Vitamin D2 Mushrooms In The United States

Lejeboca

I make my own vitamin D fortified mushrooms: I cut white-button mushrooms and leave them under the sun-- on a plate covered with plastic wrap--for 10+ minutes right before cooking them. Usually, I leave them for an hour or so, so that they start "sun cooking" :):.

OP
michael94

michael94

UV rays break down various substances. Why not vitamin D?
Ohh, well in the mushrooms the UV lights are what cause the mushrooms to synthesize Vitamin D2. If you get mushrooms that are grown in nature and get sunlight they also are high in vitamin d2.

picture below
17010VitD.png

orewashin

Ohh, well in the mushrooms the UV lights are what cause the mushrooms to synthesize Vitamin D2. If you get mushrooms that are grown in nature and get sunlight they also are high in vitamin d2.

picture below
17010VitD.png
I know that, but I asked why the vitamin D doesn’t break down from UV rays. Most vitamins break down when exposed to sunlight.

OP
michael94

michael94

I know that, but I asked why the vitamin D doesn’t break down from UV rays. Most vitamins break down when exposed to sunlight.
Well if all the vitamin D was directly on the surface of the mushroom it might ( I don't know if UV lights actually break down Vitamin D ), but since the Vitamin D is synthesized in response to the light by the mushroom, it is spread throughout the mushroom structure and isn't hit by the UV light in a way that would destroy it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals