Vitamin E raises testosterone in rodents and humans

haidut

Forum Supporter
The dosage for humans was not high at all - 483mg alpha tocopherol. The dosage for rodents was a bit higher - converted into human dosage it would be about 1,200mg - 1,500mg per day.
Vitamin E raised testosterone in rodents by about 60% in plasma and 53% in tissue (testis), and in humans it raises total testosterone by 30% and free testosterone by about 27%.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/en ... 3_287/_pdf

"...It is known that the administration of vitamin E activates spermatogenesis (Ichihara, 1967). It has also been demonstrated by electronmicroscopy that vitamin E activates the development of smooth surfaced ER in Leydig cells, suggesting the enhancement of steroidogenesis (Umeda, 1978). In the present study, we observed a significant elevation of testosterone levels in both the rat testicular tissue and plasma after long-term vitamin E administration. In addition, it was also revealed that in human subjects testosterone production was activated by vitamin E administration. Thus, vitamin E may play an important role in the biosynthesis of pituitary gonadotropins and testicular testosterone."

schultz

Haidut, I'm curious as to how much you take per day?

Also, do you think the same benefits could be achieved with less of a dose, especially in conjunction with the type of diet most people on this forum follow? I'm specifically thinking of low iron and low poly-unsaturated fat.

jaa

Hello haidut,

Any plans on releasing a vitamin e supplement?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
schultz said:
Haidut, I'm curious as to how much you take per day?

Also, do you think the same benefits could be achieved with less of a dose, especially in conjunction with the type of diet most people on this forum follow? I'm specifically thinking of low iron and low poly-unsaturated fat.

If I feel like I have high estrogen or prolactin I may take 1,500mg daily for a few days. I don't usually take vitamin E daily. Also, 483mg is not very high dosage since it's about 731 IU, which is one capsule of the AC Grace product (which I do not like myself).
There is a study showing 300mg vitamin E lowered prolactin by 60% in humans so a lower dosage seems to be working as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
Hello haidut,

There is no point (for me) releasing only vitamin E supplement as there are tons of suppliers out there offering high purity products. I am getting ready to release a vitamin A supplement since Nutrisorb was discontinued and a lot of people seem to like having vitamin A separate. I already ordered the supplies so should have that ready in about 2 weeks.

jaa

Cool. I seems like a lot of people have issues with a number of Vit E products. Which one(s) do you use?

aguilaroja

haidut said:
...Vitamin E raised testosterone in rodents by about 60% in plasma and 53% in tissue (testis), and in humans it raises total testosterone by 30% and free testosterone by about 27%.

These animal studies are suggestive in a similar direction. The second compared vitamin-K-free feeding with non-depleted feeding:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21632572
Toxicol Ind Health. 2012 Mar;28(2):152-61. doi: 10.1177/0748233711408381.
Effects of vitamin E on reproductive hormones and testis structure in chronic dioxin-treated mice.
Yin HP1, Xu JP, Zhou XQ, Wang Y.

"...vitamin E at 20 and 100 mg/kg reversed the decrease of testosterone and spermatozoa number; and vitamin E at 100 mg/kg decreased the damage of the testis structure caused by TCDD. The results indicate that vitamin E antagonizes the reproductive endocrine toxicity and alleviates the changes in testicular structure caused by TCDD."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21894328
Food Funct. 2011 Jul;2(7):406-11. doi: 10.1039/c1fo10058k.
Dietary vitamin K alleviates the reduction in testosterone production induced by lipopolysaccharide administration in rat testis.
Takumi N1, Shirakawa H, Ohsaki Y, Ito A, Watanabe T, Giriwono PE, Sato T, Komai M.

"dietary vitamin K affects testicular vitamin K levels and ameliorates the (lipopolysaccharide) LPS-induced reduction in testicular testosterone synthesis. Testicular vitamin K might facilitate the inhibition of inflammation signal transduction and maintain steady levels of testosterone."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
aguilaroja said:
haidut said:
...Vitamin E raised testosterone in rodents by about 60% in plasma and 53% in tissue (testis), and in humans it raises total testosterone by 30% and free testosterone by about 27%.

These animal studies are suggestive in a similar direction. The second compared vitamin-K-free feeding with non-depleted feeding:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21632572
Toxicol Ind Health. 2012 Mar;28(2):152-61. doi: 10.1177/0748233711408381.
Effects of vitamin E on reproductive hormones and testis structure in chronic dioxin-treated mice.
Yin HP1, Xu JP, Zhou XQ, Wang Y.

"...vitamin E at 20 and 100 mg/kg reversed the decrease of testosterone and spermatozoa number; and vitamin E at 100 mg/kg decreased the damage of the testis structure caused by TCDD. The results indicate that vitamin E antagonizes the reproductive endocrine toxicity and alleviates the changes in testicular structure caused by TCDD."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21894328
Food Funct. 2011 Jul;2(7):406-11. doi: 10.1039/c1fo10058k.
Dietary vitamin K alleviates the reduction in testosterone production induced by lipopolysaccharide administration in rat testis.
Takumi N1, Shirakawa H, Ohsaki Y, Ito A, Watanabe T, Giriwono PE, Sato T, Komai M.

"dietary vitamin K affects testicular vitamin K levels and ameliorates the (lipopolysaccharide) LPS-induced reduction in testicular testosterone synthesis. Testicular vitamin K might facilitate the inhibition of inflammation signal transduction and maintain steady levels of testosterone."

Thanks, good info. And to add to the list of studies, here is one showing vitamin D increased testosterone in humans as well. One year duration with 3,332 IU per day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195

jaguar43

There is no point (for me) releasing only vitamin E supplement as there are tons of suppliers out there offering high purity products. I am getting ready to release a vitamin A supplement since Nutrisorb was discontinued and a lot of people seem to like having vitamin A separate. I already ordered the supplies so should have that ready in about 2 weeks.

Will it be micellized like Nutrisorb A ? Really excited about this product ! thanks again.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jag2594 said:

Will it be micellized like Nutrisorb A ? Really excited about this product ! thanks again.

Yes, the plan so far is for the product to be micellized.

narouz

Why is this micellization a wondrous thing?
I'm eager to believe that it is!

I don't know about that, I was just glad the product is coming :mrgreen:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
narouz said:

I think there are some studies that show better topical absorption from micellized vitamins. I personally also don't believe it's that much better, but if that's what people want and my raw materials supplier can provide it then no harm in trying. If people report bad results I can always switch to regular vitamin A.

haidut said:
narouz said:

I think there are some studies that show better topical absorption from micellized vitamins. I personally also don't believe it's that much better, but if that's what people want and my raw materials supplier can provide it then no harm in trying. If people report bad results I can always switch to regular vitamin A.

I'm no expert, but doesn't the process require lecithins of some sort? Also are additives required to keep the micelle size constant?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
haidut said:
narouz said:

I'm no expert, but doesn't the process require lecithins of some sort? Also are additives required to keep the micelle size constant?

I am not sure, but the CoA from the supplier lists >99.2% purity and the only excipient listed is glycine. It explicitly says no emulsifier like lecithin.

haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:
haidut said:
narouz said:

I am not sure, but the CoA from the supplier lists >99.2% purity and the only excipient listed is glycine. It explicitly says no emulsifier like lecithin.

Oh that's great!

haidut said:
jaa said:
Hello haidut,

One sole supplier that seems to be enjoying its monopoly status is Thorne's Vitamin K2.

There's definitely a market for bringing a high quality K2 supplement at a more affordable price.

I don't know if it's so easy to beat Thorne's price per drop...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals