Vitamin D3 and Calcification

P

Peatness

Jon2547

Perry typed exactly what I was going to.

I don't give much credibility to Blackburn.

OP
CiggyTardust

CiggyTardust

Thanks, I'll dig through the thread. I can say Matt's work has been super helpful to me. He turned me on to Dr. Peat.

peter88

I wouldn’t take him very seriously.. he’s “anti vitamin d” then continues to shill his supplement brand

OP
CiggyTardust

CiggyTardust

I wouldn’t take him very seriously.. he’s “anti vitamin d” then continues to shill his supplement brand
To be fair I've seen him tell people what kind of vitamin E to purchase, that it didn't need to be his brand... I do think he genuinely wants to help people.

One thing I've seen over and over again is that people on the internet will always criticize and attack others who are actually doing things. And the problem is... people are human and imperfect so it's easy to do. Maybe rather than attack his ideas because he sells supplements, we can examine the ideas and see if they have any merit? I personally respect what he's doing even though I don't take his word as gospel (or anyone's for that matter apart from Christ Himself).

TheSir

Wouldn't be surprised if legitimate. Considering the extent to which mainstream medicine glorifies D3 supplementation, I'm inclined to stay as far away from it as possible.

peter88

To be fair I've seen him tell people what kind of vitamin E to purchase, that it didn't need to be his brand... I do think he genuinely wants to help people.

One thing I've seen over and over again is that people on the internet will always criticize and attack others who are actually doing things. And the problem is... people are human and imperfect so it's easy to do. Maybe rather than attack his ideas because he sells supplements, we can examine the ideas and see if they have any merit? I personally respect what he's doing even though I don't take his word as gospel (or anyone's for that matter apart from Christ Himself).
Watch this and then make up your mind

Don

I find Matt one of the most helpful out there and like his info alot. Danny and Georgi too. Matt is good about having guests he doesnt always agree with and clearly states he likes others who disagree with him.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
From Danny's Telegram

Attachments

• jimgeorgi.jpg
    jimgeorgi.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 155

youngsinatra

It might be my personal bias, but I feel a lot better without vitamin D3 supplementation.
I cannot tolerate much calcium at all, feel achy, cold, irritable, stressed, tensed muscles and often have bladder pain (potentially passing kidney stones?) with D3, even with magnesium and K2 in place.
After a few days of discontinuing D3 the symptoms go away and I can tolerate calcium better.

OP
CiggyTardust

CiggyTardust

From Danny's Telegram
This communication is a bit disjointed and hard to follow. What's the point? Not exactly good communication from whoever is attacking...

Also, I listened to the Vit D debate. Honestly I wasn't impressed by Blackburn's position at all... but I see he's basically adopted Trevor Marshall's position on D3. I don't expect he would be able to defend it as well as Marshall but overall it just wasn't a persuasive argument to me. I can say I've heard Peat describe Marshall's position as... overly reductionistic maybe? I don't want to put words in his mouth but that was my takeaway--essentially Marshall comes from an engineering background and Peat's assessment of his view on cellular function/receptors left me skeptical of that whole camp.

aniciete

Do you still follow Matt’s work? I’ve found his recommendation of magnesium bicarbonate very helpful, but I’m skeptical of the rest. I’ve tried to make high doses of vitamin e and k2 work but it always ends up causing issues. Ive never had success taking any of the fat solubles and really believe taking fat solubles vitamins isn’t safe in the long run.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Do you still follow Matt’s work? I’ve found his recommendation of magnesium bicarbonate very helpful, but I’m skeptical of the rest. I’ve tried to make high doses of vitamin e and k2 work but it always ends up causing issues. Ive never had success taking any of the fat solubles and really believe taking fat solubles vitamins isn’t safe in the long run.
+1 (except D)

youngsinatra

No I don‘t. Matt Blackburn aligned himself with Morley Robbins and Atom Bergstrom, which I don‘t recommend following. Morley vitamin A-heavy and copper-laden diet is not safe in my opinion. I disagree with Atom Bergstrom‘s philosophy on sugar being a super-food and PUFA the devil.

Right now I am experimenting with no fat soluble supplements.

Vanset

No I don‘t. Matt Blackburn aligned himself with Morley Robbins and Atom Bergstrom, which I don‘t recommend following. Morley vitamin A-heavy and copper-laden diet is not safe in my opinion. I disagree with Atom Bergstrom‘s philosophy on sugar being a super-food and PUFA the devil.

Right now I am experimenting with no fat soluble supplements.
i have two questions if u don't mind. have u ceased vit d supplementation and what is your daily calcium intake. thanks

youngsinatra

i have two questions if u don't mind. have u ceased vit d supplementation and what is your daily calcium intake. thanks
Sure. I have a vitamin D of around 90 ng/ml at the moment and I want it a bit lower from now on, around 50ng/ml ideally.

I haven‘t seen benefits of that high vitamin D levels and my calcium tolerance is low at that level, so I want to pause for 2 months to let it drop to around 50ng/ml so that I can enjoy calcium-rich stuff in higher quantities. :)