Vitamin B6 Very High!

gilson dantas

I use diet based on the principles of R Peat; and I have high homocysteine.
But now I see that my vitamin B6 [dosed in the blood] is very high.
Normal range is 5-30 mcg /L, but I have 132! How to interpret a hypervitaminosis B6? [And whereas my folic acid in the blood is high and, however, homocysteine still high, around 14].

paymanz

Gilson can you please tell me if you had supplemented b6 and what dosage and what period?

I would like to know because I use supplement and never tested ever.

Last edited:
OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@paymanz, the question is: I do not use B6 supplementation [it is not a completely safe supplement] and I did not used B6; I suppose that the high B6 on the blood comes from my diet; or from a metabolic problem, I do not know. I really would like to understand that. As I do not undestand why my homocysteine is very high...

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

yes, that´s my question: I don´t know why; but perhaps there is a bad metabolic pathway, something I would like very much to undestand!

Birdie

Do you have any neurological symptoms like tingling or numbness in feet. Or hands?
It sounds like you know about the possible dangers of b6 supps and don't take it.

Foods high in b6 seem to be some nuts, tuna, pork, turkey, chicken, some dried fruits.
You could do a search on b6 foods to see if it is sneaking into your diet.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Well, @Birdie, thanks!
The point is: I don´t have any kind of neurological symptoms; and I did´t used B6 as supplement; I use B3 and aspirine, and pregnenolone [60 mg/day]; and I follow a diet based on R Peat principles, trying to heal my prostate tumor. That´s all.
So, I do not use nuts, tuna, turkey, no dried fruits, no chicken; I use cheese, shrimp, oxtail, OJ, things like that; for that reason I do not undestand high B6.
And yes, I have high homocysteine. And many questions to answer about that.

B6 is into most of foods

Maybe it is related to the prostate tumor

Its good to share with us
But i prefer that you go to a doctor
That can dig deep down to know whats wrong

But i were you
I will not care

Until i feel something wrong as birdie said

I wish i could help

Good luck :)

Dante

haidut has posted studies that vit B6 reduces high homocysteine, you can search on the forum for that, may be the high serum levels are due to improper utilization of b6 in the homocysteine cycle . as bahaa said, best to go to a doctor.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Friends @Bahaa El wazzan and @Dante: You say to me to see doctors. Well, I saw doctors. Useless and dangerous.
The only thing they know is to do biopsy [with the ability to spread cancer] and request toxic examinations [like tomography]; and surgery; they COMPLETELY don´t undestand even 1% of the lessons from R Peat about human physiology. So I do not thing it is a good idea.
And I have high B6. And high homocysteine. I need to undestand what is happening. But doctors, medicine doctors, come on!

DaveFoster

Friends @Bahaa El wazzan and @Dante: You say to me to see doctors. Well, I saw doctors. Useless and dangerous.
The only thing they know is to do biopsy [with the ability to spread cancer] and request toxic examinations [like tomography]; and surgery; they COMPLETELY don´t undestand even 1% of the lessons from R Peat about human physiology. So I do not thing it is a good idea.
And I have high B6. And high homocysteine. I need to undestand what is happening. But doctors, medicine doctors, come on!
Do you take aspirin?

Aspirin and prostate cancer prevention. - PubMed - NCBI

"Aspirin has been associated to a reduced risk of colorectal, and possibly of other cancers. Data from at least 25 observational studies also suggest a modest reduced risk of prostate cancer in regular aspirin users, with a summary relative risk, RR, of 0.91 (95 % confidence interval, CI, 0.86-0.96) overall, 0.87 (95 % CI 0.74-1.02) from nine case-control studies, and 0.92 (95 % CI 0.87-0.97) from 16 cohort studies. However, risk estimates are heterogeneous and there is no relation with frequency, dose, or duration of aspirin use. Data from randomized controlled trials of aspirin for the prevention of vascular events showed a nonsignificant reduced risk of death from prostate cancer after a latent period of five or more years (RR 0.52, 95 % CI 0.20-1.24) based on 37 deaths from prostate cancer from seven trials. The RR was 0.81 (95 % CI 0.61-1.06) after 20 years of follow-up, based on 210 cases from three trials with long-term follow-up. Thus, data from observational studies and clinical trials are compatible with a modest favorable effect of aspirin on prostate cancer. Inference for causality and public health implications are, however, far from conclusive given the heterogeneity of results and the lack of dose and duration-risk relationships. Data on prostate cancer survival are still limited and inconsistent."

The association between regular use of aspirin and the prevalence of prostate cancer: Results from the National Health Interview Survey. - PubMed - NCBI

"Prostate cancer is prevalent with significant morbidity in the United States. Aspirin previously has been found to be associated with reduced carcinogenesis of prostate cells. However, it remains unclear whether regularly taking aspirin could lower the risk of prostate cancer. Therefore, our aim was to examine the association between self-reported regular use of aspirin and the prevalence of prostate cancer in a national sample of the US adult population.The National Health Interview Survey is an annual survey conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics to investigate health and healthcare use of the US population. The current study is a population-based cross-sectional study using the 2010 National Health Interview Survey data. Adult male respondents who self-reported regularly taking aspirin at least 3 times per week were grouped as regular users. The prostate cancer prevalence was measured by respondents' self-report of prostate cancer. Multivariable logistic regression models were used to evaluate the association between these 2 factors by adjusting for covariates selected based on Andersen Behavioral Model of Health Services Use.An estimated 23 million (23.7%) males in the United States reported that they took aspirin regularly. Of them, 5.0% had prostate cancer. Regular aspirin use was significantly associated with a lower self-reported prevalence of prostate cancer after adjusting for predisposing, enabling, and need factors (odds ratio 0.60, 95% confidence interval 0.38-0.94).Regular aspirin use was found to be significantly associated with a lower self-reported prevalence of prostate cancer in the United States in 2010. Further clinical trials and longitudinal studies are needed to confirm the causality between regular aspirin use and prostate cancer."

Prostate Cancer

"The prostaglandins were discovered in prostatic fluid, where they occur in significant concentrations. They are so deeply involved with the development of cancers of all sorts that aspirin and other prostaglandin inhibitors should be considered as a basic part of cancer therapy. The prostaglandins have local and systemic effects that promote cancer growth. ("The prostaglandins and related eicosanoids synthesized from polyunsaturated fatty acid precursors have been implicated as modulators of tumor metastasis, host immunoregulation, tumor promotion, and cell proliferation." Hubbard, et al., 1988.)"

Aspirin will also bring down your homocysteine:

Aspirin downregulates homocysteine formation in stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. - PubMed - NCBI

"Moderate hyperhomocysteinaemia is established as an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis, thrombosis, stroke and dementia. Hyperhomocysteinaemia is mostly caused by the deficiency of B-vitamins folate and vitamin B12, which are essential cofactors in the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine. Interestingly, moderate hyperhomocysteinaemia is also often observed in chronic diseases, in which also elevated immune activation markers such as neopterin or sTNFR-II are found. In order to simulate immune activation in vitro, human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) were stimulated with mitogens. Stimulation significantly increased homocysteine production in comparison with unstimulated PBMC; in parallel also neopterin formation was induced. Homocysteine formation was due to cell proliferation, proliferating T lymphocytes, and also the myelomonocytic cell line U-937 produced homocysteine. Treatment with the anti-inflammatory drug aspirin dose-dependently inhibited homocysteine production and also neopterin formation in human PBMC. Treatment with salicylic acid showed similar effects as aspirin; FACS analysis showed that both compounds inhibited cell proliferation by arresting cells in the G0/G1-phase. In U-937, both compounds also slightly induced apoptosis at 5 mm. Proliferation-induced homocysteine formation and in parallel also monocyte activation can be suppressed effectively by aspirin and salicylic acid in vitro, suggesting that also in vivo aspirin may downregulate not only inflammation but also formation of homocysteine."

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Very good @DaveFoster! I use aspirin 100 mg at bedtime daily.
With aspirin [just like pregnenolone etc etc etc] the problem always is the dose! How much, by how many days and what are the special cares I must to have? People do not talk to me about experiencies.
Perhaps you have some informations more about it. I use aspirin, 100 mg, by 2-3 months. and pregnenolone 60 mg too. And 200 mg B3 before to sleep. And homocysteine is high up to four years. And I have good levels of B12, B6 and folate. By the way, I eat liver once by week, shrimp once or twice, and eggs, 14 yoks by week. So, perhaps the problem it is not on B vitamins, coline etc. And I use fresh ox gelatine 3 times by day [I do it myself at home, no industrial toxics].
And I am very worry about high homocysteine for so many years...

DaveFoster

Very good @DaveFoster! I use aspirin 100 mg at bedtime daily.
With aspirin [just like pregnenolone etc etc etc] the problem always is the dose! How much, by how many days and what are the special cares I must to have? People do not talk to me about experiencies.
Perhaps you have some informations more about it. I use aspirin, 100 mg, by 2-3 months. and pregnenolone 60 mg too. And 200 mg B3 before to sleep. And homocysteine is high up to four years. And I have good levels of B12, B6 and folate. By the way, I eat liver once by week, shrimp once or twice, and eggs, 14 yoks by week. So, perhaps the problem it is not on B vitamins, coline etc. And I use fresh ox gelatine 3 times by day [I do it myself at home, no industrial toxics].
And I am very worry about high homocysteine for so many years...
Because you have cancer, your can use up to 4 grams per day safely if you take the proper precautions. Dr. Peat thinks that 1 gram is a safe amount indefinitely, but even going up to 8 grams in some cases, (like late-stage cancer) may be merited.

For the aspirin before bed:

1) Dissolve pharmaceutical grade aspirin animal powder in boiling hot water.
2) Mix with baking soda in 1:3 ratio aspirin to baking soda.
2) Add glycine powder 1 - 2 TSP
3) Add sugar for taste
4) Let cool.
5) Drink.

6) Take around 1 mg K2 for every 325 mg aspirin (Peat's recommendation)

7) Before bed, take 20 mg famotidine. Dissolve in hot water and add apple cider vinegar, let cool, and drink all but the precipitate at the bottom of the container.

8) If dyspepsia persists, take 20 mg additional famotidine in the morning after breakfast.

For you, you should work up to 1 gram and see if you tolerate that dosage, then go to 2 grams, then 3, up to 4 grams. Once you get past 2 grams, you'd probably want to dose in the morning after breakfast, and before bed (first dose + 2 g in the evening).

Increase your aspirin dose by 100 mg every three to four days, or even a week if you want to be very safe.

Last edited:

Dante

If you want to understand methylation cycle chris masterjohn has written two simple articles ( it also ties in vitamin B6 connection with homocysteine)
http://www.westonaprice.org/our-blo...avoid-animal-protein-to-optimize-methylation/
http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/beyond-good-and-evil/
Edit: Just drawing parallels. We know that diabetics have high serum glucose plus they seem to lose glucose in urine. There is low cellular utilization of glucose if i remember correctly. Have you tested urine vitamin b6 levels. if the levels are high, chances are you are losing Vitamin b6 which would explain high serum homocysteine levels. If that's the case , may be eating vitamin b6 or knowing how to retain vitamin b6 might be important. (Just a hypothesis on my part)

Last edited:

Dopamine

I understand why you would be hesitant to visit a doctor but it would probaly be a good idea just to go in and get a second opinion right? Doesn't mean you have to commit to any kind of treatment.

I don't know much about this but I know certain drugs or supplements could raise homocysteine. Taking any medications? Do you take a multivitamin or drink lots of energy drinks? Energy drinks and multivitamins usually have high amounts of b6. Bodybuilding supplements like ZMA have high b6.