Vitamin E Tooth Ache. K Depletion?

Lejeboca

The sensitivity was on the left upper part of my mouth affecting my gums and teeth. I’ve been taking pretty large doses of progest e for several years off and on and never experienced something like this. I did have a very bad month of eating, but am happy to report the sensitivity is gone today. I drank a lot of harmless harvest coconut water yesterday, had mushroom broth with coconut oil (16oz bottle states it contains 10% the dv of magnesium), took topical k2 and aspirin and when I brushed my teeth this morning, I had no pain or sensitivity.
The estrogen/endotoxin/stress hormones cascade explanation appears to be very true.

Thanks for the note on your regimen to no sensitivity. I will make sure that I don't forget mushrooms, since they are anti-estrogenic. In fact, before my tooth ache I was slacking on eating mushrooms, being fed up with them by then :):.

LUH 3417

Thanks for the note on your regimen to no sensitivity. I will make sure that I don't forget mushrooms, since they are anti-estrogenic. In fact, before my tooth ache I was slacking on eating mushrooms, being fed up with them by then :):.
I get tired of them too. I like the broth, it’s a good small meal when I’m not very hungry but feel queasy. I sauté the mushrooms in coconut oil, then add bone broth and let them boil for a while. I top it off with a handful cilantro and sometimes lime or green curry paste. I think spices bother some people and can cause an increase in endotoxin and have been discussed on the forum.

Lejeboca

I get tired of them too. I like the broth, it’s a good small meal when I’m not very hungry but feel queasy. I sauté the mushrooms in coconut oil, then add bone broth and let them boil for a while. I top it off with a handful cilantro and sometimes lime or green curry paste. I think spices bother some people and can cause an increase in endotoxin and have been discussed on the forum.

I will try out such a broth. Thanks for the recipe!

OP
maillol

maillol

I now think this toothache was caused by too much magnesium not vitamin E.

Magnesium competes with calcium which I wasn't consuming much of and I was supplementing magnesium. As I understand it when calcium levels in the blood are too low, the parathyroid glands release extra PTH, which leeches calcium from the bones (and presumably the teeth) and stimulates calcium reabsorption in the kidney.

OP
maillol

maillol

A PTH test result might be interesting.

It would. I imagine it fluctuates a lot throughout the day like cortisol. I wish there were simple at home finger prick monitors for lots of things like there are for blood glucose.

japanesedude

I have been taking few miligrams K2 for yrs and I had no sensitive teeth and no teeth ache since
took 400IU alpha tocopherol for just few days and teeth pain magically came back.

Mauritio

Try taking calcium before what ever makes your teeth sensitive, that is what worked for me.

No more tooth sensitivity from Vitamin D,K and magnesium. The timing really seems to be important here. Taking calcium after it or at the same time did not work.

japanesedude

Try taking calcium before what ever makes your teeth sensitive, that is what worked for me.

No more tooth sensitivity from Vitamin D,K and magnesium. The timing really seems to be important here. Taking calcium after it or at the same time did not work.
thx for the tip!

Mossy

Do you find that this has to be a calcium supplement or is food-based (milk, cheese, etc.) as effective?

Mauritio

Do you find that this has to be a calcium supplement or is food-based (milk, cheese, etc.) as effective?
A calcium supplement seems more effective.

Mossy

A calcium supplement seems more effective.
That was my thought, but was curious if you had experienced otherwise Thank you.