haidut

Forum Supporter
This study is a bit on the wild side in terms of effectiveness claims but it made it through peer reviews so I decided that it is worth posting. It also provides recommendations on optimal doses of these supplements commonly discussed on the forum. Apparently, the optimal dose of vitamin D is 400 IU daily and higher doses were actually harmful. The most effective dose for taurine was 175mg and it apparently it worked better than the 500mg dose. The optimal protocol for taurine was 175mg three times daily. People ingesting taurine not only had significantly lower oncogenic biomarkers but also significantly higher excretion of bacteria, viruses, fungi, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals. So, taurine appears to be a pretty versatile substance and a chelator as well. What is also very interesting is that this study claims that majority of cancer patients had a viral infection with HPV-16, and undoubtedly the effectiveness of taurine as cancer treatment was at least partly due to the greatly reduced viral load as a result of supplementing with the amino acid. Even more interestingly, the official page from Cancer.gov seems to corroborate the findings of the study in regards to the causative link between HPV-16 and many cancers.
HPV and Cancer

Finally, the study is apparently with human patients so it makes even more relevant. If somebody can get the full article it would be very interesting to read and see some more specific information on these optimal doses as well why higher doses were detrimental.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/cog/aetr/2016/00000041/00000001/art00003
Optimal Dose of Vitamin D3 400 I.U. for Average Adults has A Significant Anti-Cancer Effect, While Widely Used 2000 I.U. or Higher Promotes Cancer:... - PubMed - NCBI

"...During the past 10 years, the author had found that the optimal dose of Vitamin D3 400 I.U. has safe & effective anticancer effects, while commonly used 2000∼5000 I.U. of Vit. D3 often creates a 2∼3 time increase in cancer markers. We examined the concentration of Taurine in normal internal organs and in cancer using Bi-Digital O–Ring Test. We found that Taurine levels in normal tissue are 4∼6ng. But, the amount of Taurine of average normal value of 5.0∼5.25ng was strikingly reduced to 0.0025∼0.0028ng in this study of several examples in adenocarcinomas of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, colon, prostate, and lung, as well as breast cancer. The lowest Taurine levels of 0.0002∼0.0005ng were found in so called Zika virus infected babies from Brazil with microcephaly. While Vitamin D3 receptor stimulant 1α, 25 (OH)2D3 in normal tissues was 0.45∼0.53ng, they were reduced to 0.0025∼0.006ng in cancers (1/100th∼1/200th of normal value), particularly in various adenocarcinomas. All of these adenocarcinomas had about 1500ng HPV–16 viral infection. In 500 breast cancers, about 97% had HPV–16. The optimal dose of Taurine for average adult has been found to be about 175mg, rather than the widely used 500mg. In addition, since Taurine is markedly reduced to close to 1/1000th ∼ 1/2000th of its normal value in these cancer tissues, we examined the effect of the optimal dose of Taurine on cancer patients. Optimal dose of Taurine produced a very significant decrease in cancer–associated parameters, such as Oncogene C–fosAb2 & Integrin α5β1 being reduced to less than 1/1,000th, and 8–OH–dG (which increases in the presence of DNA mutation) reduced to less than 1/10th. The optimal dose of Taurine 175mg for average adult various cancer patient 3 times a day alone provide beneficial effects with very significant anti–cancer effects with strikingly increased urinary excretion of bacteria, viruses, & funguses, asbestos, toxic metals & other toxic substances. However, optimal doses of Taurine combined with optimal individualized doses of ω3 fish oil [EPA 180mg & DHA 120mg] & special cilantro tablet 3 times/day without creating harmful drug interactions among them including other essential drugs, is often extremely safe, more effective, economical & non–invasive new treatment for various cancer patients."

paymanz

there is something about vitamin d dosage , i recently think about comparision in animals and humans vitamin d level . i dont think any animal as hairless as humans ever go in direct sunlight as we go . maybe we should have cloths on us all the time , we just replaced out coat with cloths.

i dont think animals have that much vitamin d as we humans get either from sun or heavy supplements. but ray also recommends vitamin d , so i think in future maybe we find out!

taurine is widely used to treat cancer?! i didnt know that!

and 175mg is optimal dose?! wow its interesting data.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
there is something about vitamin d dosage , i recently think about comparision in animals and humans vitamin d level . i dont think any animal as hairless as humans ever go in direct sunlight as we go . maybe we should have cloths on us all the time , we just replaced out coat with cloths.

i dont think animals have that much vitamin d as we humans get either from sun or heavy supplements. but ray also recommends vitamin d , so i think in future maybe we find out!

Yeah, that study is quite interesting to say the least. The abstract makes it sound like they treated quite a few people but does not talk about survival and regression/progression of the tumors. If this is indeed legit, I think it will make quite a stir in the news.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
apparently taurine is fermentable by bacteria, so maybe that causes it.

This. Also, taurine stimulates bile acid production and too much bile acids can irritate the colon. Finally, if taurine has bactericidal effect as the study above says that can lead to bloating due to massive die off and resultant endotoxin release. But it should subside as taurine improves the colon health and overall metabolism.

Here it is...

Attachments

• Optimal Dose of Vitamin D<sub>3<-sub> 4...e Effective Method of Cancer Treatment.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 466
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Nighteyes

This paragraph from the study seems really odd.. Same effect from holding the D3 as from ingesting it?

. In just holding (In the clenched fist) the optimal dose of Vitamin D3 400 I.U., found Oncogene C-fosAb2 and Integrin α5β1 are decreased to less than 1/1000th of their values before treatment. We then had the patients consume this dose, and measured a cancerous area of the body 30 minutes later. The cancer markers showed a similar result as in the preliminary test of holding Vit. D3 400 I.U. When we gave the patients 2000~5000 I.U. Vit. D3 to hold in their clenched fist, Oncogene C-fosAb2 and Integrin α5β1 increase to 2~3 times their value. Then, we gave the patient Vit. D3 to ingest, and saw the same results, of a 2~3 times increase in Oncogene C-fosAb2 and Integrin α5β1, as when the patients held the dosage. Since these tests become repeatedly reproducible, we no longer give any dose that has an undesirable negative effect.

Also, this doesnt sound too promising if true:

If patients take the most commonly sold 500mg capsule of Taurine it is an undesirable overdose, and instead of producing an anti-cancer effect, cancer markers significantly increase

I use several grams per day

RutgerD

so the toxicity (d3) comes from the non optimal health from the liver and kidneys?

so the toxicity (d3) comes from the non optimal health from the liver and kidneys?

More than 400 to 800 units of D3 supposedly increases "cancer markers" whatever that means. The 175 mg taurine increase excretion of microbes supposedly.

Travis

OK. I read this paper. I don't think that any information presented in the paper has any foundation in truth. This may seem harsh, but I think you will agree. Omura's paper Optimal Dose of Vitamin D3 400 I.U. for Average Adults has A Significant Anti-Cancer Effect, While Widely Used 2000 I.U. or Higher Promotes Cancer starts out with...
The basic concept of our simple, reliable, method of non-invasive measurement of various molecules was first developed and confirmed at the Pupin laboratory of Graduate experimental Physics Dept. of Columbia University, where in the early part of the 20th century Professor Mihajlo Pupin discovered Electromagnetic Field (EMF) resonance phenomenon between 2 identical LC circuits at a distance. This became the foundation of modern wireless transmission of information by radio and TV.
This is true. The Serbian Professor Mihajlo Pupin at Columbia University filed a patent for wireless induction in the year 1900. Omura goes on...
The concept of which was expanded to 2 identical molecules, with identical resonance frequency and identical weight, by the 1st author.
The 1st author mentioned is Omura himself. This sounds intriging...
The basic research was performed at the experimental graduate physics department of Columbia University, and later received a US patent in 1993 [1]. The method is known as Bi-Digital O-Ring Test.
This is true. There is a patent for this, and it can be viewed here: Bi-digital O-ring test for imaging and diagnosis of internal organs of a patient. I read the patent and it seem absurd. Here are a few quotes from Omura's patent:
A method of imaging an internal organ of a patient for purposes of medical diagnosis, where a patient forms an O-ring shape with one of hands by placing the fingertips of his thumb and one of his remaining fingers together and a sample of tissue of an internal organ is placed on the patient's other hand, and the patient's internal organ is non-invasively externally probed with a probing instrument. The internal organ is the same type of organ as that of the sample. Simultaneously a tester attempts to pull apart the O-ring shape by means of the tester placing his thumb and one of the remaining fingers of each of his hands within the O-ring shape of the patient to form interlocking O-rings and pulling the thumb and the finger of the patient apart due to an electromagnetic field of the tissue of the sample interacting with an electromagnetic field of the internal organ being probed and this interaction is detected by the ability to pull apart the O-ring shape thereby permitting imaging of the boundaries of the internal organ being probed.
I don't see how this could be very accurate. You might wonder what he used as a probe?
The method further includes non-invasive external probing of an internal organ of a patient with a probing device including a rod-shaped instrument ....

FIG. 5 shows use of a light source as the probing means.

FIG. 6 shows a helium neon laser beam as the probing means at a distance of over 60 cm from the patient.
And he goes on to abuse the word "image"...
If the patient has a particular type of cancer that is the same type as that of the sample tissue in his hand, then the O-ring technique will cause his thumb and finger to be parted and accordingly the cancerous area can be imaged.
Except that he isn't actually imaging anything. He is performing voodoo. The only images of the cancerous organs are the ones in Omura's own head. Just in case you might think that I am misinterpreting this, here is a patent illustration:
US5188107-9.png

Yes. It really is that bad. He goes on, from the paper this time:
Some even try to prevent the use of this method by giving damaging, misleading information on Wikipedia without scientific basis, while hiding their true identity...
He needs to warn people that the Wiki article is misleading and full of malice; just in case anyone actually decides to go there and search for this bizarre "imaging" technique.
...since toxic drugs and supplements can be detected rapidly and non-invasively by this method. Using very strong EMF resonance phenomenon between 2 identical molecules with identical weight, we can measure many molecules non-invasively from brain, heart and other parts of the body without using expensive bulky measurement instruments...
I don't think he can. It might be possible to remotely measure concentrations with resonance but I don't see how he can do this with a neon light and a finger test.
Figures 2a to 8b are composed of photographs of stained tissue samples viewed under a light microscope. Every image has a URL from a different University. These do not appear to be his own samples. I can only imagine how he got the taurine and vitamin D concentrations.
Our previous research indicated that 97% of 500 breast cancer cases had chrysotile asbestos with smooth outline of tumor and about 2% had tremolite asbestos with irregular sawtooth-like outline....Therefore we began to use this newly discovered method of Taurine, cilantro, and ω3 fish oil to treat cancer.
Somehow all breast cancer is composed of asbestos fibers. He uses cilantro and fish oil for this.
DHEA also increased from very low amount of 0.5ng to 27ng...
He's Asian. He didn't have an editor for this paper either.
As you can see in this patient, the maximum Integrin α5β1 in the lower abdomen, which is represented by foot writing...
Foot writing? Yes. You can see the piece of paper on page 49. This guy diagnoses cancer by the lines his patients draw with their toes.
Taurine is derived from amino acid cysteine sulfur containing thiol group. In Mammalian Taurine synthesis takes place in pancreas via the cysteine sulfinic acid pathway. Taurine can be found naturally in fish & meat.
More evidence that he didn't have an editor. What he says about taurine seems to be true however. It can be synthesized by cysteine in the liver.
biosynth.gif

He fills-up a few pages with boring case studies. He then says something quite bizarre:
. However, we found that the most striking reduction was found in babies with Zika virus infection & microcephaly and Taurine was an extremely low amount of 0.0002~0.0005ng. We discovered these after analyzing 12 photographs of the Zika Virus infected babies with microcephaly reported...
So Omura arrogates the ability to determine the amount of taurine in an infant from a photograph.
A normal amount of Taurine is on average around 4~6ng and although in this article’s normal tissue, we found on average 5ng, with exceptions of 2.65ng in CMV infected non-cancer tissue with very high ANP of 420ng, in the various adenocarcinomas we examined Taurine was reduced to 0.0025~0.00275ng.
Now he is pissing me off. He uses the unit nanograms about 100 times in this paper. You would think that he is referring to concentrations in some of his broken-English quotes such as this:
DHEA also increased from very low amount of 0.5ng to 27ng and Cardiac Troponin I reduced significantly...
But he never gives units for volume in the entire paper. You would expect to see ng/L on most of these measurements but you don't. I think most serious scientists would find this unacceptable. Not like it matters for imagined concentrations anyway; he could just as well say .5 unicorns or .00275 international voodoo units.

Every single measurement in the paper lacks foundation IMO. I think the Vitamin D daily intake should be set 10x higher than 400IU.

I also think that Omura is smoking something illicit.

Last edited:

Constatine

I would guess body hair density decreased as to create more vitamin d. No adaptation is accidental or purposeless.

paymanz

I would guess body hair density decreased as to create more vitamin d. No adaptation is accidental or purposeless.
So you think humans need more vitamin d than animals and vitamin d has special functions in humans that are absent in animals?!

Peater Piper

This did get me thinking. Many animals can synthesize D in their fur and then ingest it through grooming. However, it seems that in some cases, exposure of UVB rays to fur increases endogenous D levels, even in absence of grooming. So fur and clothing may not be entirely comparable, although humans frequently have some skin exposed to direct sunlight, even when fully clothed.

Vitamin D(3) synthesis in the entire skin surface of dairy cows despite hair coverage. - PubMed - NCBI
"Hence, it appears that human clothing and cow hair are not comparable with respect to prevention of vitamin D(3) synthesis and that cows, like humans, synthesize vitamin D(3) evenly over their body surface. That vitamin D(3) should be synthesized from sebum on the hair and obtained by cows as a result of grooming is not supported by the findings in the present study either, because large differences were found between the treatment groups. If grooming were the source of vitamin D(3), then a relatively even 25(OH)D(3) concentration between treatments would be expected, because covered cows would obtain vitamin D(3) by grooming uncovered herdmates."

So you think humans need more vitamin d than animals and vitamin d has special functions in humans that are absent in animals?!
Well, even different races of humans seem to have different requirements, but I don't know how the vitamin d requirements of humans, as a whole, compare to other animals.