Vitamin C ESSENTIAL To Lower Prolactin?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
We have demonstrated that dopamine rapidly downregulates dopamine Ds receptors and that the physiological concentration of ascorbic acid prevents the D2 receptor downregulation. The ascorbic acid not only protects dopamine from oxidation (17, 22) but also potentiates the inhibitory action of dopamine on prolactin release (23). A few examples of possible mechanisms
of the potentiation are that ascorbic acid acts as an endogenous cofactor, it facilitates receptor recycling, and it acts by enhancing signal transduction system. Another possible mechanism is prevention of Dz receptor downregulation, because ascorbic acid partially prevented the receptor downregulation (Fig. 4). However, the precise mechanism of ascorbic acid is still a
subject for further investigation. Dopamine clearly cannot sustain its inhibitory action without ascorbic action (Figs. 1 and 3), yet the mechanism is not yet established.

ALSO:

Ascorbic acid potentiates the inhibitory effect of dopamine on prolactin release in primary cultured rat pituitary cells​

S H Shin 1, R Stirling
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

The chemical structure of dopamine includes an ortho-catechol group which is labile to oxidizing agents. Ascorbic acid, a reducing agent, has in the past been added to the incubation medium in order to protect dopamine against oxidation. However, there has been no thorough examination of the biological effect of ascorbic acid on prolactin release. In this present study we have shown that ascorbic acid has neither a stimulatory nor an inhibitory effect on prolactin release but reduces by approximately two orders of magnitude the concentration of dopamine necessary to inhibit prolactin release from cultured anterior pituitary cells. The strong potentiation effect of ascorbic acid was reproduced using apomorphine. We compared the effect of ascorbic acid and isoascorbic acid on dopamine inhibition of prolactin release. Isoascorbic acid is an epimer of ascorbic acid, having the same reduction-oxidation potential as ascorbic acid, but is less biologically active. Isoascorbic acid was less effective in potentiating the dopaminergic effect than was ascorbic acid, which supports the notion that potentiation by ascorbic acid is not entirely due to its reducing property. In order to dissociate further the chemical protection of dopamine from the biological potentiation, the inhibitory effects of freshly made and 3-h-old dopamine solutions were compared. Neither one of the two solutions contained any ascorbic acid, yet the two solutions did not show any difference in their ability to inhibit prolactin release during the 3-h incubation period, indicating that no significant amount of dopamine was oxidized.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

DonLore

Just shows you that there is no way around eating a nutrition-dense diet of fruit, meat, organ meats, dairy and seafood. Oh and getting plenty of sun exposure

Birdie

And if we decide to take extra vitamin C, beyond food, it's a job to find one low in Lead. Lots of discussion on that and suggestions of one that is low enough, but it's always going to be questionable in my mind.

I stopped the extra vitamin C when I heard about the contamination during processing, but I have a jar of the Quail-C that I've been using this past year. Not using the huge quantities I used in the past.

golder

And if we decide to take extra vitamin C, beyond food, it's a job to find one low in Lead. Lots of discussion on that and suggestions of one that is low enough, but it's always going to be questionable in my mind.

I stopped the extra vitamin C when I heard about the contamination during processing, but I have a jar of the Quail-C that I've been using this past year. Not using the huge quantities I used in the past.
What about powdered Acerola Cherry to boost vit C?

Grapelander

Thank You - located more supportive studies.

This study cautioned that iron contaminated the long-term benefit for ascorbic acid.
These results suggest that ascorbic acid in the presence of contaminant ferrous ions induced a decrease in functional DA transporters, probably through a lipid peroxidation process involving oxidation of sulfhydryl groups and at least in part through a decrease of Na+/K+ ATPase activity.

DonLore

And vitamin C depletes copper while natural vitC has copper attached, right?

redsun

Thank You - located more supportive studies.

This study cautioned that iron contaminated the long-term benefit for ascorbic acid.
These results suggest that ascorbic acid in the presence of contaminant ferrous ions induced a decrease in functional DA transporters, probably through a lipid peroxidation process involving oxidation of sulfhydryl groups and at least in part through a decrease of Na+/K+ ATPase activity.
DA transporter is DAT, which like SERT, takes serotonin out of the synapse where it can exert its action. So less DAT activity would technically be a good thing, not a bad thing because dopamine would not be transported out of the synapse as quickly. Iron is very much needed for dopamine, besides the synthesis of dopamine its very needed for dopaminergic function. Dopaminergic regions have the highest concentrations of iron.

"It has been demonstrated that nutritional iron-deficiency induced in rats results in the reduction of DA D2 receptor binding sites, leading to down-regulation of dopaminergic activity similar to that observed in neuroleptic-treated animals. The following observations are common to both conditions: (a) Decreased behavioural response to pre- and post-synaptically DA and serotonin acting drugs, amphetamine, apomorphine and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine. (b) Inhibition of amphetamine or apomorphine induced hypothermia in rats kept at an ambient temperature of 4 degrees C. (c) Increased sleeping time to phenobarbitone which cannot be attributed to the rate of drug metabolism (5,38). (d) Upregulation of prolactin binding sites in the liver as a result of increased serum prolactin. Additionally, nutritional iron-deficiency lowers brain iron and interferes with protein synthesis in this organ, which could explain the reduction of DA D2 receptor number and function. Given the fact that the highest brain concentrations of iron are found in dopaminergic structures (see 42 for review), and the essential role of intact dopaminergic systems to attentional and learning processes (15b,30), the resultant behavioural changes due to the reduction of dopaminergic activity in iron-deficient animals may go some way to explain the adverse effects on cognition, behavioural patterns, learning and attention, event-related potentials (ERPs) and EEG changes reported in iron-deficient children (19-28,30)."

InChristAlone

And vitamin C depletes copper while natural vitC has copper attached, right?
No that was pseudo-science pushed by the Morley crowd.

InChristAlone

I thought there was evidence of ascorbic acid lowering copper and copper absorption?
I am sick at the moment so I will get back to you soon! In the meantime you could search my name and ceruloplasmin as I posted some good research on it.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
This is my 3rd IV VItamin C dose, and yet again, I'm feeling hyper-dopaminergic effects... Mental clarity and spike in libido.

This is someone who's used MANY different vitamin C supplements and herbs, with ZERO Effect.

IV VItamin C is a different level.

golder

This is my 3rd IV VItamin C dose, and yet again, I'm feeling hyper-dopaminergic effects... Mental clarity and spike in libido.

This is someone who's used MANY different vitamin C supplements and herbs, with ZERO Effect.

Nice. I’m tempted to give it a try. What service did you use, I want to see if I can try to find some more details.

Ismail

What type of vitamin C is in the actual IV? ie what’s the composition/“ingredients”?

And also what’s the name of the service/company you used?

Thanks buddy ?

Marquis777

How much was in the IV?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals