Vitamin D Is An Immunosupressive Hormone (Marshall Protocol)

Agent207

You should specify "D supplements can be..." what an awful and misleading title.

ATP

If microbial cells outnumber human cells by a factor of 10:1, and are extremely varied from person to person, what does that mean for our health? They can be in every part of the human body.

I wonder if people would be more susceptible disease with more or less microbial cells? Do they serve a beneficial function?

Waynish

Ya this is an obnoxious title. Sucrose can suppress the immune system...

Peater Piper

The idea that Vitamin D could be immunosuppressant a la omega 3's is interesting. I do find the idea that certain pathogens attack the VDR questionable. Back when I had acute Lyme I researched the Marshall Protocol and the evidence was lacking, imo.

Peater Piper

So they're placing the blame on the vitamin D in fortified milk.

"The men were followed for three decades. At that point, 128 men had developed Parkinson’s. But… cue drum roll… the risk of Parkinson’s disease increased as the amount of milk consumed each day rose. Heavy milk drinkers, who drank more than 16 oz a day, were 2.3 times more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease than those men who didn’t drink any milk. Milk was related to PD whether it was whole or skim."

"The powerful secosteroid incorrectly labelled “vitamin” D seems like an extremely logical culprit for the rise in PD amongst subjects drinking higher amounts of milk. As described in this recent paper, vitamin D’s steroidal properties allow it slow the innate immune response. While this allows for palliation and symptom reduction in the short-term, it causes chronic bacteria that very likely contribute to the progression of PD to proliferate more easily."

I find that questionable. Two glasses of milk would amount to about 200 IU of vitamin D. If that little D was causing problems, one would think increased sun exposure would increase Parkinson's risk, but it's generally been found to be either protective or neutral.

aliciahere

hmmm, makes me wonder if "vitamin D" would be beneficial in large doses for a temporary period during an autoimmune flare. Going by the logic in this video, it would suppress the immune system. Once the flare was over, reduce it to a small dose.

OP
achillea

achillea

We really thought the forum was for posing info and receiving response from others who are interested in health like Peater Piper giving the input about having investigated the Marshall Plan and found it lacking .
Alls we are trying to do is to live a healthful life. It is worth looking into other sides, contrary sides and conflicting sides of matters to do with self health or else you can become dogmatic and may miss something of importance.
As it turns out Dr Marshall is an electrical engineer and the reason he started with this is because he was ailing. And Dr. Blaney just died of cancer which may have been low D. This is not to say it is wrong as it seems to help some people.
Personally for now we are going to keep our D up to Peat standards.
But what about D levels and infection, like lyme or mycoplasma ?

Peater Piper

We really thought the forum was for posing info and receiving response from others who are interested in health like Peater Piper giving the input about having investigated the Marshall Plan and found it lacking .
Keep in mind I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but what turned me away from it is that almost all information about the Marshall Protocol is from Marshall himself or a few sites dedicated to the protocol, so I'm concerned about bias, and the entire thing sounds a little too good to be true. It's a difficult plan to follow, so I'd like to be certain about the efficacy before undertaking it, but there are some people that rave about their good results. There does seem to be people that respond very well to vitamin D supplementation, and others that find it problematic, and there still isn't really a general consensus on how high vitamin D levels should even be. There's even debate over whether 25(OH)D, or 1,25-D should me measured.

I need to look more into D and Lyme. To now I've just been relying on sunlight in the warmer months for D (and my levels do go up without much trouble) assuming my body would get it right. Now I'm not so sure. Thanks for giving me something to look into. I did supplement 2k IU a day years ago and never noticed a difference one way or another.

Waynish

There isn't a lot of disambiguation in the Peat community between "suppressing the immune system" and "factors which cause an immune system not to be over active / over reactive" (autoimmune issues). Autoimmune and Vit D deficiency have significant correlations everywhere in the world.

Makafre

Vitamin D is absolutely not an immunosuppressor hormone, it's a immunomodulator, which is totally different. It modulates and does not suppresses it. Two different concepts.

Kyle Bigman

hmmm, makes me wonder if "vitamin D" would be beneficial in large doses for a temporary period during an autoimmune flare. Going by the logic in this video, it would suppress the immune system. Once the flare was over, reduce it to a small dose.
Could make it worse longterm though.

Kyle Bigman

Vitamin D is absolutely not an immunosuppressor hormone, it's a immunomodulator, which is totally different. It modulates and does not suppresses it. Two different concepts.
So, modulates in what direction? Suppressing or enhancing? I assume it is "changing" the immune system somehow, but in what sense? For better or worse?

Makafre

So, modulates in what direction? Suppressing or enhancing? I assume it is "changing" the immune system somehow, but in what sense? For better or worse?
It basically makes it stay quiet and not over react (e.g. not fighting our own body). That is how autoimmune diseases stay in remission.

burtlancast

"More than this, vitamin D strengthens the capacity of the immune system to react against viruses, bacteria, like the Tb bacillus.

The ability of our immune system to react against these micro-organisms is strengthened by the supply of vitamin D.

It' s already well-known in the scientific community that those who have tuberculosis need a supply of vitamin D so that the anti-tuberculosis effects can be more effective.

Moreover, it' s well-known also that the HIV carriers patients, for instance, or hepatitis C virus carriers too, they both need to be supplemented with strong doses, and not with daily doses internationally "recommended", but, on the contrary, of a physiological amount of 10.000 units a day, so that hepatitis C virus doesn't cause too many damages in the liver, as it
would be if there was a deficiency of vitamin D.

The same thing happens for the other examples of HIV and tuberculosis."

The Science Behind The Coimbra Protocol

Dr. B

"More than this, vitamin D strengthens the capacity of the immune system to react against viruses, bacteria, like the Tb bacillus.

The ability of our immune system to react against these micro-organisms is strengthened by the supply of vitamin D.

It' s already well-known in the scientific community that those who have tuberculosis need a supply of vitamin D so that the anti-tuberculosis effects can be more effective.

Moreover, it' s well-known also that the HIV carriers patients, for instance, or hepatitis C virus carriers too, they both need to be supplemented with strong doses, and not with daily doses internationally "recommended", but, on the contrary, of a physiological amount of 10.000 units a day, so that hepatitis C virus doesn't cause too many damages in the liver, as it
would be if there was a deficiency of vitamin D.

The same thing happens for the other examples of HIV and tuberculosis."

The Science Behind The Coimbra Protocol
It basically makes it stay quiet and not over react (e.g. not fighting our own body). That is how autoimmune diseases stay in remission.
There isn't a lot of disambiguation in the Peat community between "suppressing the immune system" and "factors which cause an immune system not to be over active / over reactive" (autoimmune issues). Autoimmune and Vit D deficiency have significant correlations everywhere in the world.

i think vitamin D is actually immune stimulatory? the autoimmune and vit deficiency correlation is because the low vitamin D is intentionally done by the body, to stop the autoimmunity. i think the widespread push in the last few years for vitamin D is similar to how mainstream advice is intentionally harmful and damaging. and I dont think sunlight on the entire body is really that healthy or desirable either especially on a high dairy diet. the northern europeans were apparently just as healthy if not more healthy than the maasai. and the diets are similar like beef blood, raw meat, dairy. im not sure about honey. but that means the sunlight isnt doing much if anythin since the europeans got little sunlight, maasai got a lot, yet their health is similar because of the same diet basically.
all my autoimmune symptoms actually improve using a small 1g fish oil dosage. they all get worse from vitamin E, and vitamin D3. im still confirming the D3. but vitamin E is the worst, i cant use it daily. i use it once a month and limit pufa. i think vitamin E actually boosts D levels indirectly because of its depletionary effects on K, which is a balance with D. so if you take something to lower vitamin K, like vitamin E, then youre basically boosting D. and I think the anti K effects of vitamin D and E can explain why some people get negative effects on bone or teeth from supplementing with vitamin D or E. supplementing D also depletes A, and decreasing K boosts D which also means A is getting utilized faster. So basically vitamin E has both an anti K and anti A effect, just as vitamin D does. that means long term usage of either can cause issues. i dont know if its really as just adding in a A or K supplement to counteract it either.

what do u think of this thread? im still confirming D, but seriously, D3 seems to cause horrific effects like fatigue, joint pain, hair loss for me. which implies its immune stimulatory, and the low levels in autoimmune patients are intentional. autoimmunity is correlated with damage to the body according to Peat. Peats said vitamin D makes it easier to tan. sunlight darkens the skin which is essentially damaging/burning it. so I think D being correlated with autoimmunity makes a lot of sense. its also considered anti viral and being recommended for covid and other diseases isnt it. that means it certainly cant be immune suppressive otherwise it would have similar effects to cortisol users and would actually increase the damage from viruses etc?

i have extensive experience with it because I used a multivitamin which contained 400 Iu D3, 5000 IU vitamin A, plus about 400IU d3 from milk, daily for 3 years. I had some metabolic issues at the time but not too bad. I added in 5000 Iu d3 and got lots of benefits. continued the 5k IU A, added 5k Iu D3, so they were basically 1:1 ratio since milk had some A as well. i got major benefits from adding in d3 alongside 1g fish oil. that lasted about 2 years. i continued the stack for a long time. eventually I stopped the A multi since it had iron, but continued the D3 and even bumped it up to 10,000 IU. that caused severe issues