Vitamin D And Estrogen/progesterone

beachbum

Hello all,

I have read that vitamin d decreased estrogen by 3% progesterone by 13%. Now for me that would be not good. So not sure sure what to think and do. I also wonder if having low d that some other nutrient is surpressing it and we really my not always need to supplement even if we to get sunlight.

Just typing out my random thoughts from my gut feelings and experience.

Thank you

Agent207

25(OH) & 1,25(OH) are paramount key for heatlh. Oral d3 is NOT.

Better to get solid levels around 60ng/mL from uvb and one thing less to care.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Yes. But if you are getting sunlight for d I believe it maybe posible some other nutrient is keeping d from converting/increasing.

Thank you for your reply but I don't think you read it completely.

Agent207

Yeah I read it but I don't think is good idea to balance estrogens by moving out from optimal calcidiol levels. If really have low progesterone I would look other pathways or causes.

paymanz

Maybe in those studies they have low vitamin A levels, which is important to balance the vitamin D.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I don't think you read the whole thread and im sorry if its confusing. I did make a comment about progesterone but if you continue on down I ask if there is a nutrient that may keep d from increasing. I have read other forums where people getting plenty of sunlight and d supplements and still low d. They are also taking the other supplements to help but still they are low in d. Sorry if I sound off. I have a hard time explaining things and rample alot.

I just saw the vitamin a comment. Just to let you all know I got that study from the vitamin d council site.

Agent207

Its not just "sunlight" that gets you d3, but UV-B (a tiny part of all the spectrum) which is not always present. Depending on season, latitude and time of the day, you can get plenty or nothing of it. Surface area and skin type counts too. If this is not the problem and you sure you get proper UVB exposure, then it could be a liver problem, or kidney problem. Or a vdr problem in which case, oral d3 could worsen it even further.

Thats why its better to avoid oral d3, or at least in amounts higher than whats is usual in diet, <1000iu. VitaminD council in in the vitD supplement business, take their advice about high amounts of oral d3 with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
OP
beachbum

beachbum

Ok agent207 that makes more sense to me your explanation. What is vdr mean. I was supplementing only 1000 iu. Thank you for your patience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals