Vitamin E dosage?

max219

I'm think of starting to supplement with vitamin E. I haven't taken any supplement yet, and have been eating Peat inspired for roughly 3 months now. I was planning on taking it prior to eating out or eating unfamiliar foods that may contain PUFA (1-2 every month). Should I take it more often though?

I'm looking at this http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Vit ... gels/47808

J

j.

Some people think that taking alpha tocopherol alone is a bad idea because it could deplete gamma tocopherol levels. The best strategy seems to be to take natural mixed tocopherols, preferably high gamma. Some brands with these characteristics are Swanson Maximum Strength Gamma, Lotion Crafter, Thorne Ultimate E.

J

j.

It could be brand. It could be that Thorne's is more "balanced", if you look at the amount of alpha and gamma. Thorne has twice as many pills, but it's more than twice the price.

Also, I think Peat recommends like 100 IU daily for dealing with restaurants visits. 100 IU is about 70 mg. Swanson has 1177 mg per pill. Thorne a bit less than 1000 mg per pill.

J

j.

For the restaurant meal thing, Carlson E-Gems Plus might be better. Although is higher alpha, it contains all tocopherols, and it's available in 200 IU pills.

I take this as well as the Swanson one.

OP
M

max219

Do you take them on days you are eating very low PUFA too? Or a few times a week?

J

j.

max219 said:
Do you take them on days you are eating very low PUFA too? Or a few times a week?

I'm actually experimenting with high dose K2. I found an experiment that suggested that it depletes E. I feel it does, so I take it for that at themoment.

But I think to take care of the restaurant meal one is supposed to take 100 IU daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals