Vitamin E - Muscle Loss

stackz07

Does anyone else experience significant thinning while taking vitamin e? It seems to make me rail thin almost every time. I've experimented a few times now and it's consistent.

Maljam

How long does this effect take? More likely to be water weight or something along those lines if it's a short period.

Dobbler

Maybe its water. I dont know how it could cause muscle loss. Unless 1 one capsule has like 5 grams of PUFA which is imposible

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does anyone else experience significant thinning while taking vitamin e? It seems to make me rail thin almost every time. I've experimented a few times now and it's consistent.
It's most likely water loss due to lowering estrogen and inflammation. Are you actually taking tape measures of your arms, shoulders, chest, waist, etc?

David90

Vitamin E is strongly Anti-Estrogenic. It inhibits Aromatase without inhibiting Testosterone. So it could and should be mostly Water Loss that you are Experiencing. Like @Hans said, tape measuring Arms, Shoulders and so forth is a good way to make sure, it is only Water Loss.

But it's the Same for me. I use Vitamin E Capsules (it has all 8 Forms of Vitamin E in it)´twice per Week (Every Thursday 150IU, and every Saturday 300IU).
I Notice Significant Water Loss the Day after (especially face and abs are leaner than usual after using it)....

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
In my experience I lost a lot of facial water wejght
Vitamin E is strongly Anti-Estrogenic. It inhibits Aromatase without inhibiting Testosterone. So it could and should be mostly Water Loss that you are Experiencing. Like @Hans said, tape measuring Arms, Shoulders and so forth is a good way to make sure, it is only Water Loss.

But it's the Same for me. I use Vitamin E Capsules (it has all 8 Forms of Vitamin E in it)´twice per Week (Every Thursday 150IU, and every Saturday 300IU).
I Notice Significant Water Loss the Day after (especially face and abs are leaner than usual after using it)....

May I ask for link to supplement?

haidut

Forum Supporter

As @Hans and @David90 mentioned - vitamin E has diuretic effects. It increases sodium excretion just like progesterone does, which suggests vitamin E either has direct effects as aldosterone antagonist or maybe leads to increase in progesterone/estrogen ratio (due to its AI effects) and this leads to the diuretic effects. Either way, aldosterone antagonists are known to have such anti-edema and even weight loss effects when used long term. The second link below is a gem as it directly states that estrogen induces weight gain, which is something certain "contrarian" elements on this forum have been vehemently arguing against and claiming progesterone causes weight gain while estrogen is a slimming aid...
Vitamin E Supplementation: Effect On Sodium And Vitamin K Requirements?
Oral Spironolactone in Post-teenage Female Patients with Acne Vulgaris: Practical Considerations for the Clinician Based on Current Data and Clinical Experience
"...However, caution should be taken when patients combine spironolactone use with EE 20µg and DROSP 3mg (Yaz®) or EE 30µg and DROSP 3mg (Yasmin®). Both OCs are also approved for premenstrual dysphoric disorder and have natiuretic properties that counteract estrogen-induced weight gain. The progestin component in both of these OCs is drospirenone (DROSP), which is a 17-alpha spironolactone derivative with anti-mineralocorticoid activity, and a potassium-sparing diuretic effect. A 3mg dose of DROSP has been reported to be equivalent to 25mg of spironolactone."

PolishSun

Water weight probably, I take vit E, i dont get that effect, it helps in other ways, but I pee like half a bucket after taking niacin (1g).

David90

As @Hans and @David90 mentioned - vitamin E has diuretic effects. It increases sodium excretion just like progesterone does, which suggests vitamin E either has direct effects as aldosterone antagonist or maybe leads to increase in progesterone/estrogen ratio (due to its AI effects) and this leads to the diuretic effects. Either way, aldosterone antagonists are known to have such anti-edema and even weight loss effects when used long term. The second link below is a gem as it directly states that estrogen induces weight gain, which is something certain "contrarian" elements on this forum have been vehemently arguing against and claiming progesterone causes weight gain while estrogen is a slimming aid...
Vitamin E Supplementation: Effect On Sodium And Vitamin K Requirements?
Oral Spironolactone in Post-teenage Female Patients with Acne Vulgaris: Practical Considerations for the Clinician Based on Current Data and Clinical Experience
"...However, caution should be taken when patients combine spironolactone use with EE 20µg and DROSP 3mg (Yaz®) or EE 30µg and DROSP 3mg (Yasmin®). Both OCs are also approved for premenstrual dysphoric disorder and have natiuretic properties that counteract estrogen-induced weight gain. The progestin component in both of these OCs is drospirenone (DROSP), which is a 17-alpha spironolactone derivative with anti-mineralocorticoid activity, and a potassium-sparing diuretic effect. A 3mg dose of DROSP has been reported to be equivalent to 25mg of spironolactone."

@haidut I also take Vitamin E especially at Night (Before Bedtime). Since Estrogen is the Highest at Night and Testosterone the Lowest in the Evening (Male Hormonal Cycle???). So taking Vitamin E before Bedtime should result in higher Testosterone the next Morning???

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I also take Vitamin E especially at Night (Before Bedtime). Since Estrogen is the Highest at Night and Testosterone the Lowest in the Evening (Male Hormonal Cycle???). So taking Vitamin E before Bedtime should result in higher Testosterone the next Morning???

Yes, it should. Or at the very least should result in lower estrogen and thus higher T/E2 ratio, which is still beneficial and actually more important for health than just the absolute T levels.

David90

Yes, it should. Or at the very least should result in lower estrogen and thus higher T/E2 ratio, which is still beneficial and actually more important for health than just the absolute T levels.
Ok, i keep That in Mind. Thanks for the Anwser.

Andy316

What dose and frequency of Vit E Supplementation do you take?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals