Vitamin D and Autoimmune thyroid diseases (AITD)

J

j.

Result:

Significantly low levels of vitamin D were documented in patients with AITDs that were related to the presence of anti thyroid antibodies and abnormal thyroid function tests, suggesting the involvement of vitamin D in the pathogenesis of AITDs and the advisability of supplementation.

Link

narouz

I've never felt very sure of how much Vitamin D Peat thinks we hypos especially might need to supplement. :roll:

jnhermann

Narouz...nothing from peat on that but ive read that the body needs as much as 7000 iu a day to function properly. That seems high but there is good evidence that 5000 iu is the minimum amount that will raise levels. Depending on the deficiency 10,000 to 20,000 iu a day is perfectly safe. Vitamin d toxicity is another big pharma sham.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just got my vitamin D results:

:(

Going to start supplementing tomorrow. And this summer I plan to stay outside a lot.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jnhermann said:
Narouz...nothing from peat on that but ive read that the body needs as much as 7000 iu a day to function properly. That seems high but there is good evidence that 5000 iu is the minimum amount that will raise levels. Depending on the deficiency 10,000 to 20,000 iu a day is perfectly safe. Vitamin d toxicity is another big pharma sham.

Do you know where I could read up on that?

I have no problem supplementing big doses if I think it will be OK.

Is supplementing OK? Or should I wait for spring and go outside in the sun? Or both? Never have looked to much into the vitamin D deal, but I guess I have to now.