Vitamin D and COVID-19 - Chris Masterjohn AHS 2021

rockarolla

no, higher D25 means that immune system is not yet buried under chronic infections already stimulating D25 -> D1.25 -> VDR pathways leading to chronically low D25 and thus having much more resources dealing with covid without hyper infl. response.

raising D25 will bring more harm than good, since this will actually decrease the immune response and defer(similar to dexamethasone or any other steroid) it at the same time

also:

Last edited:

Peater Piper

Not sure I'd follow his protocol, he got COVID twice, so far.
Doesn't sound like he was even using his own protocol. He didn't have a protocol the first time, and then was complacent the second time and took no measures to protect himself.

Peater Piper

About mct allergy, Last year I tried an elimination diet. For frying food coconut oil, virgin coconut oil worsen my thyroid and makes the side of my lips cracked inflamed. I have been using it more than 15years and did not expect this. I tried the elimination diet based on the advise of a naturopathic doctor. When she said thyroid problems stop eating coconut milk. That is were I got the idea to stop taking coconut and its byproduct. All liquid supplements i bought has mct that i have not use again. I might try again i hope its miniscule to be symptomatic or do it transdermally.
I used to use coconut oil for cooking as well, and it took me a while to associate the bloating I was having with the virgin oil I was using. Refined was better, but still not perfect. I haven't noticed any issues with the two vitamin D caps I use per week, but it's a very small amount of oil.

Peater Piper

no, higher D25 means that immune system is not yet buried under chronic infections already stimulating D25 -> D1.25 -> VDR pathways leading to chronically low D25 and thus having much more resources dealing with covid without hyper infl. response.

raising D25 will bring more harm than good, since this will actually decrease the immune response and defer(similar to dexamethasone or any other steroid) it at the same time

also:

From the second study:

"Individuals with vitamin D deficiency were not included in the study, as such, supplements may be useful in treating those who truly lack it."

Why would they only include people who were already replete in Vitamin D and then say it doesn't help?

rockarolla

From the second study:

"Individuals with vitamin D deficiency were not included in the study, as such, supplements may be useful in treating those who truly lack it."

Why would they only include people who were already replete in Vitamin D and then say it doesn't help?

i dunno.. there is actually more than one study already with D3 showing no effect on helping Covid resolution

D3 (and D25) are both very powerfull anti inflammatory drugs(comparable to steroids) and in certain conditions they help to debug immune system confused with excessive cytokines release but my point is that ivermectin is already very good in this department + it has confirmed antiviral effect (unlike D) so i highly doubt that D3 as an add-on would be really effective and could even harm(inhibit immune system too much)

I used to use coconut oil for cooking as well, and it took me a while to associate the bloating I was having with the virgin oil I was using. Refined was better, but still not perfect. I haven't noticed any issues with the two vitamin D caps I use per week, but it's a very small amount of oil.

yes all along in the 15 years i never think coconut oil is the reason that cracked the sides of my lips and makes my thyroid hard. Never expect a naturopathic doctor will advice against coconut milk. It gave me an idea. Even the soap im now using is made from olive oil. No more coconuts for me but I want to find out if there is a test to check.

RealNeat

yes all along in the 15 years i never think coconut oil is the reason that cracked the sides of my lips and makes my thyroid hard. Never expect a naturopathic doctor will advice against coconut milk. It gave me an idea. Even the soap im now using is made from olive oil. No more coconuts for me but I want to find out if there is a test to check.
Sounds like the coconut oil is making a fat soluble deficiency like "A" worse. Other things it may be interfering with are zinc and B vitamins which both cause skin manifestations when insufficient.

it could also be the extraction method of the oil or whatever coconut product you use. I had a tremendous serotonin response to a can of coconut milk that was 100% organic and guar gum free, purely because I ate the whole can, too much fiber + fat at once is my theory.