitamin K2 was the most effective out of all the substances they screened! Vitamin D and K were also up there.

"Vitamin K2 is the highest ranked compound overall; vitamin A acetate is ranked 17th; vitamin D (calcitriol) 24th; vitamin A 38th and vitamin K1 70th."

"Furthermore, the implication that, by binding to the spike FA site, fat‐soluble vitamins may stabilize the locked form of the spike and inhibit viral entry suggests that these compounds could also play a more direct role in protecting host cells from viral infection. "

I'll include a list of the 100 most effective substances they found.
Most of the molecules I've never heard of (maybe @haidut knows some of them) ,but a quick google search shows the third most effective is an analog of vitamin D2 and lowers PTH . Squalene is also mentioned.
(Doxercalciferol - Wikipedia)

View attachment 30491View attachment 30490

(Molecular Simulations suggest Vitamins, Retinoids and Steroids as Ligands of the Free Fatty Acid Pocket of the SARS‐CoV‐2 Spike Protein)

how do I remove vaccine prions from someone?

LeeLemonoil

Interesting that Ursolic Acid is high up the list, a very intriguing compound with steroidal skeleton

Makes you wonder also how unsaturated compounds / ffa interact.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interesting that Ursolic Acid is high up the list, a very intriguing compound with steroidal skeleton

Makes you wonder also how unsaturated compounds / ffa interact.
The study mentioned linoleic acid beeing effective as well.