Vitamin D Inhibits Serotonin Reuptake [SERT], Inhibits Serotonin Degradation [MAO], And Increases Se

baccheion

does magnesium lower calcium as well.
I don't get your first part. Maintaining serum 25 OHd has nothing to do with k2, but k2 results in lower 25ohd in some cases?
what needs to be done to ensure 25 OHD is maintained.

and if vitamin K reduces iodine/thyroid hormone uptake wouldnt it make hypothyroid people more hypo, and wouldnt it make everyone hypo unless they megadosed iodine alongside the k or something
Take a sufficient/normal/usual/typical amount of D3. Nothing excessive is required. K sometimes results in lower serum 25(OH)D, but it's not common.

Vitamin K's effect on thyroid may not be relevant, especially if taking only a few milligrams or less.

BigChad

Take a sufficient/normal/usual/typical amount of D3. Nothing excessive is required. K sometimes results in lower serum 25(OH)D, but it's not common.

Vitamin K's effect on thyroid may not be relevant, especially if taking only a few milligrams or less.

where did you learn about K2 inhibiting iodine and thyroid hormone uptake? That sounds like the exact thing that things like niacin (above rda amounts) and iodine (larger amounts) do. the iodine protocol for example has the megadose of niacin and selenium, but if you take those doses of niacin and selenium without iodine you go hypothyroid.

vitamin K only has like a 90mcg daily value so I wonder if the 5mg, 10mg, 15mg mk4 amounts would worsen thyroid condition.

one other thing regarding K2, it effectively "allows" you to safely megadose D3. People who megadose D3, take it alongside K2 to reduce risks and health problems. I've noted the same myself. Even with 5000Iu vitamin A intake, I can handle vitamin D3 in 5500 - 6000IU no problem (without any vitamin E or K), yet if I bump the d3 up to 7000Iu or 8000Iu I started getting kidney stone symptoms. With mk7 and mk4 in 100mcg+ and 2mg+ it seems like you can bump d3 up as high as you want and not get any kidney stone type symptoms. It might cause an electrolyte imbalance or some other mineral/vitamin imbalance but as far as kidney stones or damage, the vitamin K seems to prevent that from large D3 doses.

D3 megadosing is interesting cuz it supposedly lowers myostatin. I'm not sure what the optimal amount of d3 would be for that.

baccheion

where did you learn about K2 inhibiting iodine and thyroid hormone uptake? That sounds like the exact thing that things like niacin (above rda amounts) and iodine (larger amounts) do. the iodine protocol for example has the megadose of niacin and selenium, but if you take those doses of niacin and selenium without iodine you go hypothyroid.

vitamin K only has like a 90mcg daily value so I wonder if the 5mg, 10mg, 15mg mk4 amounts would worsen thyroid condition.

one other thing regarding K2, it effectively "allows" you to safely megadose D3. People who megadose D3, take it alongside K2 to reduce risks and health problems. I've noted the same myself. Even with 5000Iu vitamin A intake, I can handle vitamin D3 in 5500 - 6000IU no problem (without any vitamin E or K), yet if I bump the d3 up to 7000Iu or 8000Iu I started getting kidney stone symptoms. With mk7 and mk4 in 100mcg+ and 2mg+ it seems like you can bump d3 up as high as you want and not get any kidney stone type symptoms. It might cause an electrolyte imbalance or some other mineral/vitamin imbalance but as far as kidney stones or damage, the vitamin K seems to prevent that from large D3 doses.

D3 megadosing is interesting cuz it supposedly lowers myostatin. I'm not sure what the optimal amount of d3 would be for that.
I don't remember where I saw the thyroid-K connection. It also mentioned something regarding clotting activity.

100 mcg MK-7 for each 5,000-10,000 IU D3 if using MK-7 rather than MK-4.

One megadose D3 protocol for penis enlargement used just 100 mcg MK-7 (, B-25 complex, and magnesium lotion) with 50,000 IU D3 for 3-6 months. At that extreme, excess calcium would have to be avoided and serum calcium checked regularly.

BigChad

I don't remember where I saw the thyroid-K connection. It also mentioned something regarding clotting activity.

100 mcg MK-7 for each 5,000-10,000 IU D3 if using MK-7 rather than MK-4.

One megadose D3 protocol for penis enlargement used just 100 mcg MK-7 (, B-25 complex, and magnesium lotion) with 50,000 IU D3 for 3-6 months. At that extreme, excess calcium would have to be avoided and serum calcium checked regularly.

this was oral doses? so D3 actually works for penis enlargement? what were the results
what if you did 8700Iu d3, 4400Iu A everyday, along with 1.5mg MK4 four times a week, 300mcg MK7 four times a week, and 15mg MK4 three times a week, but for 10+ years instead of a few months

Last edited:

baccheion

this was oral doses? so D3 actually works for penis enlargement? what were the results
what if you did 8700Iu d3, 4400Iu A everyday, along with 1.5mg MK4 four times a week, 300mcg MK7 four times a week, and 15mg MK4 three times a week, but for 10+ years instead of a few months
Oral doses. High amounts are needed. See the study. Average 0.4-0.5" gain. Unsure if the study was legit.

BigChad

Oral doses. High amounts are needed. See the study. Average 0.4-0.5" gain. Unsure if the study was legit.

in 3 to 6 months thats pretty extreme. why not use more k2 mk4 with that d3 dose in order to sustain it for years? few mg mk4 should be enough

baccheion

in 3 to 6 months thats pretty extreme. why not use more k2 mk4 with that d3 dose in order to sustain it for years? few mg mk4 should be enough
I believe the study showed a slow down. Half as much growth in the second 3 months compared to the first. With enough MK-4 (or MK-7), 300 IU/kg could be taken for a while.

The author apparently has been taking 50,000 IU for 18 months now. That doesn't phase me, as I did more for about the same amount of time (100k, 60k, and then 90k).

Kingpinguin

Vitamin D makes you anxoiys when blood levels get too high. Its an NMDA agonist through calcium activating the receptors. NMDA agonism is not a desirable thing and its a sign you should stop taking vitamin D and that you’re levels likely are good. Too high vitamin D can likely cause neuronal death by over stimulation just as we know that it can cause seizures, coma and even death. Thats in very high doses though and ingestion of those doses tends to be because of manufacturing errors. Magnesium is a well known NMDA antagonist so that why magnesium seems to calm down help ease tve symptoms of a overdose.

baccheion

Vitamin D makes you anxoiys when blood levels get too high. Its an NMDA agonist through calcium activating the receptors. NMDA agonism is not a desirable thing and its a sign you should stop taking vitamin D and that you’re levels likely are good. Too high vitamin D can likely cause neuronal death by over stimulation just as we know that it can cause seizures, coma and even death. Thats in very high doses though and ingestion of those doses tends to be because of manufacturing errors. Magnesium is a well known NMDA antagonist so that why magnesium seems to calm down help ease tve symptoms of a overdose.
How high? 50,000 IU/day can be fine for a long time at a 1:2:2 calcium:phosphorus:magnesium ratio, with phosphorus at ~800-1,200 mg. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4 (and ~100 mcg MK-7).

Candeias

I believe the study showed a slow down. Half as much growth in the second 3 months compared to the first. With enough MK-4 (or MK-7), 300 IU/kg could be taken for a while.

The author apparently has been taking 50,000 IU for 18 months now. That doesn't phase me, as I did more for about the same amount of time (100k, 60k, and then 90k).

Could you mention who is the author of this protocol?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals