Vitamin E Makes Me Feel Amazing

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Time and time again,

If I take a single d-alpha-Tocopherol (natural vitamin E 250 IU)
Alpha-Tocopherol, orally, I get the following effects:

-2 hours later, this warming/calming feeling in my brain (Like how you would feel as soon as you enter a spa/sauna).
-A dramatic spike in libido.
-Excellent pumps in the gym (Muscles feel fuller).
-Focused feeling, very grounded feeling, sort of like GABA.
-Better sleep.

So mechanisms here?
-Lowered prolactin?
-Progesterone sparing properties (HOW?).
-Antagonising PUFA's in my diet (Seafood, Chicken).
-NOGO-A Inhibition? (Alpha tocopherol treatment reduces the expression of Nogo-A and NgR in rat brain after traumatic brain injury. - PubMed - NCBI).

Side effects:
-Reduced appetite in mornings.
-Slight GI discomfort at first, now resolved.

Adrienlcrx

What brand do you use to have these great results if I may ask @Lokzo ?
I personally use cocare vitamin e at the moment and I don't feel anything..

Adrienlcrx

Thanks for your answer.. strange I can't find easyly this product to sell on the net..
Is there a particular problem with this brand?^^

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your answer.. strange I can't find easyly this product to sell on the net..
Is there a particular problem with this brand?^^

Pretty sure it's only available in Australia.

This is what it looks like:
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.23.20 pm.png

Time and time again,

-2 hours later, this warming/calming feeling in my brain (Like how you would feel as soon as you enter a spa/sauna).
-Better sleep.

So mechanisms here?
-Lowered prolactin?
-Progesterone sparing properties (HOW?).
-Antagonising PUFA's in my diet (Seafood, Chicken).
-NOGO-A Inhibition? (Alpha tocopherol treatment reduces the expression of Nogo-A and NgR in rat brain after traumatic brain injury. - PubMed - NCBI).

Side effects:
-Reduced appetite in mornings.
-Slight GI discomfort at first, now resolved.

Nice catch about the NOGO-A Inhibition.Didnt knew about that although i read a bit about Vitamin E.
All of your named ones are good candidates,lowered spontaneous prostaglandine-like oxidized Arachidonic acid is a candidate also.
Rancid PUFA can behave like ordinarily,by COX activated functional messenger-PUFA.

Vinny

Never felt anything from even up to 800 IU swanson mixed tocopherols. Dont remember if ever tried
d-alpha-Tocopherol, will give it a go next time, but, sadly, it seems brand and production quality matter.

Kunstruct

-Better sleep.

NO increase? Pumps, libido, sleep.
Pumping with depleted NO is even possible?

Cgj1

Time and time again,

-Focused feeling, very grounded feeling, sort of like GABA.r dose per day?

Its interesting to note the different subjective effects of various vitamin e brands.

Can you tell us your dose per day? With or without a meal?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Vitamin E also lower estrogen quite reliably. Estrogen boosts serotonin on all levels. I've been wondering if you don't have serotonin resistance, especially the 5HT2c recepetor and that is why you have low-ish cortisol. That could explain why you benefit after stopping cypro because it could increase serotonin sensitivity again. So you think you have high serotonin in general, but resistance in some receptors.

Maybe type such as alpha, beta, etc. + quality makes a difference/mixed?

I have some every now and then and I can't say for sure I notice anything specifically from it.

I also got a bit cautious since I saw a study that linked supplemental Vitamin E with increased all-cause mortality, but can't say about how reliable it was.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I've been wondering if you don't have serotonin resistance, especially the 5HT2c recepetor and that is why you have low-ish cortisol.

Well I feel my absolute best 4 days after cypro and it works every single time as a re-setter. The problem is that I have to keep using cypro to be this way.

Also, look what I found:

In this study, we showed that both NAC and vitamin E increase circulating levels of corticosterone in rats. NAC and vitamin E are antioxidants that act through distinct mechanisms of action. While NAC provides cysteine, which is a precursor for reduced glutathione production, and scavenges oxidants directly, including hydroxyl radical, −OH, and hypochlorous acid [8]; vitamin E is a peroxyl radical scavenger and due to its lipid solubility plays an important role in maintaining integrity of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in the membranes of cells [6, 7]. The fact that prolonged treatment with two antioxidants with different mechanisms of action can increase circulating levels of corticosterone indicates that this is not an epiphenomenon, but suggests that inhibition of physiological levels of ROS in the HPA axis is responsible for its hyperactivity.

Waynish

Too many issues with E supplements. The only one I currently trust is TocoVit in small doses - mixed with coconut oil when applied topically.

Mark2020

I don’t really take a lot of supplements. I have in the past, but most of them are complete nonsense. Except Vitamin E. It’s the only supplement I feel working, time and time again. I love taking it topically. I cut open a soft gel and rub 400 i.u. on my lower leg. It’s out of the way there. I’ve put it other places, but it can get sticky or messy. The lower leg works the best for me.

I always noticed an increased sense of well being, heightened moods, and a feeling of increased oxygenation in my system - sometimes within 10 mins of rubbing it on me. And I get this effect time and time again. Not just a one-off deal like a lot of stuff I’ve taken.

I’m currently taking Now Natural E-400 with mixed tocopherols. It’s in a base of olive oil.

I’m currently taking Now Natural E-400 with mixed tocopherols. It’s in a base of olive oil.
You mean you rub into your skin or take orally? I have the same vit E supp, your words are very encouraging to try topical application.

Mark2020

You mean you rub into your skin or take orally? I have the same vit E supp, your words are very encouraging to try topical application.

I’m confused by your reply. I clearly outlined my method for applying it to my skin on my lower leg. I’m not sure how you can confuse that with taking it orally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals