Vitamin D3 Making My Lips Dry And Cracked?

Hi does anyone experiencing the same symptoms when i take liquid vitamin d3. I take 3000iu everyday. I tried to eliminate other foods and the culprit is the d3 im taking... it also contain mct and mixed tocopherols...

Im not sure if the 3000iu is too much or do i need to put it transdermally or do i need lots of vitamin A?

The benefit im getting is increase erection and sleepiness.

paymanz

im drinking milk everyday.. Sometimes i eat cheese.

Do i need to supplement calcium or whats best food source?
Not necessary, having enough calcium is important because without it your body increases vitamin d conversion to its active form to increase calcium absorption and retention, which also is inflammatory, so just having calcium in your diet prevents that.

But you have milk ,so its not the case!

Unfortunately i have dry/cracked lips sometimes too.

some irritating foods cause that i believe.

paymanz

I guess its mostly inflammation that stimulates breakdown of tissues of lips. Like tnf alpha stimulating MMPs.

OP
HealthisWealth
@paymanz

I will try an elimination diet. Maybe its the milk the causing this. Or the egg.

And will try to again the d3 and observe...

moa

In my case, after 20 years of cracked lips, completly cured after 48h post a vitamin b12 patch was applied.

Also cured my anal bledings, my tiredness when inactive causing me to go asleep midday, my cervucan nerve and arm pain seem to be beter too.

It also cured my 20 yers old acnee on hair, that is big painfull butto s back of the head and on the neck. Nothing was able to cure this for 20 years: antibiotics, alcohol, antiseptic shampoo, zinc, etc. Cured in a few days with b12...

I have used a few oral b12 earlier with some health improvements, but only when high dosages patch was applied all this hapened.

fradon

Hi does anyone experiencing the same symptoms when i take liquid vitamin d3. I take 3000iu everyday. I tried to eliminate other foods and the culprit is the d3 im taking... it also contain mct and mixed tocopherols...

Im not sure if the 3000iu is too much or do i need to put it transdermally or do i need lots of vitamin A?

The benefit im getting is increase erection and sleepiness.
vit D can deplete vit A

Birdie

My chapped lips were helped a lot when I started taping my mouth at bedtime. Mouth breathing was my problem.
For the first few years I'd use just a tiny bit of tape. That didn't work nearly so well as taping all the way across.
This winter with the bigger tape, no chapped lips!!

california

Hi everyone,

sorry to dig up this old thread, but it is the only one with the same symptoms that I could find.

I was prescribed vitamin D, 20.000 IU every week. After a while my lips became chapped as well. I had noticed similar symptoms of flaking and itching in the past after taking vitamin D, but the dose was too small to be bad at that time. With 20.000 IU the symptoms even got worse, I also got angular cheilitis. The skin under the corners of my mouth cracked and bled when strained.

The dermatologists could not help me. I had several tests done (allergy tests, tests for infection with bacteria or fungus). The doctors did not find any cause.
I suspect a connection with salivation during sleep. @Birdie Maybe that's why taping helps you? The strange thing is that when I stop taking vitamin D, the symptoms go away.

I tried several supplements, different vitamins (A, B, ...), different forms of vitamin D (D2, D3, powder, oil, w/ or w/o vitamin K), magnesium, iron, ... Nothing helped. The only thing I had the impression to alleviate the symptoms was milk. Taking a calcium supplement didn't help. Maybe there is something else in the milk that helps.

@HealthisWealth, I wrote you a PM long ago, but you may not have noticed. Were you able to get rid of your symptoms successfully? What helped you?

Thanks!

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Hi Pina, thanks.
I had researched many things, also about B vitamins. I did a test and B2 was with 161 ug/l in the "healthy" range of 136 - 370.
I also took every B vitamin separately and also together as complex but observed no alleviation. B2 only stained my urine.
It could be the balance of the vitamins. If the addition of vitamin D is instigating the dry lips, it could be an increased requirment of a nutrient(s) or an allergy. I have dry lips and b2 (Riboflavin 5 Phosphate) resolves it. Have you tried tried B3, B6?

california

I also tried B3 and B6, actually B1 - B12 (except of B4 and B10, which are not vitamins) separately and also as complex. Iron and zinc levels are good.

youngsinatra

B vitamin deficiency caused cracked lips multiple times for me over the past years. Increasing B-vitamins always lead to quick healing for this problem.