haidut

Forum Supporter
Just posting this to keep people aware that after mocking Linus Pauling for half a century mainstream medicine now seems eager to embrace his therapies of cancer using high-doe vitamin C. Unfortunately, it appears even staff writers at ScienceMag are unaware that therapies with vitamin C have already been proven effective and one of them is now even FDA-approved. Namely, the drug Apatone, which I have posted about in the past. Well, slowly but surely medicine will do 180 degree turn.

Vitamin C and Immuno-oncology

"...Linus Pauling was a fearsomely great scientist who is remembered by the general public for his advocacy of megadoses of Vitamin C, a favorite topic of his later in life. Infectious disease, cancer: Pauling advised gram amounts of ascorbic acid and had a lot of theorizing to offer about why that was beneficial. So while his scientific legacy is (among other things) his work on chemical bonding, on genetically-based disease and the concept of molecular biology in general, and plenty of lesser-known deeds such as encouraging the earliest NMR studies of organic compounds, his legacy in the wider world involves increased vitamin sales and the association of Vitamin C in particular with the treatment of disease."

"...Here’s a new paper from a team in Italy that suggests that these effects have to do with immuno-oncology, and that the combination of i.v. ascorbate and immunomodulators might be quite useful. Vitamin C only showed effects in mouse tumor models when the animals had a fully competent immune system. Narrowing down, its beneficial effects appear to depend on T-cell pathways: antibodies to CD4 or CD8, for example, took things back to baseline tumor development. But on the other hand, the combination of Vitamin C with anti-PD1 and/or anti-CTLA-4 antibodies was noticeably more effective. This appears to be independent of the pro-oxidative damage mechanism mentioned above, as well as of the reported effects of high-dose ascorbate on iron metabolism."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fantastic! Been loving the vitamin C lately thanks to @sugarbabe and @tankasnowgod et el and their fantastic work on the subject.

Gone Peating

Lol, what a ridiculous patent “5g of vit c combined with 50mg k3”. They can’t patent vit c so they just pair it with something and there you go

InChristAlone

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks, Charlie! I'd also like to thank you, for everything you have done over the years with this forum.
Ditto that. You are doing great work. :hattip

InChristAlone

Which Quali- C - there’s many to choose from :)
Any brand that says Quali-C should be reputable but I can't vouch for all of them. So be sure what you are buying is trustworthy.

Frankdee20

Taking gram amounts of oral plain Ascorbic Acid will create too much acid in the gut... Use Sodium Ascorbate instead

Bad Linhat

Taking gram amounts of oral plain Ascorbic Acid will create too much acid in the gut... Use Sodium Ascorbate instead
Is sufficient to add baking soda to ascorbic acid to avoid this problem.
I took 5g of ascorbic acid 4 times a day with baking soda for about 10 years without any problem

InChristAlone

I take 4 grams a day with about 1/4 tsp or less of baking soda.

Bad Linhat

Just for overall health? Or were you trying to cure something?
I follow Orthomolecular Medicine and 20g overall was my bowel tolerance at that time.
Take vitamin C at bowel tolerance aid me in several ways, for example for my grass allergy. In the spring (when my allergy manifest heavily) my bowel tolerance go up to 30g a day or more, but with vitamin C i have little symptoms.

Now after 2,5 years of Peat diet my bowel tolerance is lowered to 12g a day (sign of better health in my opinion).
I try to get more nutrient from foods whenever is possible.
I found also, as Peat suggest, that maintain a constant blood sugar level aid a lot with my allergy (little to no symptoms without increment C aupplement)

Frankdee20

I don’t take more than about 2-4 Grams or one teaspoon of the sodium ascorbate.... It’s cheaper than eating fresh fruit, kiwis being the best source ....

Frankdee20

Just picked up some kiwis!
There’s two types, one is smooth all over and more yellow in color and the other is fuzzier and green flesh... They’re also a good source of Vitamin E and K1 believe it or not