Vitamin E

J

j.

Took my first pill of Unique E today. Am I supposed to notice/feel anything?

OP
J

j.

Vinero said:
What are you expecting? It's just a vitamin

One of the things I noticed was progesterone like sedation at high doses, but the sedation wasn't as intense as with progesterone. Feeling calm overall is common after frequent intake.

Another thing was increased salt requirement.

Also, supplementation of vitamin E became uncomfortable after a while if I didn't supplement any vitamin K.

OP
J

j.

In case anyone is thinking about topical application, I found that it can be absorbed without any oil, such as olive oil. Maybe it absorbs less, but it's also less of a mess.

If the topical application gives one mild bad effects, and one applies the product several hours before bed time, it might be less disruptive for good sleep.

OP
J

j.

The two vitamin E products I bought to take orally, Unique E and Swanson Maximum Gamma, I take topically, taking them orally produces bad reactions. Swanson was fine for a while until hot weather made the caramel coloring from the capsule mix with the product.

The one product I'm not supposed to take orally, LotionCrafter, I put on an empty capsule and seem to process it better. Luckily Haidut alerted us that LotionCrafter Vitamin E existed.

OP
J

j.

I only have old vitamin E now, and I'm going to see if I can do a simple trick to not react badly to it. I think the caramel color from Swanson is bad for me, it's used to be ok when I could take just the liquid, but after some weeks of hot weather I think the coloring mixed with the vitamin.

Anyway, I'm just going to see if the carrot before the vitamin reduces endotoxin enough so that better liver function temporarily allows me to tolerate the caramel coloring better.

OP
J

j.

I think vitamin E is greatly underestimated. I'd put it close to reduction of dietary PUFA as one of the most important things one can do, when it comes to short term to medium term well being.

jyb

j. said:
The one product I'm not supposed to take orally, LotionCrafter, I put on an empty capsule and seem to process it better. Luckily Haidut alerted us that LotionCrafter Vitamin E existed.

How do you take it exactly - package it in an empty gelatin capsule?

OP
J

j.

jyb said:
j. said:

How do you take it exactly - package it in an empty gelatin capsule?

Yeah, but then I read that oxygen damages most tocopherols, so I'm guessing its quality goes down after a while, because I would open the container to fill an empty capsule every day. I ran out of it anyway, as I bought the small version.

It probably was a useless waste of time to put it in an empty capsule, instead of just getting over the thickness in the mouth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals