Vitamin D makes nipples hurt

laleto12

Question in the title?
Why could this be?

My level came up pretty low (which it always has been) so I started supplementing Vitamin D in oral and transdermal routes however after couple of days it started to give me nipple problems. (This brand never gave me problems in the past. It just has vitamin d3 and extra virgin olive oil)

21 years old Male btw.

L

LauriePartridge

Question in the title?
Why could this be?

My level came up pretty low (which it always has been) so I started supplementing Vitamin D in oral and transdermal routes however after couple of days it started to give me nipple problems. (This brand never gave me problems in the past. It just has vitamin d3 and extra virgin olive oil)

21 years old Male btw.
too much vitamin D gives me breast pain. You have to be really careful with it, I think it's possible it has estrogenic effects in excess.

Dr. B

too much vitamin D gives me breast pain. You have to be really careful with it, I think it's possible it has estrogenic effects in excess.
what brand are you guys using
Question in the title?
Why could this be?

21 years old Male btw.
what brand
i dont think it happens even with higher doses... does your vitamin d have PUFA oil or anything like that. ive taken large amounts, 20000IU or more and not gotten any breast pains
did you have the same diet and environment for that day?

x30001

Question in the title?
Why could this be?

21 years old Male btw.
Vitamin d3 is a modulator of hormones in a sense. The feeling you’re getting is some type of action on your mammary glands.

Not sure if the d3 is causing estrogen or prolactin to bind to receptors they typically shouldn’t. And not sure if it’s even the d3 causing that sensation.

But the sensitivity is 100% hormones acting on your mammary glands. I haven’t felt sensitivity like that since I got gyno surgery.

Maybe try eliminating supplements until you feel less sensitive nipples.

I always felt more sensitivity in my nipples the more ***t I took (even when adding p5p which is supposed to lower prolactin and sensitivity).

Dr. B

Vitamin d3 is a modulator of hormones in a sense. The feeling you’re getting is some type of action on your mammary glands.

Not sure if the d3 is causing estrogen or prolactin to bind to receptors they typically shouldn’t. And not sure if it’s even the d3 causing that sensation.

But the sensitivity is 100% hormones acting on your mammary glands. I haven’t felt sensitivity like that since I got gyno surgery.

Maybe try eliminating supplements until you feel less sensitive nipples.

I always felt more sensitivity in my nipples the more ***t I took (even when adding p5p which is supposed to lower prolactin and sensitivity).
ive tried all kinds of supplements, some hormones...

from what i remember, nothing gave me nipple sensitivity/etc besides ginseng, pregnenolone, dhea, iodine, and even T3 surprisingly... I think the iodine/t3 due to having some effect on thyroid hormone, indirectly decreasing estrogen clearance or something
theres probably a couple other random herbs, i think tribulus, which also caused that nipple sensitivity feeling
d3 does nothing, maybe even reduces nipple sensitivity...

was your p5p supplement pure p5p or a mixture of things

x30001

ive tried all kinds of supplements, some hormones...

from what i remember, nothing gave me nipple sensitivity/etc besides ginseng, pregnenolone, dhea, iodine, and even T3 surprisingly... I think the iodine/t3 due to having some effect on thyroid hormone, indirectly decreasing estrogen clearance or something
theres probably a couple other random herbs, i think tribulus, which also caused that nipple sensitivity feeling
d3 does nothing, maybe even reduces nipple sensitivity...

was your p5p supplement pure p5p or a mixture of things
Pure p5p. What I’m trying to say is, the more supplements and more combos I tried, the more sensitive I felt. Even when I added sups that were recommended, like p5p. I suggest you try eliminating everything until you feel a reduction in sensitivity.

I feel like some supplements can enhance sensitivity and gyno development (in my case it was Chrysin which I used to try and reduce estrogen as it’s an AI).

Have you been taking sups or changing diet lifestyle to increase T levels?

There’s a possibility you’re gyno prone and an increase in T and subsequent E levels over the past months might’ve caused some activity at the mammary gland receptor sites, and that’s why you feel the sensitivity.

The d3 may have been an influence if you managed to pump up your hormone levels through supplementation.

Dr. B

Pure p5p. What I’m trying to say is, the more supplements and more combos I tried, the more sensitive I felt. Even when I added sups that were recommended, like p5p. I suggest you try eliminating everything until you feel a reduction in sensitivity.

I feel like some supplements can enhance sensitivity and gyno development (in my case it was Chrysin which I used to try and reduce estrogen as it’s an AI).

Have you been taking sups or changing diet lifestyle to increase T levels?

There’s a possibility you’re gyno prone and an increase in T and subsequent E levels over the past months might’ve caused some activity at the mammary gland receptor sites, and that’s why you feel the sensitivity.

The d3 may have been an influence if you managed to pump up your hormone levels through supplementation.

im not the OP, I thankfully dont seem to have an issue with gyno, even with poor thyroid function, the only times ive had issues with nipple pains has been using those specific supplements and trying a specific raw milk one time. 10000 IU vitamin d3 doses dont cause nipple issues for me

L

LauriePartridge

what brand are you guys using

what brand
i dont think it happens even with higher doses... does your vitamin d have PUFA oil or anything like that. ive taken large amounts, 20000IU or more and not gotten any breast pains
did you have the same diet and environment for that day?
I rarely supplement anymore because I can't tolerate the effects. when I do, I use small amounts of IdeaLabs (topical) and Seeking health (oral in olive oil) I find conflicting research about Vit D's effects on hormones and there is some that suggests it can increase estrogen. I also notice I can tolerate it better if I get it from the sun and significantly increase my vitamin A alongside it. I don't seem to have as much trouble if I do this. I think Vit D is really essential but it also depends on its individual effects at any given time which could be influenced by a lot of other factors like diet and environment and overall health. When I had the worst reactions, I hardly had any vit A and a lot of Vit D - and so I think it competes with A and you have to be really careful to balance the two.

it doesnt mess you up, you are just taking it wrong / too much. look up its effect on estrogen and breasts and proper dosage. try the d / iodine / magnesium trifecta and make sure you are getting some c and b each day too.
i take d , spray mag oil and take mag citrate , and do 2 drops of nacent iodine a day. i got rid of all weird breast stuff.

Dr. B

it doesnt mess you up, you are just taking it wrong / too much. look up its effect on estrogen and breasts and proper dosage. try the d / iodine / magnesium trifecta and make sure you are getting some c and b each day too.
i take d , spray mag oil and take mag citrate , and do 2 drops of nacent iodine a day. i got rid of all weird breast stuff.
used 3mg potassium iodide once a week for 6 weeks, alongside 200mcg selenium, 1gram vitamin c, maybe around 30mg niacin, 30mg niacinamide, salt from diet.
put on 21 pounds, hair started shedding, nipples actually got more sensitive (poor thyroid leading to poor estrogen clearance likely), balls shrank. it definitely can have some severe anti thyroid/pro autoimmune effects. my eyes and mouth also got significantly dried, eyes shrunk, and i actually tested positive for sjogrens, literally 2 months after stopping iodine supplements.
magnesium citrate has all kinds of issues on its own, which have been discussed on other threads...