Vitamin E Requirements May Be Higher Than Ray Recommends

forterpride

So is there anymore information on whether vitamin E is making our k2 useless? lol. I take 400iu a day of unique and 4 mg a day of k2. I'd hate to think im just wasting my money!

BobbyDukes

So is there anymore information on whether vitamin E is making our k2 useless? lol. I take 400iu a day of unique and 4 mg a day of k2. I'd hate to think im just wasting my money!

Just use Estroban as a 'benchmark' (if you trust what Haidut states from his research). His product is based on studies (that he's come across) showing that those dosages don't negatively affect the absorption of each other. From what I can recall, vitamin E (in ample amounts) will screw with K2 levels, and can contribute to health issues related to this, further down the line. But you can take big amounts of K2, and it won't affect E status. I think?

SarahBeara

I think someone posted a study before indicating that E depletes K but K does not deplete E.

Amazoniac

Amount of fat in the diet affects bioavailability of lutein esters but not of youknowwho-carotene, b-carotene, and vitamin E in humans

"Little information is available on the influence of dietary fat on vitamin E absorption in humans and results from animal studies are conflicting. Dimitrov et al (15) concluded from a small study in humans that dietary fat enhances the absorption of vitamin E. However, in some studies in rats, the amount of dietary fat present did not influence the apparent absorption of vitamin E (16, 17). In contrast, vitamin E absorption, measured as lymphatic appearance of radiolabeled vitamin E in rats, was increased with higher intakes of saturated fat (18). Most previous research on the effect of dietary fat on the bioavailability of carotenoids in humans focused on b-carotene (19–23). The results of these studies indicated that the presence of fat was essential for the intestinal uptake of b-carotene. However, in some studies, the influence of dietary fat was compared with the effect in the complete absence of fat at the time of b-carotene ingestion (20, 21). Although this situation may be applicable to the very-low-fat diets of some populations in developing countries, it is not representative of a Western diet. For comparison purposes, an average hot meal in the Netherlands contains as much as 40 g fat (24). The present study was designed to investigate the effect of the amount of dietary fat on the plasma response to supplementation with vitamin E or carotenoids. We used 2 amounts of dietary fat [3 g and 35 g] that are achievable in a Western diet."

"Dietary fat is generally believed to be necessary for the intestinal uptake of vitamin E (12, 14). A previous crossover study with only 6 human volunteers showed a larger increase in plasma dio-tocopherol concentrations when 5 d supplementation with vitamin E was followed 6–8 h later by a high fat intake (≥45 g fat) than when followed by a low fat intake (~6 g fat) (15). However, that study was rather small and could have been flawed by the fact that the vitamin E dose with the high-fat intake was higher than that with the low-fat intake (15). We conclude from the present result that only a small amount of fat (~3 g) is sufficient to ensure the uptake of vitamin E."

"Analysis of the composition of the meals showed a slightly smaller amount of vitamin E and carotenoids in the high-fat meals than in the low-fat meals. This may have been due to the larger amount of unsaturated fatty acids in the high-fat spreads. It is likely that the supplemented antioxidants were used to prevent oxidation of these polyunsaturated fatty acids. The possibility that this also reduced the bioavailability of the antioxidants from the high-fat spreads cannot be excluded (17, 18). In addition, dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids, but not saturated fatty acids, had been shown to increase intestinal 15,15'-dioxygenase activity in rats, suggesting a higher conversion of provitamin A carotenoids to retinol (30). Although it was impossible to quantify these effects in the present study, they may explain the slightly lower plasma response after kine- and b-carotene supplementation with the high-fat spread than with the low-fat spread."

Frankdee20

Just consume more K1,K2 than E, and take it on alternate days.

Kyle Bigman

I am not eating strictly peat but I am trying to avoid PUFA as much as possible. what should my daily/weekly IU intake of vitamin e be?

Sefton10

I seriously f****d up my gut with high oral doses of Vit-E. Watery stool, diarrhea started after several days of Lotioncrafter and changing to Unique-E finally brought me to my knees. I had to take off some days from work to recover and I seriously considered hospitalization because of dehydration and other bad symptoms. Ironically each Vit-E dose relieved my inflammatory symptoms to great degree but the backlash was getting worse every time. One week of cypro finally calmed everything down. Even if its uneconomical I'm going the transdermal route only from now on. Never underestimate the gut irritation from Vit-E's viscosity and/or additives in your supplement.

Regarding Tinnitus I had a strange experience with taking cypro: At the second day I got severe migraine, nausea and ringing in the ears that lasted for a day. Then suddenly my tongue, which normally has white coating that got very thick after my Vit-E adventure completely cleared up, like I've only seen with use of antibiotics before. Since then I sometimes feel like being on the verge of a flu which is unusual because I have not been sick for more than five years. I can only speculate that taking cypro somehow activated my immune system that caused sudden endotoxemia causing migraine and tinnitus. Taking large doses of Vit-K now somehow intensifies the "flu-like" state. I don't know what to make of it all but at least I'm happy that my tongue stayed clear so far ...
Not sure if you're still around on the forum, did you ever resolve the tinnitus/migraine symptoms?

K

Kayaker

How can Peat seriously recommend taking vitamin E orally? That's like the most horrendous thing someone can do. Putting it on skin is bad enough because it's sticky, but consuming it is way worse. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. It gives your oral and intestinal tissue a strange coating. Getting it in your eye is also a nightmare and Peat said so himself.

dukesbobby777

How can Peat seriously recommend taking vitamin E orally? That's like the most horrendous thing someone can do. Putting it on skin is bad enough because it's sticky, but consuming it is way worse. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. It gives your oral and intestinal tissue a strange coating. Getting it in your eye is also a nightmare and Peat said so himself.

Thanks for your experience. I’ve taken it orally for many years (various forms) with no issues.

Michael Mohn

I like a lot of vitamin e products taste wise. Mitolipin, tocovit and other brands taste good.

Xemnoraq

So for example if something like blueberries has 0.9g of pufa for every 600g of blueberries and 3.mg of vitamin E for evert 600g of it then it should be good? i've always wondered about seeded fruits that tend to be higher on the pufa side, they usually seem to have a fair amount of vitamin E though

peter88

E3180DCF-D863-49E1-A8D1-6F2FD1D1F2A2.jpeg

Got my results back, any thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals