Vitamin E Supplement

nostalgic

From what I've read online, it's best to get all 6(?) different components of Vitamin E. I've found a supplement that contains 400 IU, which is more than 20 times the daily recommended intake. If I take it once a month, will that work? Seeing as it's a fat soluble vitamin so it should be stored, right?

edit: haidut mentioned in a thread that tocopherols are the ones to get, and that we should ignore the others. I found this product: Solgar, Vitamin E, 400 IU, 100 Softgels

The small amount of safflower oil should be negligible, right?

Last edited:

michael94

I use a product that is tocopheryl , I know thats not tocopherol... It is for topical use only but I ingest it. It is called Jason vitamin e oil they have it at whole foods but cheaper on amazon and some other online retailers if you dont mind having it shipped. Anyway I like it because its highly concentrated with respect to the carrier if one gets the 45000 iu version.

JĀSÖN vitamin e skin oil 45000

michael94

If you want tocopherols another choice in addition to what haidut offers is the lotioncrafter 95%mixed tocopherols. About $13 plus shipping via their website. They have other options but I only ever tyr that version granted it was a few years ago. Highly concentrated vitamin e

But yea "synthetic" doesnt scare me although I understand if one wants to avoid that.

Lotioncrafter 95% mixed tocopherols

ddjd

btw seeking health takes flexible spending cards if your insurance offers that. I used to order from them a lot is why I know. I hope they havent changed that
Do you think it's a good product? @nostalgic what do you think of seeking health vitamin E?

OP
N

nostalgic

Do you think it's a good product? @nostalgic what do you think of seeking health vitamin E?
I don't live in the states so some brands are practically impossible to purchase. Basically, what's not on iherb is not an option.

Do you know if it's fine to take a pill once a month or do I have to take it more often?

Birdie

From what I've read online, it's best to get all 6(?) different components of Vitamin E. I've found a supplement that contains 400 IU, which is more than 20 times the daily recommended intake. If I take it once a month, will that work? Seeing as it's a fat soluble vitamin so it should be stored, right?

edit: haidut mentioned in a thread that tocopherols are the ones to get, and that we should ignore the others. I found this product: Solgar, Vitamin E, 400 IU, 100 Softgels

The small amount of safflower oil should be negligible, right?
Ray said recently that he'd advise only 50mg of supplemental vitamin E daily. Quality not what it was.
I think I found that in the Ray Peat question and answer forum. Or it could have been in an interview.
Yes, it will be stored. I take about one 500 IU a week.