Vitamin C Supplements, Heavy Metal Contamination, Ray Peat

stargazer1111

By the way, I get about 750 mg of vitamin C from orange juice daily. I seem to tolerate up to a gram of supplemental C on top of this. However, when I go over this, I get fatigued and the severe upper back muscle pain I experienced on the zero carb diet returns. Eating too much fat (regardless of carb intake or the kind of fat) also causes this. I'm unsure why this happens. So, I just stick to the C I get from the OJ now.

Amazoniac

By the way, I get about 750 mg of vitamin C from orange juice daily. I seem to tolerate up to a gram of supplemental C on top of this. However, when I go over this, I get fatigued and the severe upper back muscle pain I experienced on the zero carb diet returns. Eating too much fat (regardless of carb intake or the kind of fat) also causes this. I'm unsure why this happens. So, I just stick to the C I get from the OJ now.
Have you tried to pay attention how it's affecting each trace mineral (including the useless ones) and if it can be remedied by increasing their consumption? Your diet is mainly milk and orange juice, right? I would start with copper, manganese and selenium. Chocolate milch?

stargazer1111

Chocolate causes panic attacks. I have issues with the biogenic amines, particularly histamine. They lead to tachycardia.

Cronometer shows that I get about 1.2 mg of copper which is kind of between the RDA and the optimum of 1.5 mg that I have seen in the literature.

I haven't really tried to do that with each individual metal. That seems pretty difficult to do, especially since I don't really know that it is the metals that are the cause.

It could also be increased oxalate production since this is one of the end products of vitamin C metabolism. Foods high in oxalate tend to give similar reactions. I produce much more oxalate than most people which is partly why I passed a large kidney stone at the age of 22. The large amount of calcium from the milk likely helps with that, thankfully.

Amazoniac

- Be Careful Where You Buy Your Methylene Blue

- Possible Biological and Clinical Applications of Phenothiazines

1610811758930.png

ReSTART

I was looking at cheap vitamin C and it was 1 gram capsules, the CoA said 0.7mcg lead per capsule!

Kray

Pretty sure this has been discussed, if not here, in other threads-- Quali-C. The one I use. It is supposed to be the best quality, made in Scotland, not China. Several companies use this source of vitamin C. Not sure what COA is on it but doubt lead is an issue. If you find out, please share!

InChristAlone

I was looking at cheap vitamin C and it was 1 gram capsules, the CoA said 0.7mcg lead per capsule!
Are you sure that was the amount? Or did it just say less than that ? I'm not sure what's an acceptable heavy metal content as we'd need to know like how much is a bar of chocolate and things like that. Lead is everywhere now.

ddjd

A quality organic acerola powder that is legit can be found by many suppliers, I get mine from Z Natural. One thing I have read lately is that some people are having difficulty with camu powder as a vitamin C source, and it makes me wonder if some of the natural whole food vitamin C isn't more problematic than the synthetic. Although, guys like Morley Robbins promotes the use of whole food vitamin C, saying synthetic C messes with ceruloplasmin, copper, etc. I suppose each person has to experiment to see how their body reacts. Whole food vitamins can have heavy metals as well as synthetic, so I believe you should buy from companies that do proper analysis.
im experimenting with the healthforce brand of acerola cherry extract - unfortunately it also contains tapioca starch. but it 100% has more profound effects on me than regular synthetic ascorbic acid. AND i only use quali-c vitamin c. so there is definitely some truth to what morley robbins and others say about why natural vitamin c is important.

its like it re-energises the adrenals or something. like i say i just dont get the same effects from regular AA.

cdg

im experimenting with the healthforce brand of acerola cherry extract - unfortunately it also contains tapioca starch. but it 100% has more profound effects on me than regular synthetic ascorbic acid. AND i only use quali-c vitamin c. so there is definitely some truth to what morley robbins and others say about why natural vitamin c is important.

its like it re-energises the adrenals or something. like i say i just dont get the same effects from regular AA.
You have to increase the AA to get the same effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals