Vitamin D Defficiency And No Possibility To Lay In The Sun. What Can I Do?

IWishIWasRich

I have a vitamin D defficiency or at least that's what my OH25 marker results said. The 1,25 marker was on range but on the lower end, so I assume I would benefit from elevated vitamin D specially now in the winter.

The problem: I have heard vitamin D supplementation can be worse due VDR saturation

So what options do I have? Should I buy one of these UV narrowband lamps and lay in there for 5 minutes every couple of days or something?

I think vitamin D is extremely important, however like I said before, I dont know how to supplement it without screwing things up in the process.

Velve921

Increase calcium to phosphorus ratio to maximize vitamin d absorption.

There's articles on FunctionalPS on this topic... I personally witnessed this effect on myself. My OH25 skyrocketed once doing a 1 to 1 ca:p ratio.

Now, on a different note, in my experience with my athletes and myself, the vitamin D is obviously an important function, however, I go by what I anecdotally feel. I've never felt better from specifically maximizing vitamin d.

From a dietary and lifestyle stand point, I found adjusting my calcium and phosphorous to be a great angle in this category. As far as specifics to sunlight replication, red light is still by far under rated with the positive metabolic effects from sunlight.

OP
I

IWishIWasRich

Sperti lamp
Do you have experience that model? how does that product compare with something like this?

4x PL-L 36W/01 LAMP, ECZEMA, VITILIGO, UVB 311nm, VITAMIN D, ACNE + TESTER MED! | eBay

I know the Philips brand but i've never heard sperti... it would be the 4 bulbs mounted similar to the sperti, I assume you mean the vitamin d model here:

Compare Our Sunlamps

I don't know which one would be best?

Also would I get a bit tan with these? my skin is really pale in winter, and im dark haired so it doesn't look good.

biggirlkisss

IWishIWasRich

if you do red light after it will reduce damage to radiation. Balance it out. More is not always better less can be not as good. Use your instincts.

Try supplementing calcitriol also called 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol an active metabolite of vitD. Calcitriol - Wikipedia

Probably its prescription only in developed countries.
Wiki says: Calcitriol is marketed as a pharmaceutical for medical use under various trade names including Rocaltrol (Roche), Calcijex (Abbott), Decostriol (Mibe, Jesalis), Vectical (Galderma), and Rolsical (Sun Pharma).

Dierlief87

I swallow supliment d3 is mct oil. is not this good? can I apply it to the skin or do you have other d3 that you apply to your skin?

Attachments

• 20181228_091156.jpg
    20181228_091156.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 8
OP
I

IWishIWasRich

Try supplementing calcitriol also called 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol an active metabolite of vitD. Calcitriol - Wikipedia

Probably its prescription only in developed countries.
Wiki says: Calcitriol is marketed as a pharmaceutical for medical use under various trade names including Rocaltrol (Roche), Calcijex (Abbott), Decostriol (Mibe, Jesalis), Vectical (Galderma), and Rolsical (Sun Pharma).

I've heard the best way possible to not saturate VDR is to use light source, so I want to buy one of these lamps, however im not sure if I should go with the sperti or with the phillips uvb narrowband bulbs:

http://www.lighting.philips.com/mai...-narrowband-pl-l-pl-s/927903400121_EU/product

Which is a better product?

Sperti lamp

any thoughts on the phillips lightbulbs?

miki14

I bought this 400w halogen lamp for 8 bucks. Halogen lamps emit light similar to sunlight including some uvb. You can also flip down the protective glass and take a 10 minute high intensity uv shower. Keep 1-2m distance, this will reduce your exposure to uvc radiation.
I find this light more stimulating & relaxing then tanning beds. You can also spend a few hours under it if you keep it beyond 1 meter distance (with the protective glass).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GARDEN-HALOGEN-FLOODLIGHT-SECURITY-OUTDOOR/dp/B00BNFCL94

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals