Jakester

For various anecdotal evidences , one can read this book
The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25,000 To 50,000 To 100,000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period
Kindle version is just 1.48$ though no one should experiment with that high doses without medical supervision
Norm Shealy MD used 50,000 units a day for years and feels he benefited. He's now in his 80s and is the healthiest human being over the age of 65 I've ever met other than Linus Pauling. (Shealy now uses 50,000 once a week.) He recommends frequent calcium serum testing (maybe twice a year) to be on the safe side. He notes that problems with excess calcium are very rare.

The evolution of thinking about D3, among conscious holistic-minded people, is, to my mind, one of the most interesting developments in human health in the last 50 years.

Queequeg

What about Matt Stone and Garret Smith warning against vitamin D supplementation leading to calcification and early death? Would the solution to this be to take k2 alongside it to make sure it goes where it should? Apparently having low vitamin D level reveals the need for Magnesium...?
I just happened to re-listen to this podcast http://180radio.com/180degreehealth-8-dont-supplement-vitamin-d-youre-heard/ and I think I must have paid more attention this time because his arguments seemed more persuasive.
I also found this article which made similar points http://www.precisionnutrition.com/stop-vitamin-d
My take away from this is that if you do supplement with vitamin d you need to also supplement Vitamin K, A, and Magnesium. Also very high levels of vitamin d are very dangerous.
Smith makes the point that if you did over supplement your vitamin D (especially without the other supps), you need to stop for a while and let your soft tissue de-calcify before starting up again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals