• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Vitamin E but with PUFA base—risks vs. benefits

bodacious

I recently bought some vitamin E oil, only to realise once I got home that it used sunflower oil as a base (it's mostly sunflower oil, with a reasonably high concentration of vitamin E added).

I intended to use this oil topically.

My question is: is applying this PUFA to my skin likely to be more problematic than healthful?

tara

I think Peat said if it is a high concentration on vit E in PUFA oil it's likely to be worth it.

schultz

I don't imagine there is much PUFA in it. I have a capsuled vitamin E supplement in a base of soy oil. The whole capsule with the vitamin E and oil weighs in at 585mg. When you subtract the weight of the 400IU of vitamin e (267mg) and the weight of the empty gel capsule (190mg) you're left with only 128mg of PUFA. A cup of whole milk has 3 times the amount of PUFA.