"Vitamin E inhibits the activation of NF‐kB, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form."

cjm

The title quote comes from this study: Effect of vitamin E succinate on inflammatory cytokines induced by high-intensity interval training

Study on rats. HED 300-400mg, I think: "vitamin E succinate supplementation (60 mg/kg/day) was conducted for 6 weeks."

Again: "vitamin E inhibits NF-κB activation, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form. [18]"

But it's actually a link to Vitamin E and NF-kappaB activation: a review

VII. SUMMARY Numerous studies, both in vitro and in vivo, have been published examining the effects of vitamin E on NF‐kB activation. Most of these have observed an inhibition with higher levels of vitamin E. Some studies have observed a greater inhibition with the succinate form. At this time, it is not clear if the inhibition of NF‐kB activation of vitamin E is from decreased oxidative stress and/or one of vitamin E’s nonantioxidant functions.

And then I found this in there:

"The succinate form was also more active in HL‐60 cells: a‐tocopheryl succinate inhibited NF‐kB activation in the presence of absence of vitamin D3, whereas a‐tocopheryl acetate only was effective in the presence of vitamin D3"

"The capacity of vitamin E succinate
to enhance the differentiation produced by vitamin D3, which contrasts with vitamin E acetate, appears to be due to the accumulation of the succinate form of vitamin E by HL-60 cells to a much greater extent than the accumulation of vitamin E acetate."

The linked study was in vitro but it wasn't a misadvertisement:

"Vitamin E succinate and other antioxidant compounds (ie butylated hydroxyanisole, b-carotene and lipoic acid) used alone had no significant effect on the differentiation of HL-60 cells; however, these agents markedly increased the differentiation produced by vitamin D3."

Induction of the differentiation of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells by vitamin E and other antioxidants in combination with low levels of vitamin D3: possible relationship to NF-kB

Interesting that a vitamin D deficiency would decrease the effectiveness of certain kinds of vitamin E...

@Mauritio

Mauritio

The title quote comes from this study: Effect of vitamin E succinate on inflammatory cytokines induced by high-intensity interval training

Study on rats. HED 300-400mg, I think: "vitamin E succinate supplementation (60 mg/kg/day) was conducted for 6 weeks."

Again: "vitamin E inhibits NF-κB activation, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form. [18]"

But it's actually a link to Vitamin E and NF-kappaB activation: a review

VII. SUMMARY Numerous studies, both in vitro and in vivo, have been published examining the effects of vitamin E on NF‐kB activation. Most of these have observed an inhibition with higher levels of vitamin E. Some studies have observed a greater inhibition with the succinate form. At this time, it is not clear if the inhibition of NF‐kB activation of vitamin E is from decreased oxidative stress and/or one of vitamin E’s nonantioxidant functions.

And then I found this in there:

"The succinate form was also more active in HL‐60 cells: a‐tocopheryl succinate inhibited NF‐kB activation in the presence of absence of vitamin D3, whereas a‐tocopheryl acetate only was effective in the presence of vitamin D3"

"The capacity of vitamin E succinate
to enhance the differentiation produced by vitamin D3, which contrasts with vitamin E acetate, appears to be due to the accumulation of the succinate form of vitamin E by HL-60 cells to a much greater extent than the accumulation of vitamin E acetate."

The linked study was in vitro but it wasn't a misadvertisement:

"Vitamin E succinate and other antioxidant compounds (ie butylated hydroxyanisole, b-carotene and lipoic acid) used alone had no significant effect on the differentiation of HL-60 cells; however, these agents markedly increased the differentiation produced by vitamin D3."

Induction of the differentiation of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells by vitamin E and other antioxidants in combination with low levels of vitamin D3: possible relationship to NF-kB

Interesting that a vitamin D deficiency would decrease the effectiveness of certain kinds of vitamin E...

@Mauritio
VES -the one vitamin e to rule them all :D

"presence of absence of vitamin D3,"

Wtf does that mean ? Sometimes you see surprisingly stupid sentences in modern studies . Even for me as non-native speaker.

Anyway ...another reason to take vitamin D !

OP
cjm

cjm

VES -the one vitamin e to rule them all :D

"presence of absence of vitamin D3,"

Wtf does that mean ? Sometimes you see surprisingly stupid sentences in modern studies . Even for me as non-native speaker.

Anyway ...another reason to take vitamin D !

Lol, I KNOW. "Presence of absence" is tricky. I've convinced myself it's a typo.

Mauritio

"Speaking of inflammation, the study cites an extensive list of evidence demonstrating that activation of just the “master” inflammation factor NF-kB is enough to trigger premature aging (with all of the associated signs/symptoms) in various animal models, independently of species type. Conversely, the study claims that the evidence is strong enough to suggest that suppressing/lowering inflammation is a viable life-extension approach."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals