vitamin e to balance eggs pufa.

Brandin

I used to eat 20 raw eggs a day wich gave me good bodybuilding results. I think it might have been cause of how much cholesterol I was getting. I have since then cut eggs out cause of the pufa content (saw myself eating less eggs daily till the day I stopped completely).
I am wanting to bulk up abit soon and would like to incorporate eggs again.

My question is to what degree Vitamin E can balance the pufa intake. just as an example, how much Vitamin E would I have to consume to balance the 14 grams of pufa in the eggs?? Is it even possible?

I appreciate any input :).

lampofred

I think good quality eggs are low in PUFA. Vital Farms is a good brand in my experience but it's going to be expensive if you are going to eat 20 a day.

What about GOMAD for bodybuilding?

i think one or two eggs a day are safe. Vitamin E and some saturated fat help. But I wouldn't go beyond that number of eggs consumed per day.

B

Braveheart

Nonsense. I calculated 10 yolks weighted about 200 grams and that's total of 8g of PUFA. The amount of cholesterol and nutrients outweight the damage and combined with vitamin E it's even safer..
:thumbsup:

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I think good quality eggs are low in PUFA. Vital Farms is a good brand in my experience but it's going to be expensive if you are going to eat 20 a day.

What about GOMAD for bodybuilding?
i pretty much do that already. Some days i drink 4.5 liter lol.

Maljam

Yeah thats what I got aswell...

For what it's worth, I wouldn't supplement vitamin E for the PUFA in eggs. There are theories that the PUFA contained in animal products aren't as harmful as the ones contained in vegetable oils. I haven't noticed any negatives from eating things like bacon a bit more for example and have only noticed benefits from reintroducing eggs into my diet.

Having said that I don't think eggs should be overdone, like you used to say you ate 20 in the past. 6 would be about the absolute limit for me personally and my appetite for that many wouldn't be daily. I tend to eat 1-4 a day.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

For what it's worth, I wouldn't supplement vitamin E for the PUFA in eggs. There are theories that the PUFA contained in animal products aren't as harmful as the ones contained in vegetable oils. I haven't noticed any negatives from eating things like bacon a bit more for example and have only noticed benefits from reintroducing eggs into my diet.

Having said that I don't think eggs should be overdone, like you used to say you ate 20 in the past. 6 would be about the absolute limit for me personally and my appetite for that many wouldn't be daily. I tend to eat 1-4 a day.
Yeah I do feel good on eggs. I think 6-8 per day could be the sweetspot. I have high metabolism so 8 isnt that much for me. Thanks for your input, you have been a great help eversince I started posting on this forum.