Vitamin D3 perpetual thread (for-and-against testmonials)

Pistachio

Hey! Thought I would get a neutral thread going on Vitamin D3, as when I do a search on this forum, it seems it's mainly D3-hating posts. What has D3 done (or not done) for you? Anyone megadosing? If so for what reason and has it worked for you?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I have seen some positive threads, including mine.

I had been taking 5000 iu for months. I am muscular but obese. I was surprised when my results came back borderline low. I upped my dosing to 15,000 iu per day for a week and then 8000-10000 iu per day. The blood recheck came back good.

Along with that, many of my symptoms were correlated to my levels and improved / resolved with higher levels.

1) Intolerance of vitamin K2
2) Heart palpitations
3) Vasovagal symptoms
4) Motion sickness
5) POTS
6) IBS
7) Mood swings
8) Anxiety
9) Sleep disturbances / bad dreams
10) Skin bumps

Ismail

I had been taking 5000 iu for months. I am muscular but obese. I was surprised when my results came back borderline low. I upped my dosing to 15,000 iu per day for a week and then 8000-10000 iu per day. The blood recheck came back good.

Along with that, many of my symptoms were correlated to my levels and improved / resolved with higher levels.

2) Heart palpitations
3) Vasovagal symptoms
4) Motion sickness
5) POTS
6) IBS
7) Mood swings
8) Anxiety
10) Skin bumps
Amazing! Thank you ?

laleto12

2) Heart palpitations
3) Vasovagal symptoms
4) Motion sickness
5) POTS
6) IBS
7) Mood swings
8) Anxiety
10) Skin bumps
Hi,
How did u take vitamin d?
When, in one dose or split?
topical or oral?
How much time did it take to solve your problems?
And lastly what do you exactly mean by skin bumps?
Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Pistachio

Pistachio

Evidence that Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infections and Deaths​

(disclaimer: I don't believe COVID is a virus or in germ theory).

There seems to be evidence that D3 is a great helper with sinus issues.

M

metabolizm

I think it improved my quality of sleep. That was the only noticeable benefit.

Makrosky

I get mixed benefits from it, no matter how low or high the dose:

PROS:
- Amazing mood
- Amazing libido/erections

CONS:
- Makes me SUPER tired

TOO BAD because the pros are very good, but the cons finally outweigh the pros. By far. I have tried using b vitamins, magnesium, with it... but still it doesn't work, makes me super drained. Let's see if someone has any tips.

And on top of it, I am deficient on it (tested via blood) so... quite a tragedy. And I am living now in a country with not much sun, so I am going to become even more deficient. DAMN!

OP
Pistachio

Pistachio

I get mixed benefits from it, no matter how low or high the dose:

PROS:
- Amazing mood
- Amazing libido/erections

CONS:
- Makes me SUPER tired

TOO BAD because the pros are very good, but the cons finally outweigh the pros. By far. I have tried using b vitamins, magnesium, with it... but still it doesn't work, makes me super drained. Let's see if someone has any tips.

And on top of it, I am deficient on it (tested via blood) so... quite a tragedy. And I am living now in a country with not much sun, so I am going to become even more deficient. DAMN!
Maybe the tiredness was part of the process that you hadn't let conclude. For long did you use D3?

Makrosky

Maybe the tiredness was part of the process that you hadn't let conclude. For long did you use D3?
Never could handle it more than a few days (1 week max I would say). What process do you think might have been happening?

It is a kind of tiredness very different from other pro-metabolic substances. Some prometabolic produce a kind of relaxing/willingness to sleep that is nice and you can notice that it is doing something good "in the background", this with Vitamin D feels different, it is very draining, feels debilitating. Strange.

nerfherder

D3 stopped my migraines from starting. I can still get the neck pain that triggers them but using D3 means they never develop into the crushing, vomit-inducing migraine that wasted years of my life. It took 2 days to work. My dose is pretty high, currently 14k iu along with Vik K.

qminati

D3 messed me up bad. I took 50,000 iu daily for a week and ended up with a month long stress response. Now i can't even take 1000iu without a bad stress response that doesn't respond to metabolic eating. I can't go out under the sun for more than a couple minutes without getting the same response. It's been over a year like this. I think it improves slightly but it may be a couple years before i can be out under the sun again it seems.

fr@

I'm still torn-apart about this Vitamin D (D3) topic, whether to supplement or not.

From my experience using D3/K2 (from Thorne), I only seem to be getting some chest tightness and some random minor bone inflammation (ie. sternum).
> I don't think lacking Calcium causes it, since I'm good with hitting my Calcium 'RDA'.
> But I'm second guessing that it's the form of K2 used in their D3/K2 formula.
> Though I'd still get the usual benefit (for me) that my teeth can handle eating oranges w/o experiencing any tooth sensitivity.
> I could get the same benefits though from just supplementing K2 (and I'm also torn-apart with this as well, whether MK-4 or MK-7)
+ So far taking the MK-4 (Thorne) gets me sleepy, more like unusually fatigued after taking.
+ I also get this unusual Arrhythmia with it.
+ So what I do is diluted the entire bottle with more MCT Oil and only use topically (in side the navel) and it still somehow gives me the same benefit.
+ But for now, I'm taking MK-7 but still wonder if MK-7 works better than MK-4.
+ And I've only heard of it from Matt Blackburn that MK-7 is better, but I'm still not sure.

But going back to supplementing D3, I've also tried just the D3 version of it (again from Thorne) -- I noticed:
> Every time I take it (topically), after an hour or so, I get to laugh more when there's jokes around.
> I also get to be more driven and creative.
> So I'm not really sure where are the consequences from taking it.
> But after hearing it from Jim Stephenson (in one of Matt Blackburn's Podcast), what they're saying just makes sense (to me to say the least).
+ I've heard something like the Supplemental Form of Vitamin D stays in the body for about 7 days (maybe I'm butchering it).
+ And it's because the body doesn't know what to do with.
+ And after those days had gone past, "maybe" your body will then know how to deal with it.
+ And that accumulation drives this 'Calcification' (not that I know much about it).
+ But at the same time, I think Jim Stephenson sells some sort of "Targeted" Vitamin D.

So for now, I'm not supplementing any Vitamin D; as I might just end up with the same fanaticism with my Fish Oil Supplementation back then.

~ Before I used to attribute my fast recovery from 'everyday porrada' Jiu-Jitsu training and any other physical endeavors from taking Fish Oil (and yeah, add in the Turmeric as well)... hahaha. ~

So far, I haven't heard or read from anyone that's really compelling:
> The other side says it's good (lots of studies, lots of results, cures this, cures that) *kind of like of Fish Oil too, which has lots of studies as well.
> And the other side says it's bad (what's worse is that they say that it's poison).
> Or maybe this is case dependent, like this issue with supplementing Carnosine that it's a Neurotoxin.
+ It's one of these fringe topics, (ie. from CureZone)
+ You can even merge that to these similar level of topics, like Vitamin A is toxic (...forgot the name of that doctor).

But yeah, I hope that some one could give a clear answer to this Supplementing Vitamin D issue.

I'm really hoping that Danny and Georgi get to listen to Matt Blackburn's Podcast w/ Jim Stephenson "fully" and dissect the claims that were presented, that Supplementing Vitamin D is bad for you.

[More power to this thread!]

Mossy

2) Heart palpitations
3) Vasovagal symptoms
4) Motion sickness
5) POTS
6) IBS
7) Mood swings
8) Anxiety
10) Skin bumps
Interesting. I've had many of those symptoms and I do have chronically low vitamin D. Do you take any other supplements to help with the vitamin D, such as the ones recommended on this forum: K2, A, E, Magnesium, or calcium?

Yucca

10000iu's 6d/7 for about 15 months (beginning of Covid crisis, was taking only 3000iu before), with 200mcg K2.
So it's about 8500iu/d. I'm also adding 25 mg zinc to help immunity (and injectable thymosin peptide 2x/year)

No sides, blood test 2 months ago was 96µg /L. Calcium levels are also perfectly normal with added K2.

No flu, cold or any health concern during all this time (had usually 1-2 colds every winter before...)

mrchibbs

I for one cannot understand negative threads, vitamin D is awesome in every way.

serling78

2) Heart palpitations
3) Vasovagal symptoms
4) Motion sickness
5) POTS
6) IBS
7) Mood swings
8) Anxiety
10) Skin bumps
That's interesting. D3 and K2 both give me digestion issues (bloating and constipation) . D3 also has historically caused me to have lowered libido while on it (K2 helps counteract that). I only take 2k IU of D3 per day because I assume if a little causes me unwanted side effects then more D3 will just enhance the negative side effects. I can't imagine more D3 would somehow turn the side effects into benefits. Maybe I'll try upping it this week to see how it goes, but I'm skeptical based on my own personal experience.

OP
Pistachio

Pistachio

D3 seems to have resolved chronic twitching eyelids and clenching/bruxism.

+++

Ras

D3 messed me up bad. I took 50,000 iu daily for a week and ended up with a month long stress response. Now i can't even take 1000iu without a bad stress response that doesn't respond to metabolic eating. I can't go out under the sun for more than a couple minutes without getting the same response. It's been over a year like this. I think it improves slightly but it may be a couple years before i can be out under the sun again it seems.
Sounds like you made yourself deficient in a cofactor requisite for high-dose Vitamin D.

Ras

I had a shoulder injury that did not improve at all for more than six months. After taking 100,000 IU (2.5 mg) of Vitamin D per day for ten days, the injury was completely healed, and all range-of-motion was restored.