Vitamin E (tocopherol) Is A Potent Aromatase Inhibitor

jyb

Jib said:
FWIW, my dad has nummular eczema. I finally convinced him to let me rub some of the Lotion Crafter 95% vitamin E oil and some coconut oil on an inflamed part of his leg near his ankle.

Wouldn't olive oil make absorption more effective?

Ben

Jib said:
FWIW, my dad has nummular eczema. I finally convinced him to let me rub some of the Lotion Crafter 95% vitamin E oil and some coconut oil on an inflamed part of his leg near his ankle.

It's been a few days since I applied it and he said it hasn't bothered him or itched at all since. If I can convince him to make a regular habit out of this it seems like it might have some potentially promising results.

I've made the magnesium bicarbonate. You just funnel in 3 tablespoons of milk of magnesia into a liter bottle of seltzer (slowly, so it doesn't overflow), replace the cap, shake it up, refrigerate it, wait 30 minutes, shake it again, back in the fridge, and once it becomes crystal clear again it's ready to go.

I've had loose bowel movements every time I've used it. Even in small amounts, like a tablespoon or half a tablespoon mixed into a cup of coffee. That is really not a lot of magnesium considering that only 3 tablespoons of magnesium hydroxide are diluted in an entire liter.

I don't know anyone else that's had that problem and I also can't tolerate even small amounts of magnesium glycinate. I just stick to epsom salt baths. But if someone can tolerate it I do think the magnesium bicarbonate water can probably be a very huge help.
Magnesium causes diarrhea, and calcium causes constipation. This is because magnesium inhibits the cells of the intestine, while calcium excites them. These cellular effects cause differences in the speed that food goes through the intestines. Try taking magneisum with plenty of calcium at the same time, such as in eggshell powder form. You can form calcium citrate, which is better absorbed than the calcium carbonate in eggshells, by letting the eggshells sit in lemon juice. Be sure that you have a safe source of eggs for this because eggshells are sometimes contaminated with heavy metals. It would be best if you dissolved the calcium citrate in water because it would get more spread out that way and effect more cells.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ben said:
Jib said:

It's been a few days since I applied it and he said it hasn't bothered him or itched at all since. If I can convince him to make a regular habit out of this it seems like it might have some potentially promising results.

I've made the magnesium bicarbonate. You just funnel in 3 tablespoons of milk of magnesia into a liter bottle of seltzer (slowly, so it doesn't overflow), replace the cap, shake it up, refrigerate it, wait 30 minutes, shake it again, back in the fridge, and once it becomes crystal clear again it's ready to go.

I've had loose bowel movements every time I've used it. Even in small amounts, like a tablespoon or half a tablespoon mixed into a cup of coffee. That is really not a lot of magnesium considering that only 3 tablespoons of magnesium hydroxide are diluted in an entire liter.

I don't know anyone else that's had that problem and I also can't tolerate even small amounts of magnesium glycinate. I just stick to epsom salt baths. But if someone can tolerate it I do think the magnesium bicarbonate water can probably be a very huge help.
Magnesium causes diarrhea, and calcium causes constipation. This is because magnesium inhibits the cells of the intestine, while calcium excites them. These cellular effects cause differences in the speed that food goes through the intestines. Try taking magneisum with plenty of calcium at the same time, such as in eggshell powder form. You can form calcium citrate, which is better absorbed than the calcium carbonate in eggshells, by letting the eggshells sit in lemon juice. Be sure that you have a safe source of eggs for this because eggshells are sometimes contaminated with heavy metals. It would be best if you dissolved the calcium citrate in water because it would get more spread out that way and effect more cells.

I forget where I read this but I think Ray recommends against the citrate salts of metals. Probably b/c citric acid can activate dormant tumors as per Ray's own words. Maybe a better route would be to create calcium bicarbonate in liquid form just like the magnesium bicarbonate and mix the two in proportion 2:1 (or 3:1) in favor of calcium and drink it that way.
Just my 2c.

honeybee

I use Shea butter organic 100% on my mild eczema. It doesn't completely get rid of it but it sure seems that way if I use it once every day. It comes back after I stop using it. So not a cure but helps.

Ben

Since Unique-E turns out to have some vegetable oil, what is the best way to consume the remainder of my bottle, orally, through the skin, or not at all?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would take it with a big tablespoon of coconut oil (orally)/ The saturated fat should limit some of the bad effects of the soy oil. Also, vitamin E itself saturates unsaturated fats as per Peat writings so the damage should be minimal.
I reacted badly to it, but I had stomach issues at the time so for me it probably anything that had unsaturated oils in it would have had the same effect.

north

Haidut, what do you think about Thorne Ultimate E.
1000mg/capsule.
It seems like a good option to me (but im no expert).
1000mg per capsule seems pretty high concentration, and they specify that its not diluted with soy oil. Most certainly some PUFA in there but maybe the 1000mg vs the capsule weight would make it a high ratio of Vit-E compared to PUFA even tho some pufa oil is in there. And i think most other veg-oil would be better than soy-oil at least.

According to thorne:
"Thorne's Ultimate-E contains pure, undiluted vitamin E. The vitamin E is extracted from a mixture of vegetable oils, including soy oil. However, any potentially allergenic soy residues are removed during the distillation process and, unlike most vitamin E products on the market, Ultimate-E is not diluted with soy oil."

"Ingredients

One Gelcap Contains:
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 1,000 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 500 IU.

Typical profile of Ultimate-E:
d-Alpha Tocopherol (500 IU minimum) 335 mg.
Beta tocopherol* 9-11 mg.
Gamma tocopherol* 400-450 mg.
Delta tocopherol* 115-150 mg.
* Beta, Gamma, and Delta tocopherols do not have recognized IU equivalents. Beta, Gamma, and Delta tocopherols vary slightly with this natural product which is weight-adjusted to achieve 500 IU d-alpha tocopherol.
Other Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil, Gelatin (from tilapia), Purified Water and Glycerin (vegetable source) gelcap. "

Ben

Earlier in this thread, color of good vs. bad vitamin E was discussed. You could also ask the manufacturer if there is ANY oil added.

Spokey

Ben, your red nose might not respond to vitamin E because the nature of the redness might not be rosacea. I say this because for many years I had redness around my nose and intermittently, dermatitis. Usually these things would improve when I was sick, because I'd stop drinking coffee at those times finding it unpalatable. At first I thought maybe coffee was causing it directly, but it was not so simple. It turned out coffee seemed to increase my need for vitamin B6, and anything that increased this requirement brought on redness and flakey skin. Things like increasing the metabolic rate or stress. So now I take B6 (in a complex) and the problem has gone, despite still being a human coffee pot.

Kray

Spokey said:
Ben, your red nose might not respond to vitamin E because the nature of the redness might not be rosacea. I say this because for many years I had redness around my nose and intermittently, dermatitis. Usually these things would improve when I was sick, because I'd stop drinking coffee at those times finding it unpalatable. At first I thought maybe coffee was causing it directly, but it was not so simple. It turned out coffee seemed to increase my need for vitamin B6, and anything that increased this requirement brought on redness and flakey skin. Things like increasing the metabolic rate or stress. So now I take B6 (in a complex) and the problem has gone, despite still being a human coffee pot.

This is so interesting! I have suffered with much redness, dry skin, and dermatitis in some areas, nonstop for some months now. B6 is always mentioned as the one B that may be problematic on a Peat diet. I thought that having my liver once a week might be enough, but you bring up a very good point-- that the increased metabolism (a good thing!) requires increased nutrients. And like you, I love my coffee! How many cups a day? Whether caffeine or decaf, does either require extra B6, and how much B6 have you found to help the skin issue? What other foods have you found that can be added to the diet other than liver for adequate B6?

What B-complex do you use? I just started this one- http://www.prlabs.com/shop/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=88

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Thanks for feedback.

Kray

Spokey,

Did you ever see my post to you above? If you could give me an update, I would be very grateful! :)

Ben

I was using dermal vitamin E from lotioncrafter for about 2 months, but neither my stretch marks or rosacea improved so far. Hopefully they will.

BingDing

Bump, and a question for haidut.

In the study they fed the rats for 6 weeks before they examined the tumors. I'm always cautious about megadosing, even something as safe as vitamin E. Do you have any thoughts about how long this should be kept up, or if it can be done intermittently? A loading dose followed by maintenance doses?

Thanks for any help.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BingDing said:

In the study they fed the rats for 6 weeks before they examined the tumors. I'm always cautious about megadosing, even something as safe as vitamin E. Do you have any thoughts about how long this should be kept up, or if it can be done intermittently? A loading dose followed by maintenance doses?

Thanks for any help.

Vitamin E seems to have relatively long plasma half-life (48h+). In addition, it ti stored in the liver. So taking it 2-3 times a week maybe safer and achieve similar results. I also would not want to continue doing this for too long. As you know Peat says once the PUFA is lowered enough, there is probably no need to supplement with vitamin E.

burtlancast

Just for the people wanting to reduce scarring, DMSO is known to dissolve collagen scars.

And Vit E is known to improve circulation, notably for people suffering from diffuse atherosclerosis, by promoting development of collateral circulation.

I believe for older people, whose tissues are saturated with PUFAS, taking 800 UI per day is mandatory for preventing strokes and heart attacks.
If Vit C is taken at the same time ( with some selenium) the trio will potentiate their effects and protect neurons against excitoxicity.

Inverse correlation between plasma vitamin E and mortality from ischemic heart disease in cross-cultural epidemiology.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1985406
By itself, low Vit E levels are more than twice as predictive of a heart attack than either high blood pressure or high cholesterol

Ddixon3

Haidut, how often did you use Vitamin E and Olive Oil topically when you were fixing your varicose vein. You said you fixed it in a month was this using that topical solution ever day?

Also, do you have to balance w/ vitamin k intake as well? I have a vein I would like to try and get rid of.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BingDing said:

Thanks for any help.

Vitamin E is known to deplete vitamin K in some people. So, if anybody is taking this large of a dose of vitamin E, I would periodically do a blood test for vitamin K. Vitamin E also increases the requirements for sodium, so that should be checked periodically too. Finally, vitamin E lowers cortisol and it may be a good idea to get a cortisol test couple of times a year to see how things are going.
However, with all this being said, keep in mind that the Shute brothers fed their patients 5,000mg-6,000mg vitamin E for years without observing serious adverse effects. Here is also a study saying that 2,000 IU per day for about 2 years is probably safe for most people.
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/5/793.full

"...The experience from 2 large clinical trials involving the oral intake of 2000 IU vitamin E/d suggests that vitamin E is relatively safe at this dosage for periods <2 y. However, the safety and efficacy of supplemental vitamin E over periods of many years in the prevention of neurologic diseases has not been adequately explored."