Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil. But Should I Take This One?

Julian

So I bought this 400IU Vitamin E supplement derived from Wheat Germ. It's from Dutch Brand, so it's not a familiar one. I thought it was only Vitamine E extract, but it says on the ingredient list that it contains a Wheat Germ Oil filler...

So I think it contains some PUFA and I'm debating on whether I should take this one or send it back. What do you think?

boris

I used to buy this one before knowing about PUFAs. Pretty expensive.
02810370-vitamin-e-tropfen-1.jpg

It is cut with soy oil. And even in the fridge it goes rancid after some days. I don't know if you can get much vitamin E when the oil oxidizes.

OP
Julian

Julian

Thanks guys, but that wasn't really my question though :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So I bought this 400IU Vitamin E supplement derived from Wheat Germ. It's from Dutch Brand, so it's not a familiar one. I thought it was only Vitamine E extract, but it says on the ingredient list that it contains a Wheat Germ Oil filler...

So I think it contains some PUFA and I'm debating on whether I should take this one or send it back. What do you think?
Is it capsules or liquid?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The larger the capsule the more filler oil it will contain. Very small capsules with a higher dosage will have the least filler oil. That’s personally speaking how I’d make my decision on whether to take them or not.

OP
Julian

Julian

The larger the capsule the more filler oil it will contain. Very small capsules with a higher dosage will have the least filler oil. That’s personally speaking how I’d make my decision on whether to take them or not.

Hmm yeah it's not the smallest :P

OP
Julian

Julian

Viobin is good - pure WGO - comes in glass. Buy the small size and keep cold. I mix with milk and vanilla extract.
https://www.viobinusa.com/wheat-germ-oil

Hmm btw, wheat germ oil is PUFA. Probably not a good idea to consume this.

The reason I'm asking my question is because the vitamin E supplement still has some of that oil in it. And I'm doubting whether consuming that is even a good idea..

boris

It's questionable if the vitamin E will have much effect in a rancid oil.

TocoVit is probably the best. It's formulated like the old "good" vitamin E that Peat talks about.

LeeLemonoil

So here is another of those "looks good .. maybe" Vitamin-E products.
It is a german brand that is sold in Pharmacies, should make for satisfactory standards. They state on the bottle it is Vitamin E, 100% natural. And it is from Wheat germ oil, nothing else.
Now comes the catch. No IUs or mg of Vitamin E stated anywhere on the label nor on their website. Also, INCI on the back of the bottle shows "Wheat germ oil and then Tocopherol." So it's likely not purified/extracted but contains WGO whole and maybe even additional Tocoperol without infos on origin and composition/ratio of isomers.

Vitamin E Öl Tocopherol

The brand has some clean products apart from that and good reviews, they also avoid contaminated wheat for the oil they claim. I'll shoot them a mail to ask the exact properties of the oil

eZK98mhvfk787DeVnFIVka-30.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals