Vitamin D Inhibits Serotonin Reuptake [SERT], Inhibits Serotonin Degradation [MAO], And Increases Se

Cirion

I feel terrible when I take vit D orally but I have no problem with topically applied VitD

That actually makes sense. Vitamin D is SUPPOSED to be formed/flow from the skin, as normally its produced from exposure to sunlight. Where do you get your topical vitamin D from?

japanesedude

my bodytemp gets increased after I applied it on inner elbow or shoulder. 1 drop is usually enough but applying 2 drops on inner elbow is like taking thyroids.

baccheion

I am never taking Vitamin D EVER AGAIN after reading this.

I am literally mind blown:

http://www.medicinabiomolecular.com.br/biblioteca/pdfs/Biomolecular/mb-0439.pdf
I don't understand. What serum level is sufficient according to them? Is the immune suppression the lowering of PTH? PTH and active/1,25-D vitamin D are inflammatory.

There's a theory that vitamin D deficiency is really insufficient magnesium. Further, growth hormone has been shown to increase vitamin D. Someone could always tend to deficiencies and heavy-metal/toxin excess, then see where they are.

baccheion

Don't you need more if you are taking k2?
What about 100 IU per kg, so maybe 8000iu, 8500iu etc
Vitamin D3 needs K2 not the other way around. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4 shows the minimum MK-4 per 10 units of vitamin D3. At serum levels below 50 ng/mL, sufficient magnesium alone is enough (ie, no explicit need for K2).

Enough D3 is still taken to maintain sufficiency or whatever level is being targeted.

BigChad

Vitamin D3 needs K2 not the other way around. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4 shows the minimum MK-4 per 10 units of vitamin D3. At serum levels below 50 ng/mL, sufficient magnesium alone is enough (ie, no explicit need for K2).

Enough D3 is still taken to maintain sufficiency or whatever level is being targeted.

I thought k2 depletes calcium so with higher k2 doses, important to add more d3

BigChad

Is that reliable info. Basically vitamin d3 is immunosuppressive like fish oil?

baccheion

I thought k2 depletes calcium so with higher k2 doses, important to add more d3
Just need to maintain 25(OH)D serum with K2. Maybe that requires more D3. Beyond that, less calcium means a need for more calcium from food/supplements.

BigChad

Just need to maintain 25(OH)D serum with K2. Maybe that requires more D3. Beyond that, less calcium means a need for more calcium from food/supplements.

I see, I thought vitamin d increases calcium absorption and phosphorus excretion so one method would be to increase D intake in addition to calcium.
Do you know why 25(OH)D serum needs to be maintained with K2, and would that be done via d3 alone, or sunlight, anything else?
Which calcium supps, ive heard good and bad things about carbonate

baccheion

I see, I thought vitamin d increases calcium absorption and phosphorus excretion so one method would be to increase D intake in addition to calcium.
Do you know why 25(OH)D serum needs to be maintained with K2, and would that be done via d3 alone, or sunlight, anything else?
Which calcium supps, ive heard good and bad things about carbonate
Maintaining serum 25(OH)D has nothing to do with K2. That's just something that's done. On the other hand, K2 results in lower 25(OH)D in some cases.

If serum is maintained, serum calcium will also be maintained. Calcium is supplemented (if enough isn't already in diet) to prevent bones being broken down to normalize serum. Magnesium and thyroid hormone increase calcitonin, buffering against bone breakdown. Magnesium is said to also lower phosphorus.

BigChad

Maintaining serum 25(OH)D has nothing to do with K2. That's just something that's done. On the other hand, K2 results in lower 25(OH)D in some cases.

If serum is maintained, serum calcium will also be maintained. Calcium is supplemented (if enough isn't already in diet) to prevent bones being broken down to normalize serum. Magnesium and thyroid hormone increase calcitonin, buffering against bone breakdown. Magnesium is said to also lower phosphorus.

does magnesium lower calcium as well.
I don't get your first part. Maintaining serum 25 OHd has nothing to do with k2, but k2 results in lower 25ohd in some cases?
what needs to be done to ensure 25 OHD is maintained.

and if vitamin K reduces iodine/thyroid hormone uptake wouldnt it make hypothyroid people more hypo, and wouldnt it make everyone hypo unless they megadosed iodine alongside the k or something

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals