Vitamin C ESSENTIAL To Lower Prolactin?

Quelsatron

Who knows the mechanism, but between friday, saturday and sunday I had approx 1500 mg total of vitamin c and i have way more energy and better mood than usual, and it's so pronounced that it can't be a random fluctuation. I'm way more stimulated by coffee, and i think my blood sugar is better controlled, i used to have these fatigue events when i hadn't eaten for more than 6 hours, especially if I've eaten sugar, and i think I'm more resistant to those now (but it's hard to say in such a short time). The latter is why i took vit c, because it's very high in the adrenal cortex and i figured my stress hormones were too weak to support my falling blood sugar. 10/10 would recommend

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Who knows the mechanism, but between friday, saturday and sunday I had approx 1500 mg total of vitamin c and i have way more energy and better mood than usual, and it's so pronounced that it can't be a random fluctuation. I'm way more stimulated by coffee, and i think my blood sugar is better controlled, i used to have these fatigue events when i hadn't eaten for more than 6 hours, especially if I've eaten sugar, and i think I'm more resistant to those now (but it's hard to say in such a short time). The latter is why i took vit c, because it's very high in the adrenal cortex and i figured my stress hormones were too weak to support my falling blood sugar. 10/10 would recommend

Yep - these are very similar effects that I get from IV Vitamin C…
Much better energy, vigour and mood. Less fatigue. I really respond well to it.

I’ll keep doing it every 2 weeks.

Quelsatron

Yep - these are very similar effects that I get from IV Vitamin C…
Much better energy, vigour and mood. Less fatigue. I really respond well to it.

I’ll keep doing it every 2 weeks.
Great!
Though i should also mention i drank som glocken gold multivitamin juice which has like 3x the rda of b vits, carotene and vit c per 2 litera so it might be fully or partially responsible

Grapelander

DA transporter is DAT, which like SERT, takes serotonin out of the synapse where it can exert its action. So less DAT activity would technically be a good thing (?), not a bad thing because dopamine would not be transported out of the synapse as quickly. Iron is very much needed for dopamine, besides the synthesis of dopamine its very needed for dopaminergic function. Dopaminergic regions have the highest concentrations of iron.

"It has been demonstrated that nutritional iron-deficiency induced in rats results in the reduction of DA D2 receptor binding sites, leading to down-regulation of dopaminergic activity similar to that observed in neuroleptic-treated animals. The following observations are common to both conditions: (a) Decreased behavioural response to pre- and post-synaptically DA and serotonin acting drugs, amphetamine, apomorphine and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine. (b) Inhibition of amphetamine or apomorphine induced hypothermia in rats kept at an ambient temperature of 4 degrees C. (c) Increased sleeping time to phenobarbitone which cannot be attributed to the rate of drug metabolism (5,38). (d) Upregulation of prolactin binding sites in the liver as a result of increased serum prolactin. Additionally, nutritional iron-deficiency lowers brain iron and interferes with protein synthesis in this organ, which could explain the reduction of DA D2 receptor number and function. Given the fact that the highest brain concentrations of iron are found in dopaminergic structures (see 42 for review), and the essential role of intact dopaminergic systems to attentional and learning processes (15b,30), the resultant behavioural changes due to the reduction of dopaminergic activity in iron-deficient animals may go some way to explain the adverse effects on cognition, behavioural patterns, learning and attention, event-related potentials (ERPs) and EEG changes reported in iron-deficient children (19-28,30)."
The cited article stated "Contaminate Ferrous Ions" and not "Nutritional Iron Deficiency".
I do not think those are the same thing.

These results suggest that ascorbic acid in the presence of contaminant ferrous ions induced a decrease in functional DA transporters, probably through a lipid peroxidation process involving oxidation of sulfhydryl groups and at least in part through a decrease of Na+/K+ ATPase activity.

Dopamine Transporter: Aging and Parkinson’s Disease

The dopamine transporter (DAT) is a 12 transmembrane-spanning protein, which is responsible for transporting dopamine out of the synaptic cleft of dopaminergic neurons. During aging DAT expression declines in substantia nigra neurons. DAT, while selective for dopamine, can transport neurotoxins into substantia nigra neurons producing Parkinson's-like signs.

Last edited:

FitnessMike

few kiwis a day will make you feel oukay

FitnessMike

cs3000

https://europepmc.org/article/med/8445988

We examined the secretion of prolactin (PRL) in the hereditary scurvy-prone Osteogenic Disorder Shionogi (ODS) rat to investigate the role of ascorbic acid (AsA) in pituitary lactotroph and hypothalamic function.
Plasma PRL concentrations
were measured before and after the administration of metoclopramide (MCP), 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan (5-HTP) or saline. The basal plasma PRL levels did not differ between the two groups.
However, the AsA-deficient rats exhibited significantly larger changes in plasma prolactin concentration in response to MCP or 5-HTP than the control ODS rats. Thus, AsA deficiency enhanced the stimulated, but not the basal, secretion of PRL in ODS rats. Our findings suggest that AsA may have an inhibitory effect on PRL secretion.

(So doesn't lower baseline prolactin levels,
but good vit C levels = less prolactin response from serotonin rise)

Last edited:

japanesedude

I accidentally took something like 30g of vitamin c before and my libido magically went through the roof for next 3 days.
I'm pretty sure that was from mega dose vitamin c.