Vitamin D3 perpetual thread (for-and-against testmonials)

Ras

Wow, maybe I should try that for an inner elbow injury that has been persisting for about eight months now. I've only done as high as 40,000 i.u per day for a couple of days a week at a time. You reckon?
I would try it. I'd keep in mind that if you try the very high dose and experience something adverse, it's probably due to a deficiency in a necessary cofactor. There's also the chance that if you experience no improvement, that could mean you have a cofactor deficiency, or you need more time with that dose, or you need more dosage, or your issue isn't due to a need for high dose D.

mrchibbs

D3 seems to have resolved chronic twitching eyelids and clenching/bruxism.

+++

That's very interesting. I've noticed much of the same effects and there are papers highlighting the links between vitamin D deficiency and bruxism. I had twitching eyelids, bruxism and general nervous symptoms when I was at my sickest and lowest vitamin D levels.

serling78

Question for anyone who is or has taken high dose D3. Did low dose D3 cause you digestive issues? I've seen various testimonials saying how high dose D3 can help with digestion but I've never tried it because even 2k IU makes me bloated and constipated, but it's somewhat tolerable at that dose. I've tried 3k-5k IU at times and the digestive issues become too unbearable. Just so nobody has to waste time asking, I've experimented with D3 over the course of years and I've incorporated the various co factors with it like magnesium, K2, A, B vitamins, etc, but those all come with their own list of issues for me.

aniciete

Yeah, oral was doing nothing.

So I put on a lot more than needed, probably not 10x, but 5x easy daily.

The vitamin D wiki site has nice info, and I think navel supplementation is probably the most direct route now.
Did you ever get a blood test to confirm topical vitamin d raised your levels?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals