Vitamin E Is Anti Androgenetic?

High_Prob

Hmm, interesting...I am sure people here will find some way of explaining it away and putting a positive light on their beloved vitamin E.

tankasnowgod

Kunstruct

My testosterone went lower and lower this year to bottom of the barrel like never before, whenever I took Vit E more than 100 IU, like for example 400IU or 800IU I was getting complete death of the penis and I was also getting scrotum irritation.

OP
H
My testosterone went lower and lower this year to bottom of the barrel like never before, whenever I took Vit E more than 100 IU, like for example 400IU or 800IU I was getting complete death of the penis and I was also getting scrotum irritation.

That’s horrible.

schultz

What were your T levels?

Edit: NVM I see you made a thread about it.

Is such an amount even beneficial at once for most?

I get E but maybe 50-100 mg a week the absolute most personally. Not sure if more would help, but there is probably normally no need to take in 800 or even 400 IU at once on any consistent or daily basis.

I get E but maybe 50-100 mg a week the absolute most personally. Not sure if more would help, but there is probably normally no need to take in 800 or even 400 IU at once on any consistent or daily basis.

Difficult since most brands produce high dose servings.

Kunstruct

I mean 400 and 800 are more common as dosages in stores.

That does not mean I took Vit E more than 6 times, that was enough for me to not want to take these doses, even if they were space out far enough.

With 100 IU once a week seems it is alright for me. It can help with certain joint pains, from that point it is worth it.
Maybe it does increase Progesterone a lot in certain individuals with 400IU and 800IU and that is why it become beneficial in joints.

Everyone is different. Some guys report massive libido from Vit E on the forum here and there, other talks about loss of libido or not being affected at all.
I noticed that some people seem to get a boost in libido when they eat stuff that lowers 5AR, not sure how good that is long term, almost nobody follows up to tell how they are in long term, which I can understand if you then went back to lowering your libido you will be told how bad your choice was so not saying anything is more rewarding.
I would suspect their Estradiol raises enough to get a better libido and the Testosterone goes less to DHT.
Obviously not everyone will get a libido boost or erection boost from slightly reducing DHT, that being the reason you will read how some get lower libido from 5AR lowering foods or supplements.

Kunstruct

Which sort of vitamin E and which brand?

I have tried Now Foods mixed tocopherols bottle and Now Foods with only d-alpha tocopherol bottle.
The ones with with olive oil as I was trying to not the the one that have the sunflower oil.

Now do not imagine that is the reason I have issues or I am claiming to have issues because of Vit E, I have used it only like 6 times spaced apart this year and I have done the same experiment last year with the same results. Just an experience which made it not worth it for me at all and even for others. Low dose of 100 IU seems alright once per week or once at 2 weeks.

ilhanxx

Daily vitamin e intake doesn't recommend by most of experts. It can cause muscle tiredness according them. As I can translate, Ray recommend diet, not supplements. and he advice to using sparingly vitamin e.

Kunstruct

If we do pay some time to the forum we get tons of personal experience or studies with dosages are in some massive ranges sometimes.
I do not have the time to compile data, but one can pick and choose what he wants, if he wants by reading the forum or searching the forum.

Vomiting
Vitamin E Requirements May Be Higher Than Ray Recommends

Tinnitus

Mood lifted but stomach upset
Vitamin E Is Amazing

Sleeping is super good, 400IU daily.
Progesterone? If that is the case Androgens can suffer?
Vitamin E Is Amazing

"Shute brothers fed their patients 5,000mg-6,000mg vitamin E for years without observing serious adverse effects."
Seems highly exaggerated considering that most people do get serious effects from low dose, even "theory" should say it can affect other fat soluble vitamins.
" Because 400 IU is a common daily dose used by many healthy humans, it would be appropriate to designate dosages >400 IU/d as pharmacologic doses or megadoses."
High doses of vitamin E in the treatment of disorders of the central nervous system in the aged

Dosage for humans based on study 1,200mg - 1,500mg per day by popular forum member.
Vitamin E raises testosterone in rodents and humans

Kunstruct

gxyHY2t.png

OP
H
If we do pay some time to the forum we get tons of personal experience or studies with dosages are in some massive ranges sometimes.
I do not have the time to compile data, but one can pick and choose what he wants, if he wants by reading the forum or searching the forum.

Vomiting

Tinnitus

Mood lifted but stomach upset
Vitamin E Is Amazing

Sleeping is super good, 400IU daily.
Progesterone? If that is the case Androgens can suffer?
Vitamin E Is Amazing

"Shute brothers fed their patients 5,000mg-6,000mg vitamin E for years without observing serious adverse effects."
Seems highly exaggerated considering that most people do get serious effects from low dose, even "theory" should say it can affect other fat soluble vitamins.
" Because 400 IU is a common daily dose used by many healthy humans, it would be appropriate to designate dosages >400 IU/d as pharmacologic doses or megadoses."
High doses of vitamin E in the treatment of disorders of the central nervous system in the aged

Dosage for humans based on study 1,200mg - 1,500mg per day by popular forum member.
Vitamin E raises testosterone in rodents and humans

This thread is not about hormone levels like testosterone but about the androgen receptors to which the androgens attach to.