Vitamin E 100-fold more potent than remdesivir for SARS-CoV-2 / coronaviruses

Rick K

have you heard anything on fluoride detox/elimination from Peat.
Btw, for some reason the guys on supplement reddit don't like vitamin E. they claim there's studies showing it increased all cause mortality. so people on that forum, many of them like supplementing all kinds of herbs, and creatine and multivitamin supplements but they have an issue with both vitamin C and E. C apparently lead to decreased response/gains from training, and the common info passed around on E is that it supposedly increased all cause mortality when used...
Well, Sir Bollox, I use over 10 grams of C daily and 800 IU of mixed tocopherols and have been doing so for 40 years and I still outlift everyone but one person (juicer) in my gym. Still doing seated shoulder press with 225lbs for reps, still curling 165lbs for reps and squatting 400lbs for reps and I'm 60. You need to figure out what works for you and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. I have no health issues whatsoever except for declining patience for retards, some gray hair and a fondness for Haagen Dazs which seems to be a recent thing.

Dr. B

Well, Sir Bollox, I use over 10 grams of C daily and 800 IU of mixed tocopherols and have been doing so for 40 years and I still outlift everyone but one person (juicer) in my gym. Still doing seated shoulder press with 225lbs for reps, still curling 165lbs for reps and squatting 400lbs for reps and I'm 60. You need to figure out what works for you and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. I have no health issues whatsoever except for declining patience for retards, some gray hair and a fondness for Haagen Dazs which seems to be a recent thing.
what effects are you getting from that much C and E and which products are you using. C supplements arw apparently very allergenic and dangerous. Can't that much vitamin E cause teeth loss over time due to its effect on vitamin K or something else
curling 165 pounds for reps is impressive mate, is that the barbell straight bar curl! what's your bench press reps numbers at. so you can curl max 200 pounds?

Rick K

what effects are you getting from that much C and E and which products are you using. C supplements arw apparently very allergenic and dangerous. Can't that much vitamin E cause teeth loss over time due to its effect on vitamin K or something else
curling 165 pounds for reps is impressive mate, is that the barbell straight bar curl! what's your bench press reps numbers at. so you can curl max 200 pounds?
I never bruise and cuts heal overnight. I have had no negative effects from the C or E or anything else I take. I curled 200lbs for 1 rep just to see if I could do it but avoid max lifts/presses as tendons can snap and muscles tear. I dislodged all the connective tissue on my left side rib cage squatting 750lbs in 2007 while wearing a belt. I have benched 430 max but just stick to heavy dumbbells for chest now. I use an ez curl bar that weighs 35lbs that I purchased from Rogue Fitness and carry that into the gym as the 15lb ez curl they have can't fit enough plates on it. I bring in my own triceps bar as well.
The dangerous philosophy on these sups is codswallop. I have several colleagues who use this amount and apart from seizures and terrifying visions it all seems to work out fine. :yawn:

Dr. B

I never bruise and cuts heal overnight. I have had no negative effects from the C or E or anything else I take. I curled 200lbs for 1 rep just to see if I could do it but avoid max lifts/presses as tendons can snap and muscles tear. I dislodged all the connective tissue on my left side rib cage squatting 750lbs in 2007 while wearing a belt. I have benched 430 max but just stick to heavy dumbbells for chest now. I use an ez curl bar that weighs 35lbs that I purchased from Rogue Fitness and carry that into the gym as the 15lb ez curl they have can't fit enough plates on it. I bring in my own triceps bar as well.
The dangerous philosophy on these sups is codswallop. I have several colleagues who use this amount and apart from seizures and terrifying visions it all seems to work out fine. :yawn:
seizures sounds dangerous? why are they getting seizures just from vitamin c and e?
do you think vitamin c and E have specific properties that help with gum health, wound healing, muscle strength, muscle healing etc?

CLASH

@Rick K

Those are impressive feats, regardless of age.

Do you mind expanding on some of the diet/ supplement/ training habits you've maintained to keep such great shape?

I'm interested to hear what you've been doing.

Missenger

One of my relative takes about 400 or 500iu of Vitamin E, I can't attest if that's a good thing or not but it's good if it helps you.

Rick K

@Rick K didnt Peat lose his teeth from excess vitamin E usage in the past?
Don't know. I don't follow his work or life. I came across some of his work on hormones some years ago and that's how I know of him. I figured out diet etc long ago so I don't read up on what he thinks.

Rick K

seizures sounds dangerous? why are they getting seizures just from vitamin c and e?
do you think vitamin c and E have specific properties that help with gum health, wound healing, muscle strength, muscle healing etc?
I am sarcastic to a fault. No seizures etc. It would take me a chapter to explain my dosing and benefits. Vitamin Cisne just so important for collagen repair and immune system. I never get sick.

fr@

Yep, and this is what Peat mentioned to some people who asked about vitamin E supplementation. He said that bigger doses (400+ IU) once weekly are probably enough as it gets stored in the liver and released in bloodstream as needed.
So does supplementing Vitamin-E on a daily not necessary -- even for the purpose of 'dislodging' PUFAs (theoretically) from years of consuming Vegetable Oils and the likes?

'Cause I've only started supplementing Vitamin-E around mid 2020, and thinking of doing it till the end of 2021; from then on, I'll start decreasing my supplementation of Vitamin-E.

I also find it interesting that @Lokzo doesn't supplement it daily, and we know that he's a High Testosterone guy -- so I'm also thinking that there's probably some downsides to taking high doses of Vitamin-E.

yerrag

Thank you Mr Giorgi!
You say:
" all of the water-soluble esters have lower anti-peroxidation activity and often cause allergic side effects."

And I use the following at times: You raining on my parade?

Vitamin E (as Natural d-Alpha Tocpherol Succinate, Unesterified Mixed Tocopherols)400 IU1,333% A potent cancer killer.....

This form of E has some impressive benefits Vitamin e succinate

Oops, I see it is unesterified? A little confused. Anyway, want to comment?
This is good reading I picked up from an RPF thread on Vitamin E from the early years of RPF (there sure are a lot of golden nuggets from that time, if you guys do a good search instead of posting questions that have been asked before, as you'll find many good answers that you won't find nowadays):

Tells you what you need to know about the original Vitamin E that worked very well, and the synthetic ones, and how "science" was used against mixed tocopherols necessitating the production of inferior esterified vitamin E such as the acetate and succinate forms. And how Hoffman LaRoche used its influence to establish the synthetic dl-alpha tocopheral as the standard.

Reading this makes my stomach churn, knowing that the fix was in already long ago to destroy our health by using "science" and propaganda to direct us into using inferior grades of vitamin E.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe any of the studies regarding how good the acetates and succinates are. Just garbage.

pauljacob

fr@

Thanks @yerrag, this is great.

"A correct dose for a person is anything he can tolerate. I have my wife taking 3200 units a day. I take 2400 units myself ... A person of 70 years should take 1200 to 1600 or more units a day. Taking vitamin E is chronic treatment. You're on it for life, just as you're on bread for life. There is no reason for divided doses. We tell people to take all of their ration at breakfast in the morning. . . . Vitamin E is an unusual substance in that a half-dose will not give a half result. We give patients vitamin E to the top of the dam and nothing happens. We give additional vitamin E and what spills over the dam does the trick for them." - Dr. Evan Shute

[I found that from the link you've posted.]

As for my experience, I get up to like 1,500 IUs on a day when I eat out; and in about a day or so I get some ringing in my ears &/or some colored eye floaters (like mini fire flies floating around) not constantly but only for a brief period, more of like an on and off for that day.

But I just sometimes wonder if Vitamin-E causes any unwanted issues if taken on a high dose constantly or even if taken on its usual dose daily, 'cause I couldn't just take someone's word for it and believe that it's going to happen for everybody.

As much as possible, I'm looking for a minimal approach (so I can save money in doing so :grinning:).

V

valdz

This is good reading I picked up from an RPF thread on Vitamin E from the early years of RPF (there sure are a lot of golden nuggets from that time, if you guys do a good search instead of posting questions that have been asked before, as you'll find many good answers that you won't find nowadays):

Tells you what you need to know about the original Vitamin E that worked very well, and the synthetic ones, and how "science" was used against mixed tocopherols necessitating the production of inferior esterified vitamin E such as the acetate and succinate forms. And how Hoffman LaRoche used its influence to establish the synthetic dl-alpha tocopheral as the standard.

Reading this makes my stomach churn, knowing that the fix was in already long ago to destroy our health by using "science" and propaganda to direct us into using inferior grades of vitamin E.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe any of the studies regarding how good the acetates and succinates are. Just garbage.
Thanks for the tip!
Curious if AC grace is still good company?

Rick K

@Rick K

Those are impressive feats, regardless of age.

Do you mind expanding on some of the diet/ supplement/ training habits you've maintained to keep such great shape?

I'm interested to hear what you've been doing.
Clash, I'd love to help you but it would take several chapters to break it all down and that usually begets more questions, especially when people want my view on what someone else says or does. I got strong not because of good genetics, far from it. I was just determined to push the envelope. You have to learn to love the bar and the weight or you'll lose interest. You must keep reps involved even if it's only four per set. This will save your joints and that's usually what people screw up. Look up Ronnie Coleman, now and back in the day to see what can happen. I train for myself, to age well. Don't compare to others or you'll fail. Pick an objective and then advance it by half. (by next year I wanna squat 500 lbs) and then make it happen in 6 months. Start midline on everything you do in life and find your balance and move from there. Lots of "certified trainers" think I'm insane because I train 6 days a week and they think it should be 3 or 4. That's what they need to do, I guess. Six days works great for me and my strength didn't peak until I turned 56. Three days high reps 12-18, for size and 3 days for strength 4-8 reps, weight adjusted accordingly. Same weight every set with only 1 warm up at about 70% of max weight lifted that day. When you think you can't do one more rep do two. As your rep capability increases you can add more weight and knock it back a couple of reps. Eat well. Lots of carbs and protein. If you're waking up hungry use casein protein at bedtime with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Train like a psycho.
Good luck.

yerrag

Thanks @yerrag, this is great.

"A correct dose for a person is anything he can tolerate. I have my wife taking 3200 units a day. I take 2400 units myself ... A person of 70 years should take 1200 to 1600 or more units a day. Taking vitamin E is chronic treatment. You're on it for life, just as you're on bread for life. There is no reason for divided doses. We tell people to take all of their ration at breakfast in the morning. . . . Vitamin E is an unusual substance in that a half-dose will not give a half result. We give patients vitamin E to the top of the dam and nothing happens. We give additional vitamin E and what spills over the dam does the trick for them." - Dr. Evan Shute

[I found that from the link you've posted.]

As for my experience, I get up to like 1,500 IUs on a day when I eat out; and in about a day or so I get some ringing in my ears &/or some colored eye floaters (like mini fire flies floating around) not constantly but only for a brief period, more of like an on and off for that day.

But I just sometimes wonder if Vitamin-E causes any unwanted issues if taken on a high dose constantly or even if taken on its usual dose daily, 'cause I couldn't just take someone's word for it and believe that it's going to happen for everybody.

As much as possible, I'm looking for a minimal approach (so I can save money in doing so :grinning:),
He was talking of Vitamin E that may not be the same as your Vitamin E. Have you considered that?

Dr. B

He was talking of Vitamin E that may not be the same as your Vitamin E. Have you considered that?
doesnt he say in that article that this is what he uses
The only known commercial proprietary source of the all natural high anti-oxidant, un-esterified undiluted, pure vitamin E concentrate just described is made available by the A.C. Grace Company, 1100 Quitman Road, P.O. Box 570, Big Sandy, Texas 75755-9983; TEL: (903) 636-43680 FAX: (903) 636-4051.

i wonder how thornes ultimate E product compares?

yerrag

doesnt he say in that article that this is what he uses
The only known commercial proprietary source of the all natural high anti-oxidant, un-esterified undiluted, pure vitamin E concentrate just described is made available by the A.C. Grace Company, 1100 Quitman Road, P.O. Box 570, Big Sandy, Texas 75755-9983; TEL: (903) 636-43680 FAX: (903) 636-4051.

i wonder how thornes ultimate E product compares?
I don't have a bottle of it from the past that has the label to tell me what it contained then. It may be the same all these years, but again what do we know of the owners of that company changing hands? It's just easy for a rich crook (plenty of them running around with their fake money and their immunity from the law) to buy up a nice company and tear it to shreds (see the bankruptcies of many fine American industrial concerns by LBOs) or to use that company's good name to inflict harm (The Guardian, Washington Post, New York Times who has amassed quite a few major exposes in their heyday). If they can do that to big corporations and newspapers, The AC Grace Company is just peanuts. Wasn't that what was done to Armour thyroid, as Ray Peat would recount?

The current bottle of AC Grace Unique does not put PUFAs in their capsule. Very good. Wonderful! They list alpha-tocopherol at 400 IU, and the rest of the natural tocopherols (beta-, gamma, and delta-tocopherols) at 432 mg. Keeping that as a proprietary secret what the blend of the mixed tocopherols aside from alpha-tocopherol is. How do we know they don't just shift the blend according to their whims?

Not much I can find about beta- and delta-tocopherols, but on gamma-tocopherols, studies show that it doesn't offer as much antioxidant protection as alpha-tocopherol, but it has higher activity in trapping lipophilic electrophiles and reactive nitrogen and oxygen species. Ray Peat has talked about Vitamin E not only being an antioxidant, but it has anti-estrogen and anti-PUFA properties which the mainstream wants to leave out of the conversation about the benefits of Vitamin E. So the focus has been on alpha-tocopherol, leaving its fraternity bro tocopherols unappreciated for their individual strengths and uses.

Attached are two articles written on gamma-tocopherol. I'm actually going to use a blend that is predominantly gamma-tocopherol soon to see if can be effective in removing oxidized LDL from my blood vessel walls. However, I will also take in policosanols from beeswax that is mixed in a cocoa butter and coconut oil base to make it into a homogenous mixture as @Mufasa has been doing. The policosanols are part of what Ray Peat calls Original Vitamin E, and based on that haidut's blend of TocoVit has policosanols in them, which most, if not all vitamin E blends don't have. Further on, I may try to incorporate cyclodextrins (may - as I don't know what I'm doing) as Ray Peat has mentioned its use to enable macrophages to remove oxidized LDL in a newsletter.

Incidentally, pretty soon, if it has not already begun, Vitamin E labeling will be strictly in mg, and not in IU. I think the FDA wants to blur the line between different forms of vitamin E blends to further make us succumb to using the worst form of Vitamin E for big brother surely knows how to have our interests in mind.

Attachments

• Gamma Tocopherol 2.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Gamma Tocopherol 1.pdf
    587.7 KB · Views: 9