Vitamin D3 perpetual thread (for-and-against testmonials)

OP
Pistachio

Pistachio

I had a shoulder injury that did not improve at all for more than six months. After taking 100,000 IU (2.5 mg) of Vitamin D per day for ten days, the injury was completely healed, and all range-of-motion was restored.
Wow, maybe I should try that for an inner elbow injury that has been persisting for about eight months now. I've only done as high as 40,000 i.u per day for a couple of days a week at a time. You reckon?

baccheion

Sounds like you made yourself deficient in a cofactor requisite for high-dose Vitamin D.
Mega D3 requires more: vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin K2, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus. Maybe also B1, B10, B12, and C, as it goes with lower copper. Calcitriol results in phosphorus dumping, taking potassium also and increasing aldosterone.

youngsinatra

I only tolerate it with sufficient K2, retinol, magnesium and potassium intake. Relatively low calcium intake (<1g) works better for me, when I take vitamin D, otherwise I get tensed muscles, twitching, increase in anxiety and inner tension.
Magnesium requirements go through the roof with high dose D in my experience. I need 600-1000mg of magnesium with 10k IU D3.

baccheion

I only tolerate it with sufficient K2, retinol, magnesium and potassium intake. Relatively low calcium intake (<1g) works better for me, when I take vitamin D, otherwise I get tensed muscles, twitching, increase in anxiety and inner tension.
Magnesium requirements go through the roof with high dose D in my experience. I need 600-1000mg of magnesium with 10k IU D3.
Is that overall or just from supplements? How much calcium and magnesium overall? Coimbra protocol discovered 800-1,200 mg magnesium and 500-600 mg calcium, but that's with megadose (50,000 IU+) D3.

Another (separate) thing showed 1.5 grams phosphorus to maintain net balance (more in than excreted). May be anti Peat, unless calcium bioavailable is then effectively higher.

youngsinatra

Is that overall or just from supplements? How much calcium and magnesium overall?
In terms of total magnesium intake, it‘s around 1000mg a day and 600mg of supplemental magnesium. (I use bisglycinate)
Total calcium intake is around 1000mg for me. Just by eating a good diet and drinking a liter of Gerolsteiner or so.

OP
Pistachio

Pistachio

I tend to think most people don't need supplemental calcium, as we are awash with it in all of our food, but adding magnesium to a D3 megadose regimen seems to make sense. I'll give that a try. I already have high Vitamin A and K2 (MK7).

equipoise

I see no problems with using a couple of drops of good D3 supplement during the winter, especially around flu time. Pop it in the navel and it's pretty good.
I also see absolutely no need from it when the spring time hits, so for me that's April-November. And I get so tanned in the summer that my blood tests even in the peak of winter show great D3 levels. Just absorb as much sun as you can naked.

mrchibbs

-

mrchibbs

I see no problems with using a couple of drops of good D3 supplement during the winter, especially around flu time. Pop it in the navel and it's pretty good.
I also see absolutely no need from it when the spring time hits, so for me that's April-November. And I get so tanned in the summer that my blood tests even in the peak of winter show great D3 levels. Just absorb as much sun as you can naked.

I've found that it's possible to get to a point where the skin just doesn't tan, even with long exposure. A sign of very poor, low metabolic skin. I used to tan easily as a teenager, and quite deeply, and when I was at my sickest (2018), I'd spent an hour naked in the sun without even getting red skin. Very weird.

youngsinatra

I've found that it's possible to get to a point where the skin just doesn't tan, even with long exposure. A sign of very poor, low metabolic skin. I used to tan easily as a teenager, and quite deeply, and when I was at my sickest (2018), I'd spent an hour naked in the sun without even getting red skin. Very weird.
I think Ray mentioned somewhere that supplemental vitamin D help with tanning.

equipoise

Same, there's definitely correlation with the ability to tan and health, absolutely. Niacinamide and aspirin work really good (and low PUFA diet) in preventing the sun burns.

I noticed the same thing this summer and I thought I was going crazy ?? I assume you can tan now?

Mossy

Niacinamide and aspirin work really good (and low PUFA diet) in preventing the sun burns.
I'd be curious to know if this works when you takes these internally or apply topically.

mrchibbs

I noticed the same thing this summer and I thought I was going crazy ?? I assume you can tan now?

Yes I can tan, but not as deeply as before. My skin doesn't get an even pigmentation from sun exposure. But at least I get light tan tones instead of just red skin everywhere now.

mrchibbs

I think Ray mentioned somewhere that supplemental vitamin D help with tanning.

It's definitely a big factor. Back then (2018), I had stupidly low vitamin D levels even with supplementation.

mrchibbs

so the supplementation wasn't raising your levels initially, but then topical worked ? did you use the 10x ratio, as in 40,000 topically to get 4,000 IU?

Yeah, oral was doing nothing.

So I put on a lot more than needed, probably not 10x, but 5x easy daily.

The vitamin D wiki site has nice info, and I think navel supplementation is probably the most direct route now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals