Vitamin K, D and A bind to the SARS‐CoV‐2 spike protein

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"Early in acute COVID-19, both vitamin K and vitamin D deficiency were independently associated with worse COVID-19 disease severity, suggesting a potential synergistic interplay between these 2 vitamins in COVID-19."

YourUniverse

"Early in acute COVID-19, both vitamin K and vitamin D deficiency were independently associated with worse COVID-19 disease severity, suggesting a potential synergistic interplay between these 2 vitamins in COVID-19."

With A, promote androgens

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Ursolic Acid ranks well on this list:

Ursolic acid is present in many plants, such as Mirabilis jalapa,as well as in many fruits and herbs used in daily life (e.g. apples, basil and holy basil, bilberries, cranberries, elder flower, peppermint, rosemary, lavender, oregano, thyme, hawthorn, and prunes). Apple peels contain large quantities of ursolic acid and related compounds.

In vitro, ursolic acid inhibits the proliferation of various cancer cell types by inhibiting the STAT3 activation pathway, and may also decrease proliferation of cancer cells and induce apoptosis. Ursolic acid has also been shown to inhibit JNK expression and IL-2 activation of JURKAT leukemic T Cells leading to the reduction in proliferation and T cell activation. Ursolic acid is a weak aromatase inhibitor (IC50 = 32 μM), and has been shown to increase the amount of muscle and brown fat and decrease white fat obesity and associated conditions when added to diets fed to mice. Under physiological concentrations, ursolic acid also induces eryptosis (the apoptosis-like suicidal cell death in defective red blood cells). It has been found to reduce muscle atrophy and to stimulate muscular growth in mice, also shows a potential cardioprotection.

In mice, ursolic acid induces neural regeneration after sciatic nerve injury. In mice with chronic multiple sclerosis, ursolic acid has reduced further damage to neurons and helped rebuild the protective sheaths covering neurons, apparently by suppressing Th17 immune cells and activating precursor cells that mature into myelin-sheath-making cells, called oligodendrocytes. Ursolic acid improves domoic acid-induced cognitive deficits in mice. Ursolic acid improves high fat diet-induced cognitive impairments by blocking endoplasmic reticulum stress and IκB kinase β/nuclear factor-κB-mediated inflammatory pathways in mice. Ursolic acid attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced cognitive deficits in mouse brain through suppressing p38/NF-κB mediated inflammatory pathways. Ursolic acid ameliorates cognition deficits and attenuates oxidative damage in the brain of senescent mice induced by D-galactose. Ursolic acid enhances mouse liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy. Ursolic acid enhances the cellular immune system and pancreatic beta-cell function in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice fed a high-fat diet. UA increased skeletal muscle mass, as well as grip strength and exercise capacity. Improved endurance, reduced the expression of the genes involved in the development of muscle atrophy, and decreased indicators of accumulated fatigue and exercise-induced stress.
Has anybody actually tried ursolic acid?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Dr. B

Vitamin K deficiency migth cause thrombosis and other complication in corona (and I suspect also other viruses).

"Severe extrahepatic vitamin K insufficiency was recently demonstrated in Covid-19 patients, with high inactive MGP levels correlating with elastic fibre degradation rates."
- Vitamin K metabolism as the potential missing link between lung damage and thromboembolism in Coronavirus disease 2019 - PubMed

Do you need to supplement it? Or is full fat grass fed milk enough. K2 causes hair shedding/loss, so i dont know if it can be supplemented safely. Maybe 500mcg a day would be tolerable.

golder

Do you need to supplement it? Or is full fat grass fed milk enough. K2 causes hair shedding/loss, so i dont know if it can be supplemented safely. Maybe 500mcg a day would be tolerable.
Vitamin K causes hair loss? First time I've read this....via what mechanism do we know?

Dr. B

Vitamin K causes hair loss? First time I've read this....via what mechanism do we know?
A few people on the forum have reported that. It seems to be specifically the K2 MK4 version, which is also whats found in animal fats like beef fat, dairy and pork fat, maybe eggs. Mk7 is in fermented foods and some say may have anti 5alpja reductase effects and so reduce hair loss.

The animal foods with K2 clearly dont cause hair loss but at the same time their dosage is lower. Even 64grams of fat from a half gallon grass fed milk, only contains like 180mcg K2. I think the RDA for K in any form is 120mcg or 100mcg maybe? So its more than the rda but supplements of K2 always seem to have at least 1000mcg+.

golder

A few people on the forum have reported that. It seems to be specifically the K2 MK4 version, which is also whats found in animal fats like beef fat, dairy and pork fat, maybe eggs. Mk7 is in fermented foods and some say may have anti 5alpja reductase effects and so reduce hair loss.

The animal foods with K2 clearly dont cause hair loss but at the same time their dosage is lower. Even 64grams of fat from a half gallon grass fed milk, only contains like 180mcg K2. I think the RDA for K in any form is 120mcg or 100mcg maybe? So its more than the rda but supplements of K2 always seem to have at least 1000mcg+.
Cheers, just can’t quite work out what MK4 would do to accelerate hair loss? It’s antiestrogenic and antifibrotic? Do we have any idea why people are losing hair on it?

Birdie

I've not heard of this either. I do seem to recall that Peat said something about a safe ratio of vitamin D to vitamin A. Offhand I don't recall what the ratio was or if he gave a reason for the ratio other than it was for safety.