Vitamin E overuse?

Bluemachine

has anyone had negative symptoms from taking too much E? What were they & did you find anything that relieved them?

I have a feeling I might have been overdoing the E a little. The only things that come to mind to combat this would be k2 supplementation & lay off the E.

redsun

has anyone had negative symptoms from taking too much E? What were they & did you find anything that relieved them?

I have a feeling I might have been overdoing the E a little. The only things that come to mind to combat this would be k2 supplementation & lay off the E.
No take vitamin A to counteract vitamin E. And for starters you should not take much vitamin E to begin with. 200IU or less daily. The daily value is 15mg, or 22 IU. I have found vitamin E is effective for reducing inflammation but in excess it seems to increase adrenal output a lot (which is probably part of the mechanism it reduces inflammation, since adrenal hormones counteract inflammatory hormones). This is probably how people get lower libido from too much vitamin E as well.

AndrogenicJB

No take vitamin A to counteract vitamin E. And for starters you should not take much vitamin E to begin with. 200IU or less daily. The daily value is 15mg, or 22 IU. I have found vitamin E is effective for reducing inflammation but in excess it seems to increase adrenal output a lot (which is probably part of the mechanism it reduces inflammation, since adrenal hormones counteract inflammatory hormones). This is probably how people get lower libido from too much vitamin E as well.
Which fat solubles antagonise e and in what dosages, should e be taken on its own

redsun

Which fat solubles antagonise e and in what dosages, should e be taken on its own
Vitamin A as I said. There is no known dosage but when you overdo E, stopping it and possibly taking some vitamin A should help counteract it.. You can avoid this problem by getting normal amounts of vitamin E from food sources.

AndrogenicJB

Vitamin A as I said. There is no known dosage but when you overdo E, stopping it and possibly taking some vitamin A should help counteract it.. You can avoid this problem by getting normal amounts of vitamin E from food sources.
If i take vitamin a in the morning, its best to take e at night?

Belsazar

More bleeding

Hermes

Yeah, it thins the blood, and chelates iron. Anemia might result supplementing too much vitamin E.

Mito

in what dosages, should e be taken on its own
1618058998815.png

Austin Resch

This short book written by Dr Barrie Tan discusses the nuances of vitamin E dosing, variables that may produce an increased requirement for vitE, as well as different vitE forms (seen in the images below) and how they have different potencies & thus dosing.

Attachments

• Vitamin E - Dr Barrie Tan.pdf
    9.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.21.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.21.33 PM.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.22.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.22.03 PM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 27

jtoro

Libido problems with vitamin e.

Anyone know how long it takes for vitamin e to no longer affect estrogen

monrouge150

Libido problems with vitamin e.

Anyone know how long it takes for vitamin e to no longer affect estrogen
Have you tried gamma-tocopherol?
I have been abusing vitamin E (alpha) and D.
My libido as well as my mood has decreased considerably.
5 days ago, I ate pecan nuts (which are rich in gamma-tocopherol).
I felt a direct increase in my mood and libido, which lasted 3 hours.

I ordered gamma tocopherol as well as tocotrienols (alpha tocopherol depletes them) and I will report the results on Monday.

The vitamin e (alpha) reduces stress and in some people this can lead to a decrease in libido as well as depression.
Cortisol and estrogen can be pro-dopamine

LA

Good idea.
When I take too much E I have to take Vit K and cut the E dose. Vit E can do the same thing to me that too much aspirin tends to do, which is make my nose bleed or 'sometimes' - - - I spit out blood after I scrap my tongue when doing my evening ‘brushing the teeth ritual’ (grin)
I love Vit E for my circulation and comfort. Although we ‘all’ need to pay attention to our *personal* reaction to any supplement and adjust as needed.
Try things and be your own guinea pig.

You might do searches here if you have not already done it:
[0] raypeatforum.com/community/search

- - it is good to read what others have posted previously in case their experiences can help you. Also search for Drs. Wilfrid Shute and Evan Shute

MrGilbert

I tried the standard soy derived variety (all that was available) and it had a potent feminizing/libido killing effect.

LA

I tried the standard soy derived variety (all that was available) and it had a potent feminizing/libido killing effect.
try something different next time and if the one you have is in gelatin caps then you can squeeze out the Vit E and put it on the back of your hands during cold weather. I never use hand lotion any more due to all the chemicals. Also if you have any scars apply it to them. Also I only use d-Alpha Tocopherol as I had nothing but trouble with all the others. (your mileage may vary)

Last edited:

yerrag

I used a vitamin E with higher gamma E in it. I also added policosanol and cyclodextrins and mixed them together.

I took 2400mg (consisting of 2000mg gamma) for 2 weeks

It was so effective in lysing plaque, as based on the lowering RDW. My BP slightly dipped.

But on the third week my BP jumped, and my urine became acidic. A CBC showed that my wbc and neutrophils jumped. This showed increased bacteria release from plaque and increased antibacterial neutrophils activity by the immune system.

I stopped my vitamin E intake for a while.

This tells me that high usage of. vitamin E will lyse plaque quickly, but the rate of release. of bacteria, and possibly toxins and LPS, will cause the immune system to kill bacteria and eat up toxins, and this will produce oxidative stress. Albumin will be used as. an antioxidant and this will cause blood volume to go lower, and this will increase BP. The acidic urine is acid being excreted from the acid generated in killing bacteria during phagocytosis.

To continue taking vitamin E, I may need to lower dosage while adding some antibacterial agents, either natural or pharmaceutical, to lessen the load on my immune system and to keep my BP under better control.

Note: I think that people with no internal bacterial infection in their blood vessels would be less likely to experience higher BP from taking effective Vitamin E mixtures that effectively lyse plaque.

Shute notes that a third of his patients don't experience higher BP, a third has BP stay the same, and another third experienced much higher BP.

LA

I used a vitamin E with higher gamma E in it. I also added policosanol and cyclodextrins and mixed them together.

I took 2400mg (consisting of 2000mg gamma) for 2 weeks

It was so effective in lysing plaque, as based on the lowering RDW. My BP slightly dipped.

But on the third week my BP jumped, and my urine became acidic. A CBC showed that my wbc and neutrophils jumped. This showed increased bacteria release from plaque and increased antibacterial neutrophils activity by the immune system.

I stopped my vitamin E intake for a while.

This tells me that high usage of. vitamin E will lyse plaque quickly, but the rate of release. of bacteria, and possibly toxins and LPS, will cause the immune system to kill bacteria and eat up toxins, and this will produce oxidative stress. Albumin will be used as. an antioxidant and this will cause blood volume to go lower, and this will increase BP. The acidic urine is acid being excreted from the acid generated in killing bacteria during phagocytosis.

To continue taking vitamin E, I may need to lower dosage while adding some antibacterial agents, either natural or pharmaceutical, to lessen the load on my immune system and to keep my BP under better control.

Note: I think that people with no internal bacterial infection in their blood vessels would be less likely to experience higher BP from taking effective Vitamin E mixtures that effectively lyse plaque.

Shute notes that a third of his patients don't experience higher BP, a third has BP stay the same, and another third experienced much higher BP.
Thanks for sharing your information!
Perhaps taking large amounts of ascorbic acid daily (usually 4,000 to 6,000 and sometimes up to 10,000) is why I tolerate 400IU VitE in the morning and 250IU in the evening. *I am not recommending this approach*
We are all different so we all need to be our own guinea pigs and keep notes of what food and supplements we are using and how our personal experiments are working out for us.Things change and sometimes what I was doing 2 years ago (or whenever) often no longer work for me. So then I try something different.