Vitamin C Inducing Deeper Sleep And Vivid Dreams?

InChristAlone

Some say dreaming isn't good, but I like dreams and had them a lot as a kid so they cant be all that bad. But back then I'd get nightmares too. I have used vitamin C now for two yrs and usually have some pretty cool dreams and much less night terrors. But I think that is also because I started mouth taping at night I think my night terrors were loss of CO2 from mouth breathing or something like that. But yeah I love C.

tankasnowgod

It's possible. I've seen quite a few places that Vitamin C lowers cortisol and adrenaline, and is anti inflammatory. Any of those could have caused a deeper sleep, and possibly more vivid dreams. I have noticed when I've implemented something that improves sleep quality, dream frequency and quality also improve.

OP
J

JDreamer

Some say dreaming isn't good, but I like dreams and had them a lot as a kid so they cant be all that bad. But back then I'd get nightmares too. I have used vitamin C now for two yrs and usually have some pretty cool dreams and much less night terrors. But I think that is also because I started mouth taping at night I think my night terrors were loss of CO2 from mouth breathing or something like that. But yeah I love C.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of the CO2 loss. I've had issues with mouth breathing for a long time.

InChristAlone

Interesting. Wasn't aware of the CO2 loss. I've had issues with mouth breathing for a long time.
Yeah regulate your breathing and you can regulate your nervous system.

Frankdee20

Vitamin C is supposed to help with converting Dopamine to Norepinephrine. I’d imagine that should impede sleep, but since it does so many other things, who the hell knows

Anyone familiar with the effects of Vitamin C on sleep?

I've been taking 1000mg's of Ester-C right before bed and I've noticed I'm experiencing deeper sleep and some absolutely vivid dreams. In fact the dreams are more like adventures now rather than stressful.
I was sick and downed two packets of emergency last night oh jeez where do I begin! I had a dream that I was playing poker in a apartment for money with about ten dudes and one of them tried to stab me because I won but before he could I dived out the window into the water I guess this was France or something but the water had several baby sharks swimming full speed at me and for some reason turning right before they hit me. I woke up like HOLY CANOLI! This thread made me realize it might be the vitamin c that caused this.

InChristAlone

I was sick and downed two packets of emergency last night oh jeez where do I begin! I had a dream that I was playing poker in a apartment for money with about ten dudes and one of them tried to stab me because I won but before he could I dived out the window into the water I guess this was France or something but the water had several baby sharks swimming full speed at me and for some reason turning right before they hit me. I woke up like HOLY CANOLI! This thread made me realize it might be the vitamin c that caused this.
Was it only vitamin C? I've been on 4-8 grams for a while now and my dreams are pretty normal for me .Though maybe more sex dreams .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals